RENT Blog update!!

AmandaJ
#0RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 12:32pm

Hadn't seen this posted yet, but Tracie Thoms answers questions today....

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/rent/blog/

Getting close....can't wait for the movie to finally be released!!

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#1re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 12:55pm

Loving her!!!

Rentaholic2
#2re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 1:10pm

I heart Tracie Thoms

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 1:24pm

They have updated colored headshots, too. Adam's is odd -- what's with the movie promo photography not capturing how beautiful he is?

Anyway, yay Tracie! I met her at the Flea Market, and she was lovely!

This is my favorite part:
They thank me for my time and my autograph, and then I thank them for wanting my autograph! I'm such a weirdo! I think I might actually make them uncomfortable sometimes with my excitement. I'm so not the cool celebrity-type. I'm supposed to let the fan be excited, not be excited myself.

I love that; it's fantastic, adorable and so full of heart.
I love that what she says feels so *real*.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 10/5/05 at 01:24 PM

kates422
#4re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 1:40pm

I love her! She's so awesome.

Now, if only it would let me submit my comment. It keeps telling me it's inappropriate, when it's far from it! haha!

Beergoggles
#5re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 1:47pm

what down to earth and lovely person she sounds! I think she'll be superb as Joanna... she sounds amazing on the recording!

Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#6re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 2:27pm

i'm so lovin her! she's the sweetest thing. she's so genuine and down to earth. it's great. and also, she's so talented. i'm in awe

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#7re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 7:46pm

She's so cute, I loved all her answers.

"Will you be doing any more live performances? - Neil
I'm sure we will. We just did one in LA at a benefit for Multiple Sclerosis. There are talks of more performances, but I don't know of any specifically yet. We'll keep you guys posted!"

Did anyone know about this??

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#8re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 7:56pm

My friend was at the MS benefit, and did not tell me until a week or two afterwards, because she knows I would have died to go.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#9re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 8:03pm

Tracie is awsome! Seriously, she's so adorable. And I'm really excited about her being part of The Devil Wears Prada movie. I love that book to death and it sounds like a great cast so far so that's something to look foward to in the future.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Mini_Mimi17
#10re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 8:32pm

Tracie is such a cool cat! I cant say how much I love her haha

"You wanna prowl? Be my night owl, well take my hand were gonna howlll...OUT TONIGHT!"-Daphne Rubin Vega the BEST Mimi ever!

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#11re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 8:57pm

"My friend was at the MS benefit, and did not tell me until a week or two afterwards, because she knows I would have died to go."

What did she say about it??? Details, please. Was it the whole cast?

Updated On: 10/5/05 at 08:57 PM

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#12re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 9:08pm

Emcee, I loved that one line too. Seriously, Tracie just keeps giving me more excuses to love her.

Tracie as Elphaba would be interesting. Heh, I just had this weird idea of Idina singing Popular to Tracie, trying to explain how to deal with all the crazy fans.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#13re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 9:12pm

I just love her more and more! She seems like such a doll!

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#14re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 10:27pm

Everytime she opens her mouth, or writes something I always seem to love her some more. Go Tracie! re: RENT Blog update!!

"Tracie as Elphaba would be interesting. Heh, I just had this weird idea of Idina singing Popular to Tracie, trying to explain how to deal with all the crazy fans."

^lmao. I would totally pay to see that.

Broadway_Baby Profile Photo
Broadway_Baby
#15re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 10:29pm

Hugs and kisses to Tracie!

She's thoroughly awesome.

Honey, I don't produce theater. I am theater.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#16re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 10:48pm

From what I could gather (she is not a huge Rent fan) everyone was there but Idina and Taye. She said there were six there, four guys and two girls. The "cute black guy from L&O was there, but no other black guy, and no statuesque brunette." So, I gather it was Taye and Idina missing.

They sang Seasons of Love, What you Own, and I'll Cover you. She said they sounded great.

Because she is not a huge Rent fan, that is about all she could provide.

It was a fundraiser at the Kodak theater in Hollywood.

Updated On: 10/5/05 at 10:48 PM

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#17re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 11:14pm

Thanks for the info!

WickedRose Profile Photo
WickedRose
#18re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/6/05 at 1:53am

I keep trying ot post too and mine says something about suggestive imput...all i'm sayin is that i think Tracie's awesome! She was so totally sweet at the Flea Market and she deserves every bit of what she is getting!

"Why can't you just teach us history, instead of always harping on the past"~ Galinda "Who takes shoes from a dead person?!" ~ Elphaba "And what have you been doing-other than riding around on that filthy old thing?"~Glinda "Well, we can't all come and go by bubble."~Elphaba

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#19re: RENT Blog update!!
Posted: 10/6/05 at 2:26am

Aw, Tracie! I feel like she would be an awesome person to be friends with. Did anyone else watch her in Wonderfalls, the incredibly underrated, ill-fated Fox show?

~Steven

Videos