pixeltracker

Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?

Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#0Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/16/05 at 7:14pm

Does anyone know when theyre taking their vacations from the show yet? I think I heard Norb and Greg took theirs already. Thanks a lot!
Updated On: 7/24/05 at 07:14 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS
apdarcey
#2re: Any news on Sherie, John, Joanna, or Sara's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:29pm

don't make a big deal to see sara in the show... i was in pain watching her. however, lithgow's performance is not to be missed.

#3re: Any news on Sherie, John, Joanna, or Sara's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:36pm

Why were you in pain apdarcy?

apdarcey
#4re: Any news on Sherie, John, Joanna, or Sara's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:37pm

because jerry mitchell gave her way to much choreography to do while singing that song. she couldn't stop gasping for breath and she couldn't hold out a note for any length of time and she was so flat. it was awful. she had too many high-kicks and rodeo moves to do.

#5re: Any news on Sherie, John, Joanna, or Sara's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:39pm

yuck... that doesn't make me too excited for her portion of the show

But honestly I am not really going to see her, so I'm okay with it. Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind before I see the show... korenglish

apdarcey
#6re: Any news on Sherie, John, Joanna, or Sara's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:43pm

i was excited to see her after hearing her raves for carla in the revival of nine (many said she was even better than jane k.)... but i was sorely disappointed.... i really was so upset that she was on a broadway stage performing like that... because it was really not good. of course the other 5 leads were amazing.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#7re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:40pm

Re-bumping this. I know when Lithgow's vacay dates are so Im wondering about the three ladies (especially Sherie).

Updated On: 7/24/05 at 04:40 PM

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#8re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:42pm

I don't know their vacation dates, but both Sherie and Sara have a GREAT understudy. Like...friggin incredible. So even if they happen to be gone, you probably won't be disappointed.

This is my signature.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#9re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:45pm

I really want to see Sherie more than anyone else. :-/

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#10re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:45pm

i thought sara was good. but thats just my opinion and i may not notice that stuff as much as you apdarcey cause most of the time i am just excited to be there. but if you can wicked try and gets tickets for when Sherie is there she was amazing. The whole show is but if you can see it with the orignial cast it's worth your money.

I'm kind of a sweat pant, t-shirt, no make-up type of girl. So once a year, I can get spiffy. Sutton Foster :)

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#11re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 4:51pm

ad, i normally agree with you on most points...but I have to say I strongly disagre here. Ive seen the show 3 times now, as it was my favorite new musical of last season, and I simply adored Sara and thought she was absolutely sublime in the part. Is she Peters or Scott or Menzel or Chenowith or Foster? No...but she has a great featured part here and she hits it out of the ballpark during her albeit too breif scene and Oklahoma!

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#12re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 7/24/05 at 6:18pm

I have to respectfully disagree as well. I've seen the show 6 times and never noticed Sara gasping or missing notes in those songs, she's always done a great job with it, and always seems to have a blast doing it.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

WiCkEDrOcKS
#13re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/4/05 at 3:39pm

Bumping this yet again to see if anyone has any new info...

Im seeing the show on Saturday if that helps anyone.

bella cantato
#14re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/4/05 at 3:43pm

Sherie is listed above the title so the theatre is required to tell you if she's gonna be there... so if you call, they should know... Good luck!! re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates? I understand how you feel. I was dyyyying to see Sherie too-- luckily she was in when I saw it! I'm sure she'll be there for you.

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#15re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/4/05 at 3:43pm

Any one know if there are any vacas scheduled for the September 24 matinee? lol I know its 2 months away..

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#16re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/4/05 at 7:02pm

Sherie is taking a break in October

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

WiCkEDrOcKS
#17re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/4/05 at 11:11pm

Thanks guys youre the best...I'll call the theater tomorrow. :)

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#18re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/4/05 at 11:17pm

I loved Sara, she didn't cause me pain.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

darkmist115 Profile Photo
darkmist115
#19re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:34am

i don't know if this helps much, but i saw the show wednesday, afternoon and the only u/s was for lenore, who has a very small part.

Up In Lost
#20re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:47am

So, have we decided when JOHN is out?

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#21re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:50am

This is on the telecharge ticket purchasing page:

Important Notice:
John Lithgow will not be performing August 9th through August 21st.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#22re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 11:14am

Is this is # for the theater?
Box Office: Phone Tix: (212) 239-6200

Its the only # on playbill.com that seems to make sense.

MissNY
#23re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 11:37am

That's the phone number for telecharge, but they will probably be able to help you.
I know Sherie was out last night, but that couldv'e been just a 1 night thing

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#24re: Any news on Sherie, Joanna, or Sara G's vacay dates?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 11:42am

I saw the show last night when Sherie was out (my 4th time seeing it) and her understudy, Laura Marie Duncan, was wonderful!

Videos