Stephanie J. Block

chenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
#0Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:22pm

In my opinion she is the best Elphaba yet! Anyone elso agree? She has been amazing in everyhing though! I can't wait to see her back in NYC. Anyone else agree?

"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#1re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:26pm

She's coming back to Broadway?

This is my signature.

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#2re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:27pm

YES YES YES! re: Stephanie J. Block

I saw her as Elphaba in Toronto and was BLOWN AWAY. So much better than Idina it's not even funny. No comparison IMO. Her acting is phenomenal, it's like all her acting choices are so well thought through and just perfectly fit each character she's playing. I don't think she could ever be BAD in a role.

And o man, next time she's on Broadway (which I'm hoping is after the tour), I'm heading down ASAP! re: Stephanie J. Block Can you tell I like talking about how wonderful she is? hahare: Stephanie J. Block

"It breaks my heart to see a grown man dressed as a Taco." -David Sedaris
I love Les Miserables.
My new pic is me(on the left)at my last dance recital:(

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#3re: Stephanie J. Block

Oh here we go again, you KNOW I have to stick my nose into this thread and raise my glass to Miss Steph! :)

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#4re: Stephanie J. Block

Out of all the Elphabas I've seen (Idina, Stephanie, and Jenna) she is the best!

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#5re: Stephanie J. Block

she is such a talented performer, but i havent seen her Elphaba yet..i'm curious to know how it turns out

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#6re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:29pm

Oh geez. This thread is going to make me all giddy and I'm going to have to watch that tour trailer again! I was just about to call it a night, too!

I love Les Miserables.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#7re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:29pm

I don't know where her love thread has gone though. re: Stephanie J. Block

ETA: OH Cindy! I agree!

This is my signature.
Updated On: 7/11/05 at 11:29 PM

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#8re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:31pm

I'm really curious; I'd like to see her. I don't see her being better than Idina. Something about her emotions always seems so...forced to me. She has a wonderful voice, though.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#9re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:34pm

EEEEE. After watching the trailer, I always get so excited!

This is my signature.

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#10re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:38pm

I know! Wow this is sad.

And because no one's answered this whenever I randomly posted it before: Does anyone think that in that picture of Steph at the LA premiere with long hair she looks liek Christy Carlson Romano? scary.

I love Les Miserables.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#11re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:39pm

Where's the picture?

I know there was this headshot where Stephanie reminded me EXACTLY of Ana Gasteyer. Before she was announced as Elphaba..sort of weird.

This is my signature.

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#12re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:43pm

If you go to www.livejournal.com/~steph_j_block
it's the entry that says pictures from the LA timexs article

I love Les Miserables.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#13re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:51pm

Hmm. I don't really see it...

This is my signature.

PJ
#14re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:53pm

She seems too matronly for Elphaba. And I have gotten my hands on some newer recordings of her in the show, and I still do not care for her interpretation.

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#15re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:59pm

It should be here- http://www.livejournal.com/community/steph_j_block/53344.html#cutid1

I don't think that really looks like other pictures I've seen of her. Idk. Her hair is really long.

I love Les Miserables.
Updated On: 7/12/05 at 11:59 PM

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#16re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:00am

I have to say that I'm really not one to get starstruck. Yet I'm oddly fascinated by how approachable and accessible she is. She's one of those people who anyone can look at and say, "that could be me!". For me, her performances have been really inspiring, but her character offstage is what really made a lasting impression on me. Now I know that sometimes people have a brief interaction and rush to make judgments. She could be an awful person who I caught in a good moment just like someone really nice could be caught in a bad moment. But somehow it seems like what you see is what you get with her - and what you get with her is nothing short of wonderful!

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#17re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:03am

Ok, I have to post again. Sad, I know. Popular- I totally agree with you[and am jealous of your avatar:)] But I've never read of someone having a bad encounter with her EVER. Everyone always says how she's so sweet and will take off her sunglasses to make you feel more connected and stuff. Just little things that some performers act too 'good' to do.

I've never been one to get startstruck either. In fact, I used to think it was kind of pathetic. But ever since April when i saw the tour I seriosuly feel like the biggest idiot because of random outbursts and postings like this. *sigh*

I need to be weened(sp?) off the wicked tour! re: Stephanie J. Block

I love Les Miserables.
Updated On: 7/12/05 at 12:03 AM

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#18re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:04am

OH! Now I sort of see it. Not really, but sort of. But yeah, when I saw her picture at the Sephora signing, my first thought was about her hair..and how long it was....

This is my signature.

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#19re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:07am

the first time I saw her I was not blown away by her voice, but I was very impressed with her acting. the 2nd time I saw her, her voice was fantastic, and combined with her acting talents, she rocked my sox, lol. people really cant judge her by crappy bootleg recordings. even the professionally shot trailer cant quite capture her performance.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#20re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:08am

words cannot express how much I love this woman.
in honor of this thread....*points to avator*

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Updated On: 7/12/05 at 12:08 AM

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#21re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:09am

Ah, gee, now I'm all riled up. God, I really want to meet her! T_T

This is my signature.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#22re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:13am

Yes, that was me who posted about her taking off her sunglasses. At first I thought I was overalalyzing it but my friend was with me at the time and the next day when I said "do you know what really impressed me?" she totally finished my thought about the sunglasses without us having even talked about it before.

I know what you mean about feeling pathetic. I never want to come off as a "fan"...afterall, isn't that short for FANATIC? I've only approached her once at the stage door out of the 5 times I've gone, and that was only because we had that breif encounter at the lotto the day before. Yet even I, who goes out of my way to stay out of their way, felt compelled to write an email! When I got a response from her, my coworkers were teasing me that since I now had her email address I should add her to my buddy list :) HA HA Yeah right, I'd be blocked right away I'm sure!

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#23re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:13am

AHHH. Me too. STUPID TORONTO STAGE DOOR! I was in a hurry, and stupid, and my parents wanted to go, and, and... *tear*

I'm going to bed before I stay on this any longer and get banned for posting too much:) It's so sad. I have drivers ed in the mornings, but I'm always up til like 1 listening to wicked stuff, and then i hum it in the car. Plus our teacher always ends up having to grab the steering wheel on me... hehe.

Oh man.

I love Les Miserables.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#24re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:32am

i Loved her as LIZA in BFO
anyone know the official word on why she isn't doing S.F.?

Videos