pixeltracker

Another Wedding Singer Song Question!

Another Wedding Singer Song Question!

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#0Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 7:06pm

I've found another great song on the soundtrack and it's "Right In Front of Your Eyes". Could someone explain to me the song... like where Holly is singing it at and the whole instrument part (is it a dance number?).

Thanks!

OH_so_TRENDYxx Profile Photo
OH_so_TRENDYxx
#1re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 7:17pm

part of it is a dance number...

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#2re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 7:29pm

Holly is singing it at work after just running into Sammy, the instrumentals/ dance portion is a dream sequence where she is alternatly dancing with the group of eligible men she meets at work each day and watching Sammy's ridiculous attempts at dancing and living up to their standards, which she ultimatly finds irresistable...

It's on the cast recording, not the soundtrack...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#3re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 8:30pm

wait... why don't you just see the show? then you'd get all the songs, no?

Bwaybaby109
#4re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 8:50pm

i'm not trying to be rude but some people don't live in New York. i may be wrong and she probably does but there's still no need to be rude...she asked a harmless question

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#5re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 8:57pm

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST RECORDING not soundtrack.

goldenstate5
#6re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:09pm

Yeah, what's up with that? Does Holly and Sammy get together during this number...

...because Sammy singing "Single" doesn't make sense afterwards...

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#7re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:11pm

No, they don't. Holly realizes that she does still like Sammy, though.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

#8re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:52pm

"wait... why don't you just see the show? then you'd get all the songs, no?"

Not every fan of country music lives in Nashville, not every film fantatic lives in Los Angeles and believe it or not, not every musical theater fan lives in New York. Make sense, no?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#9re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:56pm

Well said, KuhnKrazy.

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#10re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:01pm

i wasn't trying to be rude. I was simply asking. How was I supposed to know they don't live in NY. excuse my incorrect generalization, but there was no need to be rude to ME about it.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#11re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:03pm

The over-praise of this show on here baffles me.

FoscasBohemianDream
#12re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:12pm

BobbyBubby I couldn't support you more on this one. The show is a two-hour long, expensive headache.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#13re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:16pm

I loves ya Fosca. I tried to give it a 2nd chance with the CD, but it gives me a migraine, and no, I'm no trying to be a smart ass...I literally got a splitting migraine trying to listen to the cd. Those orchestrations are awful. I'll listen to my 80's cd's instead. That show has nothing to do with what 80's music is really about.

SporkGoddess
#14re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:16pm

Thanks! I wanted to know that as well (I am faaaaar from NYC and have never even seen a show on Broadway, so...)

Actually, there was something I was wondering if you don't mind me hijacking your thread: during the scene where Robbie's going to confess to Julia and she's at her window in her wedding dress, etc., does the scene play out like in the movie, where she's pretending she just got married to him and not Glenn, and he can't do it because she looks too happy? The synopsis says it's because he's afraid of rejection, which threw me off.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#15re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:18pm

Why don't you write to the iTunes people or whoever controls this...the CD is categorized in "Soundtracks" despite it being a cast recording or soundtrack.

EDIT: Although I did like the music and the show, the orchestrations were really loud...I jumped when the show started and after intermission.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 6/14/06 at 10:18 PM

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#16re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:22pm

Yep, SporkGoddess. That's what happens.

SporkGoddess
#17re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:34pm

Thanks so much! I was hoping they'd keep that setup because it's just such a moving scene in the movie... but you never know.

FabalaYero85
#18re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:44pm

and its a moving song. If I Told You is amazing. one of my favorite songs in the show.

hmm...

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#19re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:48pm

SO if itunes calls it a Soundtrack, we all should? I didn't realize itunes now specializes in Musical Theatre.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#20re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:53pm

They label everything soundtrack. It pisses me off, I go through every song and change it.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#21re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 11:08pm

itunes also labels the beauty and the beastobcr as "children's" and lists the artists for all tracks as disney

-end of random note-

on the subject of the show i must say i tremendously enjoy the songs and secretly hoped it could take best score.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

SporkGoddess
#22re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 11:08pm

FabalaYero85: Yes, "If I Told You" is probably my favorite song from it. The Talkin' Broadway reviewer said it was the best song in the show as well. re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#23re: Another Wedding Singer Song Question!
Posted: 6/14/06 at 11:09pm

You can just highlight multiple songs, and change all the info at once instead of having to do it individually.

And if you go into any store, they always mix all the soundtracks and cast recordings together...not all the people here are "experts" and can easily get confused.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos