pixeltracker

What's your "Been there, done that" shows?

What's your "Been there, done that" shows?

mikewood
#0What's your "Been there, done that" shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:16am

What are those shows that you've seen, enjoyed but have no interest in ever seeing again? (past and present)

I have a few:

Beauty and the Beast

Lion King: do to its extended run in Boston, I have twice in the last year, consecutive Christmas presents for my niece...(by her request!), I needn't ever see this show again as great as it is.

Aida: Unlike the previous two, I only saw Aida once, and even if it was still around, I don't think I'd see it again.

(hmmm....just noticed the commonality of the above three shows!)

POTO: Not a big fan, and because of the niece factor have seen it the last two times its been to Boston and like Lion King will end up seeing it again!

BLAH BLAH BLAH
Updated On: 5/10/05 at 10:16 AM

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#1re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:20am

There are no shows that I liked but don't want to see again. Usually, the only shows I won't come back to are ones that I didn't like. I only see shows when they come to town, so by the time they come back I'm usually game for another night!

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

yodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
#2re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:22am

Cats! I came, I saw, I pretty much enjoyed, I feel no need to see it again.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#3re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:54am

brooklyn. once is enough. i got the point. and i don't want to subject my ears to that again.

Lome2 Profile Photo
Lome2
#4re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:27am

Mmm... We Will Rock You (West End), 42nd Street and Beauty and the Beast.

ozdustgirl2 Profile Photo
ozdustgirl2
#5re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:14pm

crazy for you only because i was in second grade and wasnt really into theater yet, i got bored and slept. can you blame me?

"There are times when were dirt broke, and hungry and freezing and I ask myself why the hell am I still living here?...And then they call!" ~ Mark Cohen RENT movie

Bwaybaby109
#6re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:21pm

Not that I didn't like Little Women, I actually enjoyed it, especially the 2nd act more than the 1st, but seeing that once is enough for me.

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#7re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:26pm

"Wicked".

Actually, I can't even really say that I enjoyed it all that much. "Wicked" is sort of my show-that-I've-seen-that-I-wouldn't-see-again-even-if-I-was-offered-a-free-ticket show.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."
Updated On: 5/10/05 at 12:26 PM

WindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
#8re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:29pm

Phantom of the Opera
Hairspray
Wicked

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#9re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:49pm

Producers. Which I didn't really like, but anyway...

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#10re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:50pm

Well my shows that I have seen that I would never see again:
Wicked (but i didn't really enjoy it the fist time)
Poto (again I didnt really enjoy it though)
Cats (I did enjoy it but I was like 4 and it was the original cast)
Chicago (I saw it with Bebe and Joel no one can match them!)

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

jczelyph Profile Photo
jczelyph
#11re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:01pm

Cats and Blood Brothers. Cats just because I got a teency bit bored (which makes me feel ignorant but i couldn't help it) and Blood Brothers because I have seen it about one bazillion times.

"Jane, I've been dealt a blow - I've been dealt a blow, Jane."

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:06pm

Anything that I liked, I would see again. The shows I would not see again are those that I'm just burned out on for now, but someday, I'd probably go back to see again. I think Rent is the only one that was ruined by a truly awful performance the last time I saw it and I just don't want that to happen to me again.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#13re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:12pm

Would have to be Beauty and the Beast and Cats. I saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time when I was 8 and loved it, but then I saw it two years later, and was a bit disappointed (still loved Be Our Guest though!) But I've now seen it 4 times, and the smaller production at the Lunt-Fontanne is just nothing compared to the Palace's production.

Cats is just boring, though the choreography is amazing! The music is dull, and the plot...don't get me started!

Mary P x

neelyohara Profile Photo
neelyohara
#14re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 3:02pm

Thoroughly Modern Millie. Definitely fell asleep during "The Speed Test."

Not today, Geraldine.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#15re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 3:14pm

"Les Miserables"--seen it 3.5 times (the .5 being when I second-acted it, having nothing else to do when "The Elephant Man," a much shorter play from across the street, ended at "Les Miz's" intermission). I've also warn out my recording of it...the next time I hear that score will be when I play Javert (although I am yet to be cast re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?)

Also, "Phantom"--seen it 4 times, REALLY warn out my recording, and the recent movie version just did it for me. I'm officially sick of it now.

Loppy Profile Photo
Loppy
#16re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 3:18pm

"Actually, I can't even really say that I enjoyed it all that much. "Wicked" is sort of my show-that-I've-seen-that-I-wouldn't-see-again-even-if-I-was-offered-a-free-ticket show. "

If by that you mean "WICKED is sort of my show-that-I-would-make-someone-i-never-met-leave-work-early-and-haul-ass-from-Boston-to-New York-on-the-Acela-so-I-could-see-it-for-the-second-time show", then yes.

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#17re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 3:22pm

Fiddler on the Roof. Please, enough is enough.

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#18re: What's your 'Been there, done that' shows?
Posted: 5/11/05 at 12:39am

It was only because I knew it would be a memorable bonding experience. Not because I wanted to see the show.

And what an experience that was...

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

Videos