pixeltracker

You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...- Page 5

You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...

WhenURScrap Profile Photo
WhenURScrap
#100re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:47am

"Really, I never knew that song was in Avenue Q! Wow, how surprised am I??

(P.S. It's called "For Now". Look it up.)"

You know you're a Broadway musical fan when you rudely correct someone when they get the name of a song wrong.

gertiecummings Profile Photo
gertiecummings
#101re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/27/06 at 4:26am

When you hear someone's Billy Joel CD and ask if it's Movin' Out (I've done that about three times to the same friend.)

When you can't contain yourself in your Musical Theatre Dramatists class

When you blast Rent because your acting profs think you suck

When Hey Mr. Producer would be your dream concert experience

You hold your arms ala Eva Peron and pretend your on the balcony when listening to Evita

Updated On: 7/27/06 at 04:26 AM

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#102re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/27/06 at 7:05am

hey cole, I think you can either get those ringtones from the wicked website which I believe sells them and if they are not available there anymore, ask the guys at the cingular booth because I am pretty sure the ringtones on these went pretty mainstream. PS I LOVE WICKED ALSO. I had 45 seconds from the insane portion of Defying Gravity as my ringtone forever.

also got another one:

Get into a fight with my boyfriend and I started singing the "Last 5 Years" - I'm still hurting song" in his face...pretty classic. He's like seriously, stop it!

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

ashley0139
#103re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:25pm

When you can name the understudies for un-popular shows but still haven't heard of many popular bands in the pop world.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

bwaymizfit
#104re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:19pm

Amen Ashley!
I have exactly the same problem...I'm pop culture challenged!

Oh well,
Cheers!

singinswinga Profile Photo
singinswinga
#105re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:26pm

When you don't think that everyone who's posted thus far really knows what they're talking about.

I know this groc'ry clerk...

ashley0139
#106re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/27/06 at 6:37pm

- You accuse someone of lying and when they ask "Why would I lie?" you say "Look, everyone lies." and continue with "they just wanna get outta here" and finish the song.

-You can correctly spell boanthropy, acouchi, dengue, chimerical, and any other words found in the Bee.

EDITED for spelling. That would be just like me to spell one of the words in Spelling Bee wrong. Oh, the irony.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife
Updated On: 7/31/06 at 06:37 PM

JustABroadwaybaby2
#107re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/31/06 at 5:31pm

When you talk so much about one actor/actress that everyone thinks you are madly in love with them.
I think a bunch of us on this board are "guilty."
Edit: Ashley- did you mean "Boanthropy?"

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!
Updated On: 7/31/06 at 05:31 PM

Mills
#108re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/31/06 at 7:59pm

When you're watching Deal Or No Deal and when Noel Edmunds (the host of the game in England) asks if a contestant is lucky you immediately start singing 'Lucky's what I am...'

SweMozArt
#109re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/31/06 at 8:07pm

Hm .. is it when you post messages on this forum, or is it enough to comment on some messages. Or is it even enough to visit this homepage - probably.

newyorkrbust
#110re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/31/06 at 8:25pm

*When Maya Angelou is mentioned in English class, "La Vie Boheme" instantly starts playing in your head.

* You have listened to the Rent cd so much your 11 year old brother knows every word to "Today 4 U"

*You become so obsessed with a show your mother threatens to take it away.

*You have more than 5 broadway websites bookmarked.

*When listening to a song from your favorite broadway show, you can instanly tell who sings what part, what the characters full name is, and what the actors full name is.

It really said US Navy, but hey, I worked with what they gave me ok.

bwaymizfit
#111re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 7/31/06 at 11:28pm

When you see the following commericial on TV...

A girl in a spelling bee starts to spell aardvark, ard..., but because she ate breakfast (and is SUPER cool :-P), she starts over with two As and proceeds to the spell the word correctly...

you sing in your most annoying ...Spelling Bee voice,

"Once you start to spell a word you may start over, but the sequences of letters already spoken may not be changed!"

ShoshanaFan92 Profile Photo
ShoshanaFan92
#112re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:39am

omg!! me and my friend were just talking about that!

"..but really who am I if i'm not who I am? So I threw up my hands and said f*** it! If I can't fit into your mold I'm gunna break it and make a new one." -shoshana bean

ShoshanaFan92 Profile Photo
ShoshanaFan92
#113re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:42am

you know you're a broadway musical fan when you start singing spelling bee every time you say good-bye

"..but really who am I if i'm not who I am? So I threw up my hands and said f*** it! If I can't fit into your mold I'm gunna break it and make a new one." -shoshana bean

beyondthebreakofday Profile Photo
beyondthebreakofday
#114re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:45am

bwaymizfit- I can't believe you just posted that! I get so angry every time I see that commercial.

Some others:
When you're taking a test you have to sing assassins in your head to determine which president was killed/shot at by which character.

When you walk into any coffee shop, etc. and are tempted to buy decaffeinated tea just because it's there(TTB)

When you're in a room with a really old mail slot that has been dismantled and is now only a small rectangular hole in the door, you look through it and wait for someone to walk by before saying: "In here, life iz beautiful. Sie girlz are beautiful. Even sie orchestra is beautiful."

ashley0139
#115re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/1/06 at 8:11am

A girl in a spelling bee starts to spell aardvark, ard..., but because she ate breakfast (and is SUPER cool :-P), she starts over with two As and proceeds to the spell the word correctly...

"Once you start to spell a word you may start over, but the sequences of letters already spoken may not be changed!"

EVERY SINGLE TIME. That commercial annoys me to no end. Everyone around me's like yeah, yeah. We know they're wrong.

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#116re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/1/06 at 8:29am

when you spend 5 1/2 hours waiting for rush seats to Jersey Boys and you find out your the cutt off for seats, and you have to STAND FOR 2 HOURS! This sucked! And then to find out that the OBC for Frankie and Nikki are not in the show once you get the playbill....

OUCH!

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

moowithme111105 Profile Photo
moowithme111105
#117re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/5/06 at 4:02pm

You know you are a true Broadway fan when you're Furbey has heard you play your showtunes all the time he can sing part of "One Day More" and "Seasons of Love."

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#118re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/5/06 at 4:25pm

I paused it on Tivo, went into my mom's office, and went off on a huge rant about commercials and spelling bees and suspension of disbelief and how stupid the whole thing was. My mother just stared at me and said "...go away.... please..."

What do I win?

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#119re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/16/06 at 1:30pm

--- You speak with an Angel Wilson and begin to hum TODAY 4 U re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 8/16/06 at 01:30 PM

Duckie93
#120re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/16/06 at 3:28pm

you know your a fan when in the middle of lit. in the middle when your teacher is reading out lound to the class and you start reciting random quotes and by the end you look down and your standing on the table. ( yeah i did that i got the weardest look form my lit. teach lol)

2008 Pirandello Players of SBHS present "Damn Yankees"
Updated On: 8/16/06 at 03:28 PM

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#121re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/16/06 at 4:08pm

When you do a Performance Art piece where you go up to people and stick a nametag on them that says "Who Am I" with a number, and you make sure you give someone who doesn't get it 24601.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#122re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/16/06 at 4:13pm

when you get vocabulary for school and you see what words you already know from broadway lyrics. aka.chimerical from spelling bee

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

NYnativeinLA
#123re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/16/06 at 4:34pm

You have 15,717 show tunes on your iPod.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#124re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
Posted: 8/16/06 at 4:52pm

hahaha soo true!

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/