pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 222

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

incomesabby
#5525Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 7/3/22 at 12:22am

stoptheworld38 said: "For people who have written to/heard back from Company recently, how much of a donation (if any) did you send/is required?"

Sorry this probably isn't super helpful but I did a $100 BC/EFA donation for Company just cause I wanted to donate anyway. Maybe that helped with getting it back so quickly? No idea and not sure if a minimum donation is required or not.

Rakesh Natarajan
#5526Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 7/3/22 at 12:08pm

stoptheworld38 said: "For people who have written to/heard back from Company recently, how much of a donation (if any) did you send/is required?"

Just a fair warning, I know 2 people that wrote to Company recently (within the past 2 weeks) and they both got letters back saying: “PHONE RINGS, DOOR CHIMES, IN COMES COMPANY.
Thank you for your interest in COMPANY!
Although we typically ask for a donation to BCEFA before sending out Playbills - we currently do not have any signed Playbills available.
Please enjoy this unsigned Playbill for your collection!”

It seems like the last batch of signed playbills sent through the mail may have been the last. 

Doug Giffin Profile Photo
Doug Giffin
#5527Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 7/3/22 at 12:18pm

I got my signed COMPANY Playbill about a week ago -- I'd previously written and they asked for a donation, so I sent a check for $25. Looks like I made it just in time!

I'd love to get FUNNY GIRL, as I just saw it last week, but $75 might be too pricey for me.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#5528Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/22 at 12:42am

Whalers59 said: "Greetings! I have a "Wicked" Playbill from December 2003 when we were lucky enough to see the original company, and I would love to somehow get both Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel to sign it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might do this? I actually have two Playbills from that performance, so if one gets lost, I will always have the other one just in case in safe keeping! Thanks."

You should absolutely try to wait until you can see them in person or find a friend who will be seeing them in person. Idina doesn't have an active fanmail address; not sure about Kristin, but she is doing a small concert tour soon that you could perhaps find a fellow fan to help you if you aren't able to attend.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#5529Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/4/22 at 1:43pm

Today I got mail from when I was on vacation and I got two.

First was my BOOK OF MORMON Pride Playbill I mailed out and got back in about two weeks from mailing date signed by most of the main cast (though I could only make out Kim Exum, Cody Strand, and Jacques C. Smith).

The second was a pleasant suprise - I sent out to FLYING OVER SUNSET back when I saw it in November and never heard back from them. Turns out my envelope had insufficient postage (which was weird since I use two stamps going out and coming back usually without an issue), but they remailed it out with the extra postage and it was pleasant surprise as usually this does not happen.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

quizking101
#5530Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/8/22 at 2:41pm

I mailed my Mrs. Doubtfire playbill to Rob McClure at Little Shop and got it back today. Took about 2 weeks (actually 3.5, but I’m counting the time he wasn’t at the theatre because of COVID).

Signed with the “All My Love, Poppet”. 

Made my day

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

spicemonkey
quizking101
#5532Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 9/11/22 at 7:03pm

spicemonkey said:

Very curious to know how can one get a signed window card as they are not collecting for BCEFA atm?

Sorry if this is a little off-topic ot this thread. I felt it would be way more off-topic if I asked in the ITW main thread.
"

The two obvious options are either someone connected to the production was able to obtain one (and are basically exploiting that connection for personal gain), or the entire thing is a forgery. 

I kinda love how they are bragging in their description about how they never stage doored/signed, which, to me, indicates they’re showing their ass a bit that they way they obtained is suspicious.

fosterfan2
#5533Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 9/11/22 at 8:44pm

I received a signed photo from Katrina Lenk in May,while Company was running. It took a long time (5 months),but it was  worth the wait. I'm sure she was extremely busy and I don't know if she has anyone to go through her fan mail or help her with it. But I'm so happy she responded!

quizking101
#5534Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 9/15/22 at 8:28am

Heard back from A STRANGE LOOP after 4 months this past week. Full cast signed playbill.

Also, I got a notice from ITW that cast signed Playbills are $40 and requested through stage management (which, honestly given the cast, is a hell of a bargain).

Stephanie J. Block did just confirm on Twitter today though that folks could leave playbills at the SD for her to sign and I guess return by mail

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#5535Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 9/17/22 at 5:39am

Question:  How much a donation for The Music Man via the Winter Garden?  Sorry, I can't find this exact info in my search.... thanks all!

spicemonkey
#5536Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 9/17/22 at 5:40pm

since they are not singing at the stage door of The Music Man

Has anyone written to Sutton or Hugh with your own Playbill for an autograph? 

jo
#5537Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 9/17/22 at 9:00pm

spicemonkey said: "since they are not singing at the stage door of The Music Man

Has anyone written to Sutton or Hugh with your own Playbill for an autograph?
"

https://twitter.com/TheRealJedimom/status/1571301880390684673?s=20&t=3ji4IIbtqKHzKpdqIpKXkw

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#5538Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 9/17/22 at 9:37pm

I recently sent a fan letter to Julie Benko (Funny Girl).  In the envelope, I included a self addressed stamped postcard.  She responded with a short note and her autograph.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

AngInFL79
#5539Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 11/7/22 at 4:12pm

I have never done this and wondered how one would go about obtaining a signed Playbill prior to seeing the show. I currently have tickets to see Music Man and Strange Loop on their closing weekends in January and was hoping to get a signed Playbills for both.

Any suggestion or tips would be amazing. :) Thanks.

Updated On: 11/7/22 at 04:12 PM

quizking101
#5540Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 11/7/22 at 4:17pm

AngInFL79 said: "I have never done this and wondered how one would go about obtaining a signed Playbill prior to seeing the show. I currently have tickets to see Music Man and Strange Loop on their closing weekends in January and was hoping to get a signed Playbills for both.

Any suggestion or tips would be amazing. :) Thanks.
"

Honestly, good luck. It’s going to be close to impossible. Both are doing BC/EFA collections right now so you could possibly ask someone to buy you one (ASL is only $50), but more likely you will get a note back asking for a donation. 

This is also in tandem with stage dooring being on pause again. 

elaerna
#5541Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 3/13/23 at 10:57am

I'm new to this can you explain what you mean? Like do you put $75 cash in the envelope? Or someone said something about a BCEFA donation? Basically how are you sending them money?

quizking101
#5542Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 3/13/23 at 11:43am

elaerna said: "I'm new to this can you explain what you mean? Like do you put $75 cash in the envelope? Or someone said something about a BCEFA donation? Basically how are you sending them money?"

Either you wrote a check to BCEFA, and indicate that it’s a donation for a particular item, or you can go online and make a donation and mail the receipt to them. Some shows have also had their items put up on the BCEFA eBay page for sale as well.

perfectpenguin
#5543Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 3/13/23 at 11:45am

elaerna said: "I'm new to this can you explain what you mean? Like do you put $75 cash in the envelope? Or someone said something about a BCEFA donation? Basically how are you sending them money?"

Check, money order, or proof of online donation. I normally do #3

quizking101
#5544Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 3/13/23 at 12:32pm

In the meantime, I recently got back Playbills from:

- Pictures from Home (signed by everyone)

- CHICAGO (signed by Jinkx, Charlotte, and others)

- TITANIQUE (signed by all)

- HERCULES (unclear who signed but the cover is nearly filled) - Didn’t know if it would work for Paper Mill but it did!

I sent all of them out on February 24th and they all came back sometime between 3/10 and 3/12 (I was away on vacation)

Pasunepomme Profile Photo
Pasunepomme
#5545Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 3/13/23 at 12:37pm

Nice! Stage dooring has not made a regular return at the Kennedy Center as yet (e.g. the ITW tour has signage up that they are not able to sign or greet fans due to health protocols, likewise the recent Guys and Dolls production), so it's good to hear that one can sometimes get lucky with a mailed request to an off-Broadway theater too. 

quizking101
#5546Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 3/13/23 at 3:26pm

That was actually the first time I ever tried Papermill (which it helps that I live in NJ under 30 minutes away from there).

I'm more inclined to mail Playbills at this point unless I know stagedooring is hit or miss and understandably so. Plus, I've gotten a message or two from performers before who appreciate my letters and also taking safety into consideration when making a request. 

Also, I'm keeping the Post Office alive! 

perfectpenguin
#5547Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/26/23 at 9:44pm

Does anyone know if Prima Facie is accepting mail in donations for signed playbills? If so, how much? I know Jodie Comer does stage door but I’d rather donate for a playbill than risk staying at the stage door and missing my bus.

BwayinVan
#5548Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/6/23 at 12:45pm

I recently stage doored at &Juliet and am trying to figure out who’s signature is who. I know it was signed by Stark Sands, Betsy Wolfe, Justin David Sullivan, Melanie La Barrie, Phillip Arroyo and Ben Jackson Walker but some are hard to read. I couldn’t figure out how to post the picture here but it’s on my Twitter page at the link here https://twitter.com/BwayinVan

I think the top left is Stark, Justin below that and Phillip bottom left but any confirmation and help would be appreciated!

fugueindminor
#5549Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 11:58pm

Has anyone ever sent mail to an actor at a theater for a show they never went to? Is this a thing people do?

I've never done it, but I was just curious. It feels kind of tacky to me to send a request for an autographed playbill without going to see the show, though I suppose it's okay if you're just sending a nice letter of support like "I'm a big fan, wish I could be there!" without asking for something in return.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!