pixeltracker

[title of show] is back and wonderful- Page 2

[title of show] is back and wonderful

nomdeplume
#25re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/25/06 at 3:58pm

I got my ticket and I'll see it within the next week.

I missed it the first time around, too, so this is great.

:)

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#26re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/25/06 at 5:47pm

WithoutATrace, I'm glad you loved it! Those celebrities all really recorded those answering machine messages for the show. re: [title of show] is back and wonderful Michael Berresse, who directed the show, had an in with Vicki at PIAZZA and the guys were friends with the others. Those crack me up every time. The Christine Ebersole one is new. I haven't heard that one. Is the Amy Spanger one in there still? The Victoria Clark one is superb.

You guys all need to see this show. It rocks! re: [title of show] is back and wonderful

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 7/25/06 at 05:47 PM

i*heart*fame
#27re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/25/06 at 5:58pm

I'm going tomorrow night! I'm so excited! I too was unable to go during its original run, as I was grounded for all of spring semester, but I'm SO excited!

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#28re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:09pm

I don't know if I'm getting the chance to see it - but I just listened to the CD yesterday on the plane down to Georgia and I actually had to turn it off before I got through the third song because I was laughing so hard.

Very entertaining CD...

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#29re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:25pm

Wanna Be A Foster: No, Amy Spanger's message was not in the show when I saw it this past Saturday. Christine's was so funny...she was talking about how she is so sorry she couldn't do their show because she is committed to Grey Gardens. Then she forgot to hang up the phone and kept talking saying "How did these people even get my number?? Why would they think I would be interested in THEIR show?? Then she caught herself and said "Oh I didn't really mean any of that. If it weren't for Grey Gardens, I would totally do your show. Good luck. Thanks."

What was Amy's message?

Wanna Be A Foster
#30re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:56pm

Ahh! That was the same shtick as Amy's message. Minus the Grey Gardens part. She forgot to hang up and said those same things. I look forward to hearing Christine's version. re: [title of show] is back and wonderful

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#31re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:57pm

Im sorry to bring this up and make myself look cheap and whatnot. But does this show do rush tickets/lottery anything? I am going to the city this weekend and it's either this one or I Love You Your Pefect ect.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

Wanna Be A Foster
#32re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:00pm

Oh for the love of all things good in the world, see this one over I LOVE YOU'RE PERFECT.

[title of show] is a piece of theatrical genius while I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT is a mediocre tourist trap.

If you love theater, see [title of show]. You won't regret it.

-Kad

Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:00 PM

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#33re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:03pm

so here's the key question then if this is better than I Love You.....is their a rush/lottery on this? I didn't check the numbers yet but it would be crowded for this one right?

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#34re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:05pm

Just curious as to why the show is only running until September 9th. I hope I get to see it before then.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Wanna Be A Foster
#35re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:34pm

We're talking about apples vs. oranges here:

I LOVE YOU YOU'RE PERFECT is a commercial open-ended Off-Broadway production.

[title of show] is a limited run produced by a non-profit (The Vineyard Theatre) as part of their season.

-Kad

Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:34 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#36re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:52pm

RUSH POLICY for this run of [tos]:

Two hours before every show, student rush seats will be sold for $30. I believe they sell whatever seats are left at this point.

Good luck!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#37re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 4:34pm

I'll go see it with you...

MissNY
#38re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 4:57pm

rush was only $20 during the first run

wexy
#39re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:52pm

Its on tdf and I want to go again.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#40re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/26/06 at 9:00pm

"We do know that some of their wishes have been fulfilled. The cast members won an Obie Award and they did meet NY1's Roma Torre, but the ultimate last stop on this train would be the Great White Way. If they do make it there, you can expect to see last-minute rewrites to the show" --NY1

Do you think it has a shot on Broadway? I think its far too small of a show and is well suited in its enviroment.

#41re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/28/06 at 8:19pm

SO I just chatted with a friend at the theatre and...

There is a student rush 2 hours before for $30!

It has been spotted at the TKTS booth lately.

AND

They are now taking volunteers to be ushers for the show!! Apparently you just need to email the Company manager at skeappock@martianentertainment.com to request a slot.

PS--The limited run is not a "non-profit run". It is at the Vineyard Theatre still and the theatre is a producer but it is a commercial run headed by Kevin McCollum (of RENT and DC fame).

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#42re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/28/06 at 8:23pm

so glad to hear that people are loving the show! It has been playing in my car for a while now and I keep falling more and more in love with it. I can only imagine seeing it!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

bluemangirl Profile Photo
bluemangirl
#43re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/31/06 at 2:41pm

Hi all you bwayworld [tos]sers,

I'm actually looking for an usher or two for tonight's performance (8:00pm). The one I had scheduled called out sick. So if you'd like to enjoy this fantastic show for the small price of 20 minutes of tearing tickets and handing out programs, PM me and I will arrange it. First come, first serve, but we have plenty of availability throughout the run, so ask away!

Thanks in advance!

[title of show] at the Vineyard Theatre through September 9. Visit ticketcentral.com for tickets!

"Dreams, I've lived within my dreams now it seems I've awakened and they're real, pinch and feel. If one day I walk upon this stage from these wings and play underneath this dome, and if I sing with all my heart, I'll be home"

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#44re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/31/06 at 2:47pm

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE [title of show]! this is the best show EVER! i'm probably gonna see it again before the end of August

eve harrington2
#45re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/31/06 at 2:56pm

Hilarious show, I loved it..Hunter Bell is my new hero.

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#46re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/31/06 at 3:01pm

Is Sutton's message in the 'new' show?

(the tossers mentioned she had recorded it when they were at Steh's Chatterbox a while ago, and it was VERY funny)

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Buddy Kiss Profile Photo
Buddy Kiss
#47re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/31/06 at 4:50pm

Oh.

My.

God.

I JUST finished listening to the cd for the first time.

If you haven't heard it yet or seen the show, get the cd NOW. This is a show for artists of any kind. The songs are SO funny and intimate and personal... I really can't say enough about it. I'm so blown away, I'm not even coherent.

To the writers of this show: THANK YOU for writing such an amazing work.

Oooook rant over.

Just had to get that out of me.

The End

"Wickedness is a term invented by society to account for the curious attractivness of others." -Oscar Wilde

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#48re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
Posted: 7/31/06 at 5:23pm

I loved it! I've got to buy the CD...perhaps I will today when I'm in the city...
When I went there was some problem with TDF. They had my name on a list, but no actual ticket. Which meant I didn't have an assigned seat (but that didn't really matter in the small vineyard theatre). What does make me sad is that I didn't get a ticket to keep in my ticket and playbill box. re: [title of show] is back and wonderful