pixeltracker

Rosario Dawson...the weakest link- Page 4

Rosario Dawson...the weakest link

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#75re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:13pm

she won't do it...but i don't say anything bad about her anyways.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#76re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:15pm

anyhow Happy Turkey Day to everyone and i mean EVERYONE-including the haters that hate me- and i love it...i like the attention...so thanks!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#77re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:17pm

oh, honey, we KNOW you like the attention! re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link

I don't hate you, for the record. I just wish you would give more of that sweet Bway fan in your fan photos and less bitchy queen.

And, you would be AMAZED to know who reads this board.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#78re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:24pm

I thought that Dawson was brilliant as Mimi, and it was a great interpretation of the role.

My sister didn't like her because, and I quote, "she didn't buy Rosario as a bad ass". Personally, I don't think Mimi should be a bad ass. Sexy, spirited, and edgy, sure. But, not a bad ass. In fact, I think it makes more sense for Mimi to be a... nice girl. What do you guys think?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#79re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:25pm

yeah he's acutally very do-able.

:: watches this thread get deleted ::

jstabwaybabi Profile Photo
jstabwaybabi
#80re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:25pm

np muscle23ftl! happy thanksgiving all! be safe and eat lots of turkey!!

nobodys perfect...we all have flaws...get over it!
bad choice in wording? maybe so...but no need to get defensive about it. why cant people get along and love eachother christmas eve?

i trust my soul...my only goal is just to be.
Updated On: 11/24/05 at 03:25 PM

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#81re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:28pm

those must be great pills, babi--sharing any? :P

Rosario was in KIDS--that's all the street cred she needs for me. But, she actually DID live in that part of NYC in that time period. She was perfect.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#82re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:31pm

jrb-

Was that to me?

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#83re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:33pm

No--but which part made you think?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#84re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:36pm

this is why i totally <3 jrb.

xoxoxoxo
Marquise

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#85re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:39pm

Right back at you, papi. re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#86re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:39pm

jrb-

Scroll up a tiny bit, and read my (second to) last post. What is your opinion on it?

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#87re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:42pm

I agree with you. Not every smack loving stripper has to be a bad ass. Some can have a heart of gold. :)

But I thought she had the right level of bad ass.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#88re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:43pm

don;t get me wrong. i mean this in a very good way but rosario can get down right ghetto if she needs to. trust me.

muscle23ftl
#89re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:44pm

i think she was a bad ass, but it was good for the role.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#90re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:12pm

OMG I enjoyed Rosario WAAAAY more than I thought I would...she was great!

whole movie was just...wow.

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

joliz Profile Photo
joliz
#91re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:19pm

lol Rosario in King of the Jungle holding a blade to John Leguizamo's neck is truly ghetto. Love it when she gets all badass

Anyway! I just want to point out that I don't understand why muscle continues to label people that disagree with his approach as either "evil" or "haters"

It's a poor choice of words to call anyone a weak link, because it implies that they weren't good on any level and in fact hurt the film when, from what muscle seems to be saying now, is not what was meant at all.

Muscle- notice how quickly you call us haters and evil because you misinterpreted our comments? Now think about how perhaps we could have taken your comments the wrong way and autimatically jumped on you. I still hold by what I said, I loved her in the movie and critics agree she's one ofthe strongest points in the film.

"I love America more than any other country in the world, and exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." - James Baldwin

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#92re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:25pm

that's what i was referring to by his approach. which i re-iterate leaves alot to be desired.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#93re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:26pm

I think Rosario was one of the few good people...i think the best 2 were Rosario and Tracie... the only other good people were Taye, Anthony and William!

I thought the movie on the whole was bad. I found Rosario to be one of the redemming qualities.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#94re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:26pm

He must have nice calves. re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link

Nanette Himmelfarb Profile Photo
Nanette Himmelfarb
#95re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:29pm

I thought rosario was nearly flawless.
Sammy

"...but it was us, baby, who were the lucky ones."

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#96re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:32pm

I always come late to the muscle23 bashing threads. I can't believe someone actually insulted Fr.Laudardale, I'm from Miami so I take offense. I disagree that Rosario was the "weakest link" but she has indeed admitted that she hadn't done theater before like Tracie or the guys from the Original Cast, but I almost doubted my sexual orientation when I got turned on by her "Out Tonight," she was quite amazing.
The movie was brilliant, I wish I could see it tonight again. Definitely will see it when I get back to Gainesville like 10000 times.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#97re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:33pm

It's interesting... Rosario certainly has what it takes to be bad ass. Most of us have seen Sin City and King of the Jungle. I think that making Mimi a bad ass is an obvious and boring choice, so I'm happy that she took a different approach to it. Makes the character more intruiging, if you ask me.
Updated On: 11/24/05 at 04:33 PM

joliz Profile Photo
joliz
#98re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 5:03pm

broadway I agree, I loved that she made Mimi more approachable, especially being best friend with Angel, I would've loved to have seen a scene of them hanging together because you could just feel that bond between them. Mimi just seemed like a character so full of life, you dont' doubt that she could hold her own if needed but she didn't have to showcase how tough she is.

You know who I also enjoyed taking a different approach? Taye. He took out that cockyness Benny has in the show, and it worked because you knew he wasn't being an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole, he was trying to make good with the in-laws. Whereas in the show, Benny is bragging about having been with Mimi, in the movie it was more subtle.

"I love America more than any other country in the world, and exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." - James Baldwin

dramatothemax Profile Photo
dramatothemax
#99re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
Posted: 11/24/05 at 6:50pm

I thought they all did an amazing job. Rosario was great, she had a completely different take on the character and i loved it. it might just be me, but i thought anthony was one of the strongest performers. he's just so cute! And also, im not sure why, but sometimes the voices sounded a little computerized. it might have been the theatre i was at, but who knows! i loved it!!!

Videos