Listen to Wicked

iluvmyguitar19
#0Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:26pm

Does anyone know where I can listen to the whole wicked tracks for free. My CD isn't comming for 6-8 weeks because I was too dumb to pick it up at the theater when I went with my group to see the show. A con of going with a middleschool band to broadway. Anyway doesn't anyone know where I can listen to the soundtrack.

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#1re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:36pm

Why are you waiting 6-8 weeks for the CD? You can pick it up at virtually any music store now. Itunes also has it.

Nothing is free, nor should it be.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

Urban
#2re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:33am

If you purchased it through a big store like Amazon of B&N online (or any online store), 6&8 traditionally is just a figure to cover their asses - heck nothing takes that long to deliver these days - even the free P&H I often do on Amazon (if I spend at least $25) takes less then two weeks to deliver (plus I can track!).

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:43am

Go to Barnes and Nobles or Borders, I've listened to entire cd's there before.

I am also sure, that Limewire would have the entire cd.

Norbert Leo's Butt Profile Photo
Norbert Leo's Butt
#4re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 1:37pm

Yeah, dfiniteyl download limewire, you get all the different casts aswell
x

'They re-made my belly with skin from my butt'

525600minutesWicked Profile Photo
525600minutesWicked
#5re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 1:41pm

Why order it online? Why cant you go to a cd store and get it? Gosh, how can u wait that long for the cd ?! However, if u look up Wicked the Musical on google, ull find MANY great interviews etc.. Ive even found the Tony performance.

P.S. -- Do ne of you go on So Beautiful?? If you do, whats ur sn ?

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#6re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:09pm

I don't understand why it is taking so long...obviously somethign is not right.

Don't encourage getting it for free. Just wrong.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#7re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:15pm

there is no such thing as a free lunch..........

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#8re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:51pm

GUYS! I wouldn't want to pick it up in stores in my state...everywhere I've seen the cd it's $18.99..why should I pay that much when I can get it on overstock for $15 + $2 shipping or $13.50 on Amazon plus if I want something else I can get free shipping.

I refuse to buy the cd at the stores here cuz i'm not spending $20 on it. I might as well go to the Oriental theatre and buy it for $25!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#9re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:58pm

LOL... no offense stephanie.. but your 17+2 on overstock is only 2 less than the 18 in stores... its really NOT that big of a difference.. you people are pathetic!
... and 6-8 weeks? where did you order from? HAHA

StephanietheStar
#10re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:04pm

cvapb---If you read correctly Overstock is 15+2=$17 TOTAL...and it's only $13.50 if I wanted to pick up something else on Amazon and get free shipping.
And why should I support the stores out here when the workers all look at me like I'm stupid if I ask for OBCRs???

And Pathetic??? excuse me if I've got bills to pay! if I spent an extra $3-$10 on a cd everytime I bought one then I would just have MORE bills to pay. Sorry--my mommy doesn't buy everything for me...:)

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#11re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:05pm

Yeah, but you need to spend $25 for free shipping - and if you buy something you don't really want, but you wouldn't mind having....

$17+2 = 19, which is what it costs in the store. I think that's what he meant.

StephanietheStar
#12re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:08pm

but then tax.it will cost me at least $20.50 versus no more than $17. I'm sorry but I think they extra $3.50 saved each time I buy a cd is important. x's that by at least 100 cds that I have you have $350...yeah..it's important.

AND maybe he lives in a small town that doesn't have Wicked yet. it's possible. I live in a large city and our stores take MONTHS to get broadway cds.

romanov
#13re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:09pm

Stephanie believes in fiscal responsibility.

StephanietheStar
#14re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:09pm

I DO romanov! ahha

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#15re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:16pm

You don't have a Best Buy or a Target near you?

StephanietheStar
#16re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:17pm

Best Buy charges $18.99, and target doesn't have any Bway cast recordings. If you are talking to me that is...ahha

#17re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:20pm

Wicked is on sale at Tower for $14.99. Any "record store" in Chicago that is not aware of the Wicked Phenomenon and adjusted their marketing campaigns accordingly is not worthy of that name.

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#18re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:21pm

It took me forever to find a copy of Wicked in the stores. Most big box stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc..) order 1 or 2 copies at a time so they aren't always easy to find. If I go to a small dedicated music store (Disc Jockey, FYE, etc...) then they are usually around $20. If I really MUST have the full cd with the case and the book I order mine from Amazon or if I don't care about all of that I buy it from iTunes. $9.99 for any full cd is a great deal.

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

StephanietheStar
#19re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:22pm

I live in Rockford..and I believe they charge that much since they don't order very many of them and don't sell very many of them. So they charge a lot for the few people who do want them since they have NO choice but to buy it there.

We have a Target, Borders, Best Buy, Sam Goody, and a Media Play of chain cd stores..target doesn't have it and they others charge $20. No thanks

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#20re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:23pm

I live on Long Island and I often have trouble finding them...it took me forever to track down little women, Finally I found it at Barnes and noble...pretty good price too

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

iluvmyguitar19
#21re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:57pm

Um thanks for all the advice

I bought the CD off the internet USED which meant they had to send it to me and there we complications, but the CD was cheap so it was kinda worth it. Anyway the order got messed up so I'm not getting the CD. You can all breathe a little easier.

I'm actually having my boyfriend burn it for me and for those of you that seem appalled by the fact that I would try to listen to a CD for free I'm truly sorry for the dreadful act on my part. I'm truly sorry for offending you but may I state that at 13 (14 tomorrow!!!!) the CD money doesn't flow in easily. All my money is going into my income to purchase a full set of hockey equipment. Even used that stuff is so extremely expensive it scarry. Something that has been used by a sweaty teenage boy should be under $20 no mater what. Ok I'm rambling. So thanks you guys

P.S. I did download LimeWire and having a lot of fun with it right now.

P.P.S. I do live in a small farm town in CT by the way, where horses are still used on main roads and stuff.

THANKS A LOT PEOPLE

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#22re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 4:03pm

iluvmyguitar.. Happy Birthday tomorrow :)!

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

StephanietheStar
#23re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:03pm

Happy Bday!

and may I say that you all shouldn't be so mean..we don't all have that much money to spend on cd's in store...

Don't worry...iluv I'm 19 and I don't have the money to be spending on a full price cd!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#24re: Listen to Wicked
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:10pm

you could be illegal adn download it using limewire (www.limewire.com) i got the whole DRS cd a week before it actually came out this way. also tons of great bway vids and clips.

Videos