Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert

Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#0Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:31pm

Wow. Did anyone else see this article?
Playbill.com article

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#1re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:33pm

Sounds awesome. Wish I could go. GAH.

This is my signature.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#3re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:35pm

So...which one is playing Helen of Troy?

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#4re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/7/05 at 4:28pm

Ahh but I am going to Broadway Under the Stars that night...

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#5re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/7/05 at 4:32pm

Helen of Troy composed by a member of AC/DC. Wow.

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#6re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/7/05 at 4:36pm

What an awesome event to be at.. If anyone goes.. tape it !!!

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#7re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/8/05 at 1:27am

Wow I myself am excited for Cary Shields ... I was going to go to Broadway under the stars, but since that will be televised, I think I shall go to this.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#8re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/8/05 at 1:34am

For those about to rock
We Salute You

Somebody got to tape this.

RentBoy86
#9re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/8/05 at 2:17am

Is B'way under the stars only televsied in NYC? I figured, but I might as well ask?

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#10re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/8/05 at 8:11am

For the love of GOD/GODDESS and EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN, someone, PLEASE tape this!!!! Eden Espinosa and Alice Ripley?! It doesn't get much better than that, at least in my book!! DAMN SUMMER COURSES! Please, someone, get this on tape and share!

-Vincent

SWTaffy Profile Photo
SWTaffy
#11re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 9:24am

how was it?

It's worth a shot/ :) www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=15009978

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#12re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 11:17am

yeah how was it? i mean i still can't get over the fact that ac/dc is doing a musical about helen of troy!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#13re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 11:21am

Yeah, I was curious about this as well, but couldn't get myself into the city for it.

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

JennyC
#14re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 11:26am

When I found about this reading, I abandoned all thoughts of going to Broadway Under the Stars. Eden and Alice singing together?!?

So glad I went becuase it was AWESOME. SO amazing. The reading was held in a really nice lounge/bar place..the Canal Room... that was just perfect for this. There weren't very many seats, but I was lucky enough to get one...and ended up sitting right next to almost the entire cast of Brooklyn! It was great they came out to support Eden. Most people were standing near the bar and in the back. It was pretty packed..as well it should be! The talent was phenomenal.

Bruce Villanch played Zeus and basically served as the narrator for the evening. He was funny and had a few cute little numbers like "It's good to be God." He kind of served to tie everything together.

The reading was like a full out rock concert...the band was awesome and they sure found a group that knows how to belt their hearts out.

I don't really know everyone's names, but they were ALL awesome. Alice Ripley, wearing a fun little black hat and a black sleeveless dress, was GREAT. Wow what a voice. She mainly sang with the other ladies but had a few solos...wow.

Cary Shields and Will Swenson played Helen's love interests and both sounded great.

EDEN ESPINOSA was the star of the night...as Helen of Troy, she was BEYOND amazing. I'm a huge fan, but the girl never ceases to amaze me....where she gets that voice from, I dunno, but she had everyone's respect last night. She had four big numbers, including the amaaaazing "I am not helen of troy" where I don't know HOW she didn't pop a chord. One of the amazing things about Eden is that she can go from super sweet to Full out belt in like two seconds....and her range is just incredible. She was very prepared (they all were...I don't think Alice looked at her script once) and only made an occasional glance at her lyrics.

The guy from AC/DC made a little suprise appearance in one of Will Swenson's song and sang for part of it...he was met by great cheers.

What a fun evening!!
:) jenny

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#15re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 12:01pm

I too was there and thought it was amazing. I took some video clips ... mostly of Cary and Eden but if anyone is interested, you can PM me. Eden belted the sh*t out of every song and cary and will were both very impressive.

Brandi Chavonne was soooo impressive also.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

IveGottaBeME
#16re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 2:13pm

im sooo excited... this sounds amazing. I'm a big Eden fan... is this Helen of Troy thing like going to be a musical eventually or what? i'm confused

broadwaynut20
#17re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 7:24pm

For people that were there did they announce a timetable for this show like any further work on it or when it might be expected on Broadway if they have plans to bring it to the great white way

#18re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 7:35pm

Yay go Eden... she is so amazing... Im not suprised she was the star.

IveGottaBeME
#19re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/14/05 at 7:59pm

this would be a kick ass cast and show im sure..

IveGottaBeME
#20re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/15/05 at 12:28pm

anything more?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#21re: Espinosa and Ripley in AC/DC Helen of Troy concert
Posted: 6/15/05 at 12:39pm

Bruce as Zeus...

You've gotta love that!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Videos