pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 221

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#5500Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 1/12/22 at 2:17pm

atuomala said: "Received cast signed playbills from Wicked, Clyde’s, Thoughts of a Colored Man, and Mrs. Doubtfire. No donations required."

Damn. I’m still waiting on mine from DOUBTFIRE. Probably won’t be for a while now that it’s on hiatus

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

fosterfan2
#5501Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 1/12/22 at 3:02pm

I sent a fan letter to Katrina Lenk at the Jacobs Theatre,since I probably won't get to see Company. It was mailed almost 6 weeks ago from GA,where I live,but I'm guessing it might take her a while to respond since she has had a broken thumb and probably can't write or sign,at least not much. I hope I hear from her eventually

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#5502Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 1/12/22 at 4:30pm

I used to love getting my Playbills signed but obviously haven't been with everything going on. When people ask for them, what is the process? Is there somewhere to send an e-mail or do I just send a regular letter to the theater? How do i make sure it gets to the right people? Thanks!

fosterfan2
#5503Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 1/12/22 at 8:02pm

Send a letter to the theater with a self-addressed,stamped envelope with postage. If you want something from a particular performer,send it to him/her in care of the theater. If you want something (e.g. a Playbill) signed by the cast,I believe you can send it to the stage manager in care of the theater. Some shows will want a donation to Broadway Cares,or something like that. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong,I'm sure.

quizking101
#5504Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 1/19/22 at 6:53am

A couple days back, I got a signed Playbill from CAROLINE OR CHANGE just after they closed. 

Still waiting on Doubtfire (which I know is now on hiatus), Trouble In Mind (which I know closed, but who knows), North Country, American Utopia, and Company.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#5505Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 1/19/22 at 8:07am

Is anyone here from Canada? If you are, PM me. I have a envelope/postage question.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

quizking101
#5506Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/11/22 at 12:54pm

I heard back from COMPANY today - took about 5 weeks

They included a little slip that said they usually request a donation to BCEFA and provided a little tag to go donate if able to, which I will.

Also, the Playbill was opening night (but not the Sondheim special - I don’t care though. Not picky)

fosterfan2
#5507Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/11/22 at 6:28pm

I sent a fan letter to Katrina Lenk,via the Jacobs theater,10 weeks ago. I enclosed a SASE with postage and I haven't gotten any response. The theater is the only address I have for her and I didn't send a Playbill since I don't live in NYC and haven't been to the show. I (politely) requested an autograph. I've done this with other theater stars and gotten responses in the past. Is she getting more snail mail than usual,since there is no stage-dooring right now? I wrote the letter very carefully and made sure I didn't sound too "gushy" or fawning. Should I try again or just keep waiting? I feel like it's too soon to write again.

The letter didn't come back,so should I assume she received it?

Oops! I forgot I posted something similar a month ago. Sorry. 

Updated On: 2/11/22 at 06:28 PM

AndreyIsntHere Profile Photo
AndreyIsntHere
#5508Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/16/22 at 12:36pm

Does anyone know if Longacre Theatre will be accepting mail during Macbeth's run? I would really like to send a letter to the cast and get a signed playbill (after I see the show, of course!). I know it sounds weird to ask this far in advance but the cast lineup is so amazing and I cannot wait to see them live.

quizking101
#5509Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/16/22 at 1:07pm

I mean, they’ll probably accept mail, but that doesn’t mean they will reply.

With a cast like that, I can’t imagine you wouldn’t have to give to BC/EFA

AndreyIsntHere Profile Photo
AndreyIsntHere
#5510Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/16/22 at 1:25pm

quizking101 said: "I mean, they’ll probably accept mail, but that doesn’t mean they will reply.

With a cast like that, I can’t imagine you wouldn’t have to give to BC/EFA
"

I donate to BC/EFA anyway, so I definitely have no problem with that! I never expect or even particularly want a response to my letters - it just feels kinda selfish to do so. In my opinion, if someone writes a letter to a cast solely hoping for a response, they are writing for the wrong reason. That being said I would definitely be flattered to get a reply, and I do love it when people write back, ha. 

Either way I will definitely come back here and say whether or not I get a response/signed playbill, how long it takes, donation costs, etc. 

SheTalksToBirds
#5511Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 3/31/22 at 1:32pm

I'd love to get my Moulin Rouge playbill signed by at least 1 cast member, especially with the fact we have 4 leaving. Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

How possible is this?

quizking101
#5512Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/19/22 at 8:54pm

Just an update since I’ve seen and sent a lot out since my last post. Here’s what I got back:

CHICAGO - Signed by full cast, including Pam. Took about 9 days.

BIRTHDAY CANDLES - Signed by full cast, including Debra Messing. Took about 7 weeks.

FOR COLORED GIRLS - Signed by full cast, and they wrote little Thank Yous in response to the letter I wrote them. Took about a month.

HANGMEN - Signed by full cast. Took about a month.

incomesabby
#5513Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/8/22 at 10:37pm

Does anyone know where I can find the stage door addresses, as opposed to just the theater address from google maps or something? Specifically looking to send to the Jacobs and the Brooks Atkinson. Any help is appreciated - thanks!!

quizking101
#5514Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/8/22 at 11:00pm

incomesabby said: "Does anyone know where I can find the stage door addresses, as opposed to just the theater address from google maps or something? Specifically looking to send to the Jacobs and the Brooks Atkinson. Any help is appreciated - thanks!!"

For the most part, the stage door address IS the theatre address

incomesabby
#5515Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/8/22 at 11:23pm

quizking101 said: "For the most part, the stage door address IS the theatre address"

Ahh okay got it - thank you! I think I got confused by the Marquis.

Whalers59 Profile Photo
Whalers59
#5516Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/9/22 at 12:04am

Greetings! I have a "Wicked" Playbill from December 2003 when we were lucky enough to see the original company, and I would love to somehow get both Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel to sign it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might do this? I actually have two Playbills from that performance, so if one gets lost, I will always have the other one just in case in safe keeping! Thanks.

quizking101
#5517Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/9/22 at 9:57am

Funny this thread pops up just as I got a new one in the mail from THE MINUTES

Theatre Fan3
#5518Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 12:59pm

Is there a way to upload a photo or a scan?

Updated On: 6/18/22 at 12:59 PM

incomesabby
#5519Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/22 at 6:17pm

Super happy to share this quick update! Got back mail from 2 of the first 3 shows I've ever sent to. Both in just 12 days.

Beetlejuice - went through their heavily promoted stage manager official "signed playbill for $20 donation" route, so was expecting it to go smoothly but still happy to have it back so soon. One note is I donated $50 and asked for two (and put more than enough stamps on my SASE) but only got one back.

Six - got pre-signed April 2022 playbill with the entire cast including alternates, with Joy signing over Anna's spot. 

incomesabby
#5520Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 7/1/22 at 12:01am

received Company back in just 14 days as well. thankful to have gotten the timing right with the closure.

PennClassic Profile Photo
PennClassic
#5521Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 7/2/22 at 5:39pm

Sent letter, photo and self-addressed, stamped envelope to Ruth Negga in care of MACBETH at the Longacre Theatre.  Received the photo which she autographed (personalized to me).  Very pleased, indeed!

Updated On: 5/4/23 at 05:39 PM

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#5522Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 7/2/22 at 8:29pm

For people who have written to/heard back from Company recently, how much of a donation (if any) did you send/is required?

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

quizking101
#5523Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 7/2/22 at 9:59pm

For those who wonder, Funny Girl is asking for a $75 donation for a Playbill

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5524Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 7/2/22 at 11:53pm

quizking101 said: "For those who wonder, Funny Girl is asking for a $75 donation for a Playbill"

That covers Chipotle DoorDash for the cast.  

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!