pixeltracker

Piazza extends....how much longer?

Piazza extends....how much longer?

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#0Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 12:53am

I don't think this is old news since I did a search and playbill and broadway.com says it still will play through January 1st.

Anyways, Victoria Clark wrote back to me and said it will now play through January 6th...maybe longer. so how much longer do you think it'll run? hehe I would love it if it ran through summer '06 or even spring of '06 so I can see it, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#1re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 12:54am

I hope this show will stay around for a while.

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#2re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:00am

It would be a dream if it extended into 2006. I haven't bought my Jan 1st ticket yet in hopes that this would happen!

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

willact4food Profile Photo
willact4food
#3re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:08am

Why can't they just give it an Open-Ended run? It's doing well...

YankeesFan175
#4re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:09am

i second with willact4food.

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

broadway betty
#5re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:15am

LCT is a not-for-profit organization, they can't give a show an open-ended run. You'd have to find the thread where Margo Channing explained it in detail. But I have a dream that some people with big hearts and even bigger wallets(HUGE wallets) would transfer it to a permanent theatre.

This week, I read that the Vivian Beaumont theatre doesn't have a show set to open in it for the upcoming season so maybe LCT will keep Piazza open until another show needs the theatre. I don't think a show gets much better than Piazza so why try, eh?

chinkie azn jai
#6re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:18am

didn't Contact have an open-ended run?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

MargoChanning
#7re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:35am

Rumor has it that Piazza will extend at the Beaumont through June. Nothing official, yet, though.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

broadway betty
#8re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:37am

*hopes that "rumors are often based on truth" is true here*

chinkie azn jai
#9re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:39am

woah woah woah, Margo, I think you just made my week! If it is indeed true, I actually have a shot at seeing it!

jacco
#10re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 4:22am

It should move to the west End. The National would be an ideal venue. I'm depressed because I will see it next weekend and I've just heard on this board that Victoria Clark will be on holiday. I don't fly trans atlantic for that? I never have luck with Tony winning ladies. Missed Donna Murphy twice. Is this woman alive at all?

Anyway.....has anyone seen Light with Miss. Clark's understudy?

chinkie azn jai
#11re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 12:48pm

*bump* since I'm so excited and all. re: Piazza extends....how much longer?

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#12re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 12:52pm

PLEASE extend! So many people need to see this show, they need more time!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#13re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 12:54pm

Aren't there other things set to go into that theatre? I guess they'd just get pushed back...

A work of art is an invitation to love.

chinkie azn jai
#14re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 12:58pm

Emcee, according to the 2005-06 article in Rob's blog, "Lincoln Center Theater's Tony-winning production of "The Light in the Piazza" has extended through Jan. 1, 2006, and no plans have been announced for the Vivian Beaumont after that."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:01pm

Well, that could be a good sign. YAY! I need to see it again.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

MargoChanning
#16re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:03pm

They purposely didn't book the Beaumont for the Spring just in case this happened (and if business had fallen off and they needed to close it early, they had a show or two waiting in the wings that could have been ready to go on relatively short notice). I know Stoppard's Coast of Utopia plays are supposed to go in there at some point, but I don't think that's until next summer.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#17re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:13pm

I'm so happy this show is doing well. Such a great meeting of book, music, and talent. Kudos to all!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#18re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:16pm

I am so excited this show might extend again!

Jacco, VIctoria's understudy (and whom I presume will perform the role in her absence) is Patti Cohenour, who plays Fabrizzio's mother in the musical. She is fabulous and I have little doubt she makes a wonderful Margaret.

Yorkie1276
#19re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:20pm

I believe that Clark is on vacation this coming week (August 16-21). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'm addicted to this show. I'm at work right now with the OBCR blaring through my headphones. It's the only thing getting me through my pathetic 9-5.

J.J. Profile Photo
J.J.
#20re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:48pm

They're planning to extend the show through June. If sales are still doing well, they will extend to an open-ended engagement. It's a big if. Personally, I hope it lasts forever. Well, that's the plan, now we all wait for the official word.

"Mutate or perish."

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#21re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 1:51pm

If it extends to around mid-summer, I will be FOREVER grateful.

This is my signature.

aegeusrocks Profile Photo
aegeusrocks
#22re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:32pm

I'd love for it to extend to mid-summer. Open-ended....Are any new musicals part of those waiting in the wings? Because if there are, I'd love to see those happen soon. It would be wonderful if Piazza could be open-ended, but would the Beaumont really be the best venue out of the LCT's group for that?

bwayprincess14
#23re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:46pm

Oh, I hope it does extend through June! Then I will get a chance to actually see it! I got the cast recording about a month ago, and I swear, that is ALL that has been playing in my CD player! I was so upset when I thought that I'd never get to see it...but now...! This has been a good day in musical news for me :) (this, Princess Bride, I got my Les Mis tickets for Toronto...)

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#24re: Piazza extends....how much longer?
Posted: 8/13/05 at 8:00am

Ahhh, Patti Cohenour. She'll always be Rosa Bud from THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD to me! I could listen to her sing "Moonfall" all day! ::Rushes to CD player to play...DRROD::

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

Videos