Patti Cohenour

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#0Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:48pm

I have the option of seeing Piazza on a day when Patti is Margaret, and it would be easier to see it that day, but I can see Victoria too. I've already seen Victoria but I would love to see her again. Which one should I go for?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:52pm

Since you've already seen Victoria, go see Patti (and let me know how she is re: Patti Cohenour).

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#2re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:53pm

Patti! We need reviews! But also I have heard she's great and see someone new.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#3re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:54pm

Holy moles! I have never heard of this lady before, and we have the same last name! I wonder if we are related....

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#4re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:00pm

Freaky. o.O

She's really good as Signora Naccarelli. I want to see her as margaret now.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#6re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:15pm

I saw her this past weekend. It was my first time, so I really can't compare her performance to someone else's. She was good. Her accent was a bit off at times, but I have a sensitivity to that, so I'm probably one of the few people who was bothered by it.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 3/1/06 at 07:15 PM

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#7re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:23pm

orange- sorrry threadjack, but I was just listening to that lyric as I read your signiture....weird

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Attendthetale331
#8re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:38pm

I saw it with Patti, she was amazing.

"Listen to the song that I sing and trust me..."

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#9re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:51pm

PATTI. IS. AMAZING.

I saw her in the show just before Matt Morrison left, when Kelli was still in the show. I was not at ALL unhappy that I didn't see Victoria because I just loved her. She's got an absolutely fabulous voice. I met her after the show at the stage door and she was the one person who wanted to talk with us the most. I've even emailed her and she kindly emailed me back! SHE'S AWESOME!! =)

Tir Na Nog
#10re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:57pm

I saw Patti. She is great!! Victoria is more regal (she is taller) but Patti was very good.

"One difference between poetry and lyrics is that lyrics sort of fade into the background. They fade on the page and live on the stage when set to music". - Stephen Sondheim

andyf
#11re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 8:54pm

Patti is amazing.

I went to the show for the first time in three months last week. It was my first time seeing Katie Clarke as Clara, so I was excited to see how she was. When I found out Victoria was out I was going to try to see if I could exchange my ticket and go back another night, but I am SO glad I stayed.

Seeing Patti was a completely different experience, and, for me at least, an even better one than seeing Victoria. Don't get me wrong, Victoria is great, but Patti moved me more than Victoria ever has. If you have the chance to see her, especially if you've already seen Victoria, give Patti a shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

On top of all of that, her voice is still as amazing as it's always been. Her G's were spectacular.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]
Updated On: 3/1/06 at 08:54 PM

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#12re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/1/06 at 11:44pm

I saw Patti and absolutely adored her and her take on the role of Margaret.
See her if you've already seen Victoria. It's worth it.

Composer9 Profile Photo
Composer9
#13re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/2/06 at 12:16am

Patti is brilliant as Margaret. I've seen her twice in the role, and she is wonderful. I completely recommend that you see her. She plays the role a bit differently than Vicki...I can't quite put it into words...maybe a bit more elegant...not as gritty and vulnerable, IMO.

The key to the mystery of a great artist is that for reasons unknown, he will give away his energies and his life just to make sure that one note follows another... and leaves us with the feeling that something is right in the world. ~Leonard Bernstein~

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#14re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/2/06 at 6:28am

I have yet to see Patti as Margaret, but judging from her brilliant past performances (Mimi in LA BOHEME at the Public; Rosa Bud in DROOD), there's nothing this woman can't do.

*runs off to listen to "Moonfall"*

twogaab2
#15re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/2/06 at 10:28am

She is excellent and plays the role in a very different way than Clark. Where as Clark seems to play the way as southern nouveau riche. Cohenour played her as southern monied gentility. As she keeps within the dirctor's concept, her way of doing it works superbly.

Just my opinion and observations, I may be wrong

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!
Updated On: 3/2/06 at 10:28 AM

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#16re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/2/06 at 10:36am

I saw Patti over the summer, and posted a glorious review. I'm sure i'll be hit with sharp objects for saying this, but I much preferred her performance to Victoria Clark's. I found Clark's accent to be inconsistent and her portrayal to be less controlled than Cohenour's. Thus, Cohenour was moving in ways that Clark didn't touch with me. If you have a chance to see Patti, please take it. :)

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

wexy
#17re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/2/06 at 11:46am

I saw 'Piazza' with Patti and thought she did a great job.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#18re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 3/2/06 at 11:48am

She was GREAT as the Mother Superior in the Sound of Music! Go see Patti!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#19re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 4/13/06 at 6:45pm

Patti does tuesday and wednesdays? i know i asked this before...but i forgot, i want to see her. What days is she doing it?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#20re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 4/13/06 at 6:52pm

You're right. Tuesday and Wednesday evening performances.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#21re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 4/13/06 at 6:53pm

Sharin' the "Patti" love here, and sending it back. One of my favorite musical theatre sopranos EVER.

**runs off to play "Moonfall" too!**

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

WithoutATrace
#22re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 4/13/06 at 7:00pm

I wish I could have seen her as the lead in A Doll's Life...Encores maybe, or is she too old now?

andyf
#23re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 4/13/06 at 7:01pm

Please, it's all about "Rosa's Confession."

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#24re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 4/13/06 at 7:03pm

WOT, does Patti do matinees on Wednesdays?
im planning my trip to NYC as you can tell, hehe.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 4/13/06 at 07:03 PM

WithoutATrace
#25re: Patti Cohenour
Posted: 4/13/06 at 7:06pm

Nope. Victoria does the Wednesday matinees. If you want to see Patti, go on Tuesday or Wednesday night.