Avenue Q Sex Scene

fiyero8132
#0Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 1:15pm

I'm seeing Avenue Q in May and i'm curious about the sex scene. Does it actually show him eating her out? that'd be kinda weerd on a broadway stage..

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#1re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 1:16pm

Yes...but they are puppets...it's not gross...they are pieces of material.

It's halarious

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#2re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 1:45pm

It is full puppet nudity.
But it is harmless.
I am more embarrassed by the underwear song.
Something about it creeps me out.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#3re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 1:47pm

Let's just say, I saw "Avenue Q" with my english class. I go to an all girls Catholic high school, so imagine that. And I was sitting next to my teacher.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#4re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 1:50pm

I'm 15 and I thought it would be so awkward, sitting next to my mom at Avenue Q watching that..It actually wasn't that bad..I think the noises and little girations the actors do (at least I know Johnny did some lol) are a little more weirding out..cute nonetheless :)
It's more fun than weird :)

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

sassypanz
#5re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 1:59pm

They have sex but they have no private parts.

Parks
#6re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 2:09pm

I felt dirty after watching a video of it..:-/ I was sitting with my mom when I saw it...rear-mezz..so she couldn't really see it all that well. We're going to see it again in July and we have 3rd row seats. Wahoo..haha

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#7re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 2:53pm

it was hilarious - i almost fell out of my chair the first time i saw it! (of course, i was mainly just watching johnny t, and wasn't really paying much attention to the puppets - so hot!) re: Avenue Q Sex Scene

MisterRussell Profile Photo
MisterRussell
#8re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 3:33pm

If in truth you refer to that incredibly erotic and sensual act as "eating her out" in real life, I hope you never lose your virginity and/or have the opportunity to be so damn offensive again, ya pig.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#9re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 3:35pm

Russ.
re: Avenue Q Sex Scene

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#10re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 7:20pm

i was sitting on the left side in the audiencefront row when i saw avenue Q and it was HYSTERCIAL... B-fo is reallly good at working it too.... but i dont know if he does the sex dance like johnny did.

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#11re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 7:23pm

Of course it's weird - thus the appeal, lol! They DO show that, it's kind of the epitome/gimmick of the show. It's PUPPETS but MATURE...it's really more hysterical than anything else. Yes, I was weirded out but it's such a riot my whole family gave each other weird looks and then ended up cracking up.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Parks
#12re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 7:25pm

I'm gonna be so close to the *action*. HA. Hm.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

GirlforTartaglia
#13re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 7:31pm

What does Barrett do during that anyway?
I just remember Johnny was like swaying and dancing along..
Stephanie was calming moving the puppet lol.Johnny looked like he was having a blast.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

hannahshule Profile Photo
hannahshule
#14re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 7:31pm

Very funny Parksre: Avenue Q Sex Scene

~And let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life~

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#15re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 7:39pm

I remember before I saw the show for the first time, my friend saw it and told me there was one scene in the show that made her feel mortified that she was sitting next to mother and I would know the scene when I saw it (I did).

I thought it was hysterical. However, there is no way I'd want to sit next to my mom through that.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

filmgirl325 Profile Photo
filmgirl325
#16re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 7:48pm

I was in the fourth row on the left hand side the first time I saw it...I think it is by far one of the funniest things I've ever seen. However, I'm glad I've seen the show more than once...I too was distracted by the swiveling hips of John!

"It's the smile you smile that counts, happy thoughts in large amounts, any problem you can trounce, you can bounce right back."--Donald O'Connor

PerhapsACreamPuff Profile Photo
PerhapsACreamPuff
#17re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 9:32pm

Wow Russell. Wow.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Hilda, Hilda, wake up! I've invented a maneuver.

MusicMan
#18re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 9:37pm

Fiyero8132, you would do well to rewrite your post with a little less explicitness and crudity. Have some respect for others.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#19re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 9:38pm

GirlforTartaglia, when I saw it, Barrett was bumping and grinding against the table or whatever the puppets were on. He was hilarious!

GirlforTartaglia
#20re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Posted: 4/30/05 at 9:41pm

*smiles* Can't wait to see it w/ him now!! re: Avenue Q Sex Scene
Only 58 more days!!