pixeltracker

FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!

FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#0FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:38pm

Is in today's TIME Magazine. Can anyone scan it?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1re: FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:41pm

ALSO - Wednesday on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD they have a huge Dreamgirls segment on the upcoming film.

In the teaser, they showed everyone except Jennifer Hudson in costume and even Jamie Foxx dancing from what looks like rehearsal footage of "Steppin To The Bad Side"!!!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#2re: FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:58pm

Damnit. I can't wait for this film!

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#3re: FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:58pm

scan . . . . Scan . . . . SCAN!!!!!!!

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Kringas
#4re: FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:59pm

The thread title is misleading. It's like seeing a thread title that says "Hear Beyonce as Deena..." and then you open it and it says "... when the soundtrack comes out."

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

BwayLeadman
#5re: FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/16/06 at 8:03pm

" The thread title is misleading. It's like seeing a thread title that says "Hear Beyonce as Deena..." and then you open it and it says "... when the soundtrack comes out." "

LMFAO!!!!!!!! LOL

Kringas
#6re: FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/16/06 at 8:17pm

Seriously. The title gets two exclamation points, and we don't even get to see the picture.

Updated On: 1/16/06 at 08:17 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#7re: FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/16/06 at 8:18pm

Sorry to disappoint. Soon as someone buys and scans you'll see it! re: FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!

--Aristotle

Kringas
#8boo
Posted: 1/16/06 at 8:20pm

What right do you have stealin' my dreams?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#9boo
Posted: 1/16/06 at 8:24pm

All you have to do is dream!

--Aristotle

bwayondabrain
#10boo
Posted: 1/16/06 at 8:26pm

like the dreamettes!
right?...

Kringas
#11boo
Posted: 1/16/06 at 9:01pm

"BEYONCE GOES FROM BOOTYLICIOUS TO BOUFFANT

Before casting BEYONCE, center, in his big-screen version of the musical Dreamgirls, director Bill Condon had one worry: "I needed to know she could become a restrained, sedate character," he says. Once the singer proved she could put a clamp on the amps, Condon picked Tony winner ANIKA NONI ROSE, left, and American Idol's JENNIFER HUDSON to fill out the Dreams, a 1960s group loosely based on the Supremes. None of the stars has seen the 1980s musical, but no matter. The dramas that show-biz women endure are timeless."

No pic, though

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#12boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 12:15pm

Anyone scan it yet?boo

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#13boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 12:18pm

Hurry!!! We're all so anxious to see the pic!

GhettoBway Profile Photo
GhettoBway
#14boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 1:32pm

boo

Updated On: 1/17/06 at 01:32 PM

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#15boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 1:46pm

Great picture. I am so excited for this movie

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

TennesseeTwang
#16boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:05pm

I Love the big hair.

And I'm surprised that Anika hasn't seen a production of Dreamgirls seeing as that she herself is a stage star. There seems to be a regional or community theater production of this show going on somewhere in at ALL times.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#17boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 3:49pm

Ooooooh this is gonna be awsome! i'm so glad this show is finally getting the props it derserves! this musical is LEGENDARY and should have won the tony. talk about a revolutionary piece of theater! long overdue.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#18boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 3:54pm

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a very special episode of American Dreams?

PEACE.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#19boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 3:59pm

well why wouldnt they look similar? they are both from the same period. no biggie.

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#20boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 4:49pm

Apparently Entertainment Tonight is going to do a story on the movie tomorrow (weds) night.

I love the pic although I wish they wouldn't focus sooo much on Beyonce, though I love her.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#21boo
Posted: 1/17/06 at 5:19pm

of acourse they are gonna focus on beyonce. ET and the studio probaby want it that way. she's HUGE!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#22FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/17/06 at 5:31pm

uh-oh. here comes the whining!
people here are already getting upset that beyoncé is getting most of the attention.
talk about art imitating life!

"they love you deena! they love youuuuuuu deena! you've got that "air", they know a star is theeeeeere...."

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#23FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/17/06 at 6:54pm

Ahhh...thank you so much! They all look stunning, can't wait for more!

bwayondabrain
#24FIRST PICTURE OF DREAMETTES IN 'DREAMGIRLS' MOVIE MUSICAL!!
Posted: 1/17/06 at 7:06pm

nice pic- jennifer looks nice like that!
so, is that exactly how they'll look in the movie, or was that just a promotional sort of shot?
looks good to me...

Videos