pixeltracker

Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie

Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie

badrice_15
#0Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 5:05pm

MY anticipation for this movie grows less and less with the casting decisions.
Zac Efron playing Link confirmed on Broadway.com

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 5:07pm

Search. bye.

badrice_15
#2re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 5:09pm

sorry... i searched and didn't see the other thread. geez.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 5:22pm

I don't think he is right for the role. I don't know. He seems way too young. I think Link should look a little more mature. Like Matt Morrison or Richard Blake. But i know im biased.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

NathanLaneStalker
#4re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 5:25pm

Richard Blake is too old for the movie. Matthew Morison isn`t. He did Once Upon A Mattress movie ! He was great in that!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

StageGuy99 Profile Photo
StageGuy99
#5re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 5:36pm

I posted it on the last thread, which is still on middle of the main page and I'll post it again on this one!

STOP THE MADNESS!!! It's happened friends, nothing you say will change it! Let's move on and stop posting about how it's the end of the world, it's not!

Wait till next summer than you can all complain again about how horrid he is and how he ruined the move, the musical, or theatre in general if you want, but not until you've seen it!

Now let's all take a deep breath and go back to raiting the musical above us or that ALW is boring or dumb things you heard dumb people say while in NYC!

"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but it is also the return of art to life." -Oscar Wilde

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 6:49pm

You know, sometimes I do a search and the right threads don't come up. Or this person could've made an honest mistake. Instead of being so rude about it, since you know where all the threads are (since there are soooo many), why can't you just direct the poster to one of them?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#7re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 6:53pm

"Matthew Morison isn`t [too old for the movie]"

You're KIDDING me, right? They've cast a tiny little 17 year old girl as Tracy, and you don't think it would look at all dodgy having Matt as her romantic interest? YIKES.

Again and again I swear I'm not going to say anymore on the subject but I can't stop myself:

1) You can't judge him fairly until you've seen him as Link.
2) MARC SHAIMAN said he did a great audition.
3) I think it's actually quite a good choice. XD

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 6:56pm

Can we have a Junior High School board, where all the gushing and teen hormones can exist away from us?

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#9re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 6:58pm

Hell, why don't we just have a "we're pretentious snobs" board where people can bash 'High School Musical' and bitch mightily about the 'Hairspray' movie casting to their hearts content so we don't ALL get bored by the same circular arguments? :P

neddyfrank2
#10re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 7:01pm

Okay...well now that you know there is already a thread on this, then why don't you post on that?

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#11re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 7:03pm

This is some really bad casting, an actor from High School Musical? This movie is going to be a train wreck.

millie_dillmount
#12re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 7:04pm

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 6/26/06 at 07:04 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#13re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 7:05pm

I thought Ashton Kutcher would have made a great Fender.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#14re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 7:16pm

I agree with others and won't bash his performance until I see it to judge it as I think that's fair...however I will say that I'm incredibly dissapointed! Come on...of all the people who came in for the role the BEST of all that you saw was the High School Musical kid?!?! Give me a break. Well, I hope for all of our sakes that he proves us wrong and kicks ass in the role but somehow i really just don't see that happening.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

millie_dillmount
#15re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 7:18pm

Didn't someone say Marc Shaiman knows what he's doing? He's dedicated to Hairspray...if he thought Zac Efron was a good choice, then have a little faith, people. You're judging someone's performance before they even did anything.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#16re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 7:19pm

Will he have a nude scene?

Matt Morrison is like 30 or something.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#17re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 8:01pm

I haven't quite the heart to sift through the old threads (shoulda been in bed an hour ago XD) but this blog here: http://hairspray-movie-musical.blogspot.com/ has Marc Shaiman's reply to the initial outbreak of "oh noes, not Zac Efron!".

In any other situation, the word I'd be looking for would be "pwned".

millie_dillmount
#18re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 8:04pm

From the blog

"And at his audition, he sang (and acted) like a dream. I have no idea about High School Musical, but the boy can sing and sing well. We'd be lucky to have him."

NathanLaneStalker
#19re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 8:32pm

The only reason he got the role is because he`s an ok singer and he was in High School Musical. They think they'll bring in teenagers because of him. They won't. If he auditioned and he wasn't in High School Musical he wouldn't have gotten the part.

He can't lip synch either. Did you see him in the song Get your head in the Game? He screwed up on that song. Go back and watch it!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey
Updated On: 6/26/06 at 08:32 PM

millie_dillmount
#20re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 8:41pm

NathanLaneStalker, if you read what Marc Shaiman wrote, he said he did well in the auditions, but has no idea about him in High School Musical. So I wouldn't say the reason is because he was in High School Musical, depite him being popular among teens.

Besides, this movie is gonna attract a wide range of people. A lot of older people are going to see it for John Travolta and Meryl Streep (she's in it, right?), while the younger crowd will see it for Zac Efron and Brittany Snow.

NathanLaneStalker
#21re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 9:00pm

No, Meryl Streep was rumored. Here`s the cast:

John Travolta .... Edna Turnblad
Queen Latifah .... Motormouth Maybelle
Rowan Atkinson .... Mr. Pinky (rumored)
Nicole Blonsky .... Tracy Turnblad
Amanda Bynes .... Penny Pingleton
Billy Crystal .... Wilbur Turnblad (attached)
Michelle Pfeiffer .... Velma Von Tussle (rumored)
Brittany Snow .... Amber Von Tussle (in negotiations)
Zac Efron .... Link

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#22re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 9:05pm

Broadway.com Confirmed that Zak Efron has been cast. It also mentioned that he did not do all of his singing in the HSM...which is brave of them to mention that, but they did mention that he will be doing all of his Vocals for HAIRSPRAY...will interesting to see Tracy makeout with a guy who still looks 13 (even though he is 1re: Zac Efron playing  Link in hairspray movie

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim
Updated On: 6/26/06 at 09:05 PM

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#23re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 9:08pm

oh please...I really hope Meryl doesn't sink down to this drek...save her for the Sweeney movie!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

broadwaydestined Profile Photo
broadwaydestined
#24re: Zac Efron playing Link in hairspray movie
Posted: 6/26/06 at 10:26pm

why are they trying to force zac efron on the world. hes an annoying little mommas boy. thats my opinion at least

Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long shot.

Videos