Taylor Dayne in Aida

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#0Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 10:57pm

i just downloaded "a step too far" sung by her and adam pascal and maya...it was awesome!!! has anyone seen her??? her voice was way stronger than maya's, any pics of taylor in the show???

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 10/17/05 at 10:57 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#1re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 10:59pm

I saw her in it, was pleasantly surprised.

GirlfriendFromCanada
#2re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:01pm

She was the first Amneris I saw, she was okay. I really liked her "I Know the Truth". I ended up prefering Felicia Finley, though.

muscle23ftl
#3re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:05pm

awesome!!! my friend saw her and said she was really good.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

hearthatstrue
#4re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:12pm

I saw her and didn't care for her too much. Her voice got a little irritating, though it's very strong, and I didn't really like her acting choices.

erinrebecca
#5re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:14pm

I didn't enjoy Taylor's Amneris as much as I did Sherie's or Felicia's.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:15pm

Excellent avatar, heartthatstrue.

I... did not see Taylor. I have friends who did, and they quite regretted it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#7re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:19pm

I saw her twice she was great and really nice at the stage door.

hearthatstrue
#8re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:21pm

Thanks, luvtheEmcee. It's a beautiful thing to look at, is it not? (Kind of like your avatar.) Now, to get those three on stage together...

Well, I never regret seeing Aida...ever, but Taylor didn't do it for me. Surprisingly enough, Idina is my favorite Amneris. (Should I just hide under a rock now?)

Updated On: 10/17/05 at 11:21 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#9re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:24pm

mmmm. Raul looks sort of like "see, I can be tall, too! Look!" (Took this picture myself!)

Idina sounded fabulous, I thought.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

hearthatstrue
#10re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:28pm

Haha. I really love that Marc is resting his head on Cheyenne's shoulder. Adorable!

Oh, Idina sounded fantastic. She did some really great things with those songs.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#11re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:45pm

I saw her, and I remember not liking her voice. Her acting was good though.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Elphabuff2 Profile Photo
Elphabuff2
#12re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 12:34am

I dunno' why, but whenever I saw Taylor in AIDA, I kept thinking, "Man, she's short" and kept noticing the very tips of her toes hanging off her sandals. I was 19 and just out of my first year of college. Cut me some slack.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#13re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 12:47am

I didn't like her much, esp. in comparison with Sherie. I thought she had an awkward tempo and rushed her songs, and she had no comedic timing whatsoever. She didn't play up the ditzy card as much as Sherie either, and her delivery of some potentially hilarious bits (like yelling at Radames about having the cartographer draw a map of the female body) fell REALLY flat.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#14re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 1:14am

I didn't like her very much in the role. Her acting was off (as someone else said, she didn't play any of the ditziness), and I didn't enjoy the way she sang her songs. She has a good voice, but I didn't think it was well suited for this show.

This A Step Too Far that's available for download on Limewire happened to be Maya's first performance as Aida (when she was the standby). While she sounds pretty good, she did get a LOT better later on. I know there are wildly different opinions on her performance, but that song, from that performance, is not the best one to judge her on.

muscle23ftl
#15re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:33pm

i think Maya sounded very weak.

hearthatstrue
#16re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:36pm

I thought Maya was fabulous as Aida. Her voice isn't as strong as others, but it worked and she sounded gorgeous. I loved her in the role.

AuditioningWaitress
#17re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:42pm

I really like Taylor Dayne in AIDA...Of course, I also went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

minimel8817 Profile Photo
minimel8817
#18re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:30pm

I saw it with Taylor, Adam and Heather Headly. Now its hard to hold your own with those other two actors, but i remember being pleasantly suprised at how really good Taylor was. After hearing Sherie's voice on the cd, i realized i would have loved to see her, but Taylor was amazing too

Tir Na Nog
#19re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:35pm

Taylor not as powerful as Sherrie, but let's face it, the role of Amneris is not exactly a well written role.

"One difference between poetry and lyrics is that lyrics sort of fade into the background. They fade on the page and live on the stage when set to music". - Stephen Sondheim

muscle23ftl
#20re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:40pm

What!!!??? you can say you dont like Taylor's voice...but i dont think Sherie or ANYONE has a voice that is more powerful than Taylor's. Maybe Anastacia who sounds just like Taylor. And Amneris is well written.

Updated On: 10/18/05 at 05:40 PM

Tir Na Nog
#21re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:45pm

****What!!!??? you can say you dont like Taylor's voice...but i dont think Sherie or ANYONE has a voice that is more powerful than Taylor's. Maybe Anastacia who sounds just like Taylor. And Amneris is well written. ****

I saw AIDA 11 times (I was obsessed with Headley's performance even though the show bites) I saw Taylor like 3 times. She might sound oh so powerful in the studio but she was nothing special on stage. True, Sherie has a bit of a screech to her voice but who said "screeches" can't be powerful? You could certainly hear her. Sherie is also 20 times the actress Taylor is.

"One difference between poetry and lyrics is that lyrics sort of fade into the background. They fade on the page and live on the stage when set to music". - Stephen Sondheim

kate2
#22re: Taylor Dayne in Aida
Posted: 10/18/05 at 6:30pm

no Amneris was better than Sherie! i did like lisa brescia though.

Videos