Nicest Broadway Stars?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#200re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 8:39pm

Didn't have time to read the entire board, but the nicest i've met so far is MEGAN HILTY you'd never know she just got done playing the lead! So humble

After meeting Megan several times, she comes right up to me and starts talking. Over the summer, "C is for Company" and I would tell her what show we were seeing that night and she always had her review ready and talked to us about everything. I love her. Great woman. Great performer.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

jsrocks
#201re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 1:31pm

I was in New York on Saturday to see "Rabbit Hole" and I got to meet John Slattery! re: Nicest Broadway Stars? His is my favorite actor and he was so nice and sweet. I made a collage for him with a bunch of pictures from the show and things like that and he was really surprised to get it. He thought it was really cool! re: Nicest Broadway Stars? He posed for picures and then told me I could meet him by the stage door after the play so he could sign my playbills. When he came back out he waved and said hi to me and remembered my name. John is an all around great guy!!!!

"Michael's got a head like a Ping Pong Ball" -The Cast of Sweeney-
Updated On: 3/20/06 at 01:31 PM

#202re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 1:32pm

its me...its MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahahah

#203re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:01pm

but seriously..do they have to be currently starring or could it have been starred in the past??
in that case...its me, its MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! lol!!
AP and BSo will get this..i am wacky!

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#204re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:02pm

hahahahaha

#205re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:03pm

i can always count on you!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#206re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:04pm

May I ask to be in on the joke?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#207re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:09pm

I would say Andrea Rivette is the nicest broadway star. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#208re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:12pm

Bernadette has given me the most wonderful stage door memories everytime I've met her.

#209re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:16pm

i am glad to hear that about bernadette cause when i went to see couple of my friends in AGYG...THEY introduced me and she was very cold to me. maybe she just wasn't in the mood. i love bernadette so i was a little bummed...but she is just a person just like the rest of us!

fachedaluna Profile Photo
fachedaluna
#210re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:32pm

Stephanie J. Block is more than nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's humble and gracious. During her Wicked tour, she'd hurry to clean up so she could greet her fans. I've never seen her just walk away from anyone. She stops to take pictures, sign posters, clothing and sometimes hands and arms (upon request). No matter how tired she might be feeling, SJB will always bring forth that radiant smile and greet you with warmth. There hasn't been anyone like her in a long long time. Stephanie J. Block is a lady of love.
Updated On: 3/20/06 at 05:32 PM

kevinr
#211re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:59pm

On Saturday, March 18th, I met Jill Clayburgh after the Barefoot in the Park matinee. We chatted about her movies, our Stratford Festival in Ontario, among other things. She is one of my all time favourite actresses and to discover what a great person she is to fans was nice to see! Go see Barefoot!

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#212re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 6:13pm

Douglas Sills
Heather Headly
John Lithgow

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#213re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 6:18pm

Hahahahaha

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#214re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 7:28pm

Some standouts: Jennifer Simard Kristin Chenoweth Stephanie D'Abruzzo Jennifer Barnhart Amyee Garcia John Tartaglia Norm Lewis Barrett Foa Jeff Marx Michael West Felicia P. Fields Gary Beach Gavin Creel Kerry Butler Mary Bond Davis John L. Young, David Hyde Pierce, Hugh Jackman.

Harriet Harris is really sweet!

Correction: Two actors were very unfriendly: Julie White. Kevin Spacey. Everyone else has been very nice.

Updated On: 7/5/15 at 07:28 PM

stanton
#215re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 7:37pm

"Cherry Jones", "Judy Kuhn", "Chita Rivera", "Anthony Rapp", "Mandy Patankin", I have seem them in resteraunts and all over and they were always happy to sign anything and take a picture! I am always too shy to ask but I am still kicking myself by not getting "Chita's"

I wish I could sing.

brad3 Profile Photo
brad3
#216re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 7:38pm

I've met sooo many that I couldnt pick "Nice" ones. None of them are really mean?..?!? Updated On: 3/20/06 at 07:38 PM

SweetQintheLights
#217re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 7:53pm

Corine- I was reading your list before seeing that you posted it and I just assumed it was you! haha

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Nanette Himmelfarb Profile Photo
Nanette Himmelfarb
#218re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 9:43pm

the nicest by far are HUGH JACKMAN, adam pascal, jesse l martin, anthony rapp, heather headly, and cherry jones. I've got to say that hugh is the only movie star who was especially nice, and happy to be talking to us...
Sammy

"...but it was us, baby, who were the lucky ones."

SweetQintheLights
#219re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 9:45pm

Nanette Himmelfarb- I love your SN!

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

BSoBW2
#220re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 9:47pm

Oh, great.

Now I have to back up andrew.

As if I didn't have enough tweens to burn, LaChiusa CD's to listen to, and IML to whore!

Ugh!

(Of course, I am joking. Anyone who stays up until 5 am with me is indeed a strange person.)

Over_the_Moon
#221re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 9:51pm

Michael Cerveris, Barrett Foa, Steph D'Abruzzo, Greg Jbara, Manoel Felciano

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

BSoBW2
#222re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 9:55pm

Michael Cerveris was very aologetic when he came out the stage door super late.

I felt bad.

But he is up there for niceness.

ILove Profile Photo
ILove
#223re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/21/06 at 9:00am

Some of the nicest people I have met are the entire cast of Spelling Bee, in particular Celia, Deborah, Derrick and Greg. Also, Megan Hilty is so sweet, I've met her randomly in the city and at the stagedoor and she is always so nice, and Kerry Butler, and Jonathan Rayson.

Blanche Profile Photo
Blanche
#224re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/21/06 at 11:29pm

Oh Andrew...I get it, too. And it is Youuuuuuu!!!!!!!
(and JHW) re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

Videos