#1re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/26/05 at 11:47pm

taping it! :)

Thanks for the info!

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#2re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/26/05 at 11:52pm

This should be good! I'm also taping it, Hank's crotch. :) "His name is Lancelot, he likes to dance alot"

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#3re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/26/05 at 11:59pm

He should be on next, can't wait. It should be good fun. re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#4re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:00am

IS on next. Loved Eric Idle on Craig Ferguson.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

pab Profile Photo
pab
#5re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:07am

Just saw an hour interview with Mike Nichols, done by Charlie Rose. Most of it was about "Spamalot".

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#6re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:11am

WOW. Azaria is taking a LONG break from SPAMALOT. I thought it would only be for a month but it appears he's leaving in June and not coming back until the fall/Thanksgiving.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#7re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:12am

What are the day in June is he leaving? I have tickets for June.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#8re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:13am

They didn't say.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#9re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:15am

Gosh, darn it! I wish they'd announce it...

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#10re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:17am

Look at that! He mentioned his prestigious Munky Award Nomination and how happy and humbled he was to recieve it. Aw...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

jasper2
#11re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 1:36am

Could anyone who taped it do me a big favor by sending me a copy? I'd gladly pay for any costs incurred. I'm a big fan of Hank Azaria and I'm still kicking myself for missing it!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#12re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 6:24am

We see it labor day weekend

Maybe it is me but if someone is going to committ to Broadway, they should clear their schedules and give it 100 % & not be there for awhile, leave & come back. People are paying big bucks, some just to see him in good part & I think it is a bit disingenuous for him to do this

Poster Emeritus

JaiRoAngel Profile Photo
JaiRoAngel
#13re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:51pm

yeah I had no clue that he was going to be absent for soooo long! When I heard he would be back for the Holiday I just thought Labor Day, not Thanksgiving. Geez, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Ladyofthe Lake Profile Photo
Ladyofthe Lake
#14re: Hank Azaria on Letterman Tonight!
Posted: 4/27/05 at 1:11pm

I see your point, MrRoxy. I really do. If I'd bought tickets for the show with the expectation of seeing Hank Azaria, and only later learned it was prearranged that he would be out of the cast at that time, I'd be highly disappointed. However, if blame is to be placed, I wouldn't place it with Mr. Azaria, who - based on comments in many interviews - is getting the opportunity to live out his fanboy dreams by doing this show, and undoubtedly made his previous obligations known at the time he was cast. The problem, IMO, lies with the fact the dates he would be gone were not - and *still* have not been - fully publicized. Perhaps the specific dates of his departure and return have not been nailed down, but it would have been nice if the approximate date *range* had somehow been made known to ticket buyers. I seriously doubt it would have had any significant dampening effect on sales, and would have prevented some unpleasant surprises for ticket holders down the line.

Videos