pixeltracker

BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!- Page 2

BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!

smashingasian
#25re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:07pm

5:45! Wow is all I can say, now i totally get why you must have been tired.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#26re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:13pm

Seeing as how the show is virtually sold out and student rush is the only way to get in last minute, it doesn't surprise me that the line is getting more and more out of hand. I wonder if they won't consider dumping it and just doing a lottery. Theatre owners actually don't want teenagers camping out outside of their doorstep.

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#27re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:27pm

same thing happened to me. well, similiar. waited in line for 5 hours or so. a guy from the box office actually came out to count how many ppl were in line and how many tickets everyone wanted so he could turn away anyone they didn't have tickets for. he told me i had the last two.

5 hours later, i get to the box office... he says "oh, im sorry. we counted wrong. no more tickets."

just awesome. that's what i like to hear after waiting outside in the heat for 5 hours and wasting my entire day.

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#28re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:37pm

my favorite part of the whole thing: sit on my butt outside the theatre for over 5 hours, then I get standing room for 2 1/2 hours - did I mention i drove 3 1/2 hours just to get to NYC that day!! LOVE IT!

However, its worth sitting out there. I remember when I was rushing the RENT tickets when they went on sale for 20 bucks: I was freezing my butt off for 4 hours outside. It's not wasting my time: it all builds up to a great story.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#29re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:16pm

Every time I've done rush, they've let people wait in the lobby... Are they not allowing that anymore?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#30re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:20pm

not at this theatre we weren't. What really made me mad was that during intermission when we were crouching on the ground because we were so tired from standing, the usher yelled at us. It was insane.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

worrell4077
#31re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:39pm

They let me, my sister, and my mom stand in the lobby to wait when we went for a Wednesday in April, but of course the box office had just opened too. In my opinion, it's easier to rush it on a weekday like a Wednesday matinee when school's are in session and people are at work cause when I went in April, I got to the theatre at around 9:30 and there was virtually no one there.

I'm going again on the 23rd and my sister is having us all get up at like around 4am, so that we can be in like around 7am, so I'm actually going to be getting up at like 3:40am.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 3:33pm

Not sure if this has been asked or not, but how many tickets can you get per student ID?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#33re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 3:36pm

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#34re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 3:48pm

Sooooo... wait. Did I miss a memo here? Student Rush tickets are no longer seated? They're standing? Did they just condense SRO and Student Rush in to the same thing? God, that's awful if true. They've been playing around with Student Rush since day one and now they might as well just eliminate it. That would seem the next step to me. re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#35re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 3:51pm

There are 12 student rush tickets (6 in the front of the left orchestra, 6 in the front of the right orchestra, i believe). After those 12 seats are gone, there are also 10 SRO tickets left. So 22 tickets per performance are sold at $26.25...totally worth it too!

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#36re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 3:55pm

Hehe. I know that. Thanks, though. re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH! It's just that the original post made it sound like they were only doing SRO now. Re-reading cleared things up- so it sounds like SRO is filling up just as fast as the 12 standard student tickets. Wow.

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

mrs felciano
#37re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 4:00pm

Wow. Kudos to you guys. I don't think I'd have the patience for that. I live in Massachusetts so we always buy our tickets in advance. By the time the train gets there its only an hour before a show. My best friend is going to NYC next week and was planning on doing Jersey Boys rush. Problem is.. he isn't getting there until about 12..and he wants to see the matinee. Poor thing, he'll be so dissapointed.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#38re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 4:50pm

They don't let you wait inside anymore because it's very hot outside, and too many people coming in and out of the lobby can get it really steamy in there. The box office guy is a very nice one, though.

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#39re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 4:58pm

Actually the guy who comes out to count is also very nice. I told him so this weekend. He was surprised to hear that some of the other people at the box offices are rude to rushers. He is by far one of the nicest...along with the guy from Tarzan.

popular_elphie
#40re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 5:02pm

I really like the guy at JBz. His roommate has seen the show 11 times (he's a sub usher), and when I told him I saw it 10, he said, "You're almost up to him!" He's a very sweet guy.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#41re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 5:17pm

I'm so glad I went before all this madness started. I got to the theatre at 9:30 on New Year's Eve and got the last 2 rush tickets for the matinee, which were the last two tickets, period. I was contemplating going again tomorrow but this thread has changed my mind.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

nomdeplume
#42re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/1/06 at 5:55pm

Makes me realize how lucky I was to nab a standing room ticket on a rainy Thurday night before Tony noms by just stopping by at like 7:30 PM. And I got a great view dead center. you miss a very little happening up above, but really nothing important.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#43re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 1:06pm

It seems student rush tickets are harder to get in the summer, because I tried it for different plays about a month ago, I went to 5 different plays to see if they did student rush, discounts whatever, because my best friend and I wanted to see a play, and someone at Beauty and the Beast box office (saw that play 2 years ago lol) said they don't do student rush during the summer :-/ I guess its just probably harder to get because everyone is on vacation in the city who knows!!

I had no problem in the fall, winter, spring with rush tickets.
I just never tried it in the summer. Now I know haha!

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#44re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 1:43pm

I didn't think Beauty did student rush period...would be awesome if they did in the fall.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#45re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 1:45pm

OK..got a question or 2.

1. If I try for rush and don't get it...are the people in the rush line able to also be in line for SRO and cancellations?

2. Are you able to see the performers on the balcony from the SRO locations? As I recall, the mezz hangs low. I don't care about the projections, but would miss seeing the action that takes place up on the platform/balcony.

Thanks!

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

popular_elphie
#46re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 1:47pm

You can be in line after the cut off for SRO. The box office guy comes out and counts to make sure that you're not waiting for tix you aren't going to get. Cancellations is a different line.

You can't see the performers when they go up on the second level, but you can see them fine if you crouch down a bit. It really doesn't take away any of your experience.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#47re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:12pm

With all due respect to those fans who have waited in line to see the show multiple times, I am totally in favor of the "once a month rule" that some theatres have enforced in the past with their rush tickets. When rush tickets are so in demand, it's hardly fair when some students are rushing two/three times a week.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#48re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:16pm

Does anyone know if that scarey fan of the show (the lady who writes her name on a piece of paper, then leaves, and returns to say she's at the head of the line because she wrote her name down), still rushes tickets?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

popular_elphie
#49re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 3:27pm

Michael, I think if a person is willing to wait that long for tickets, they should get them, regardless if they have seen the show in a month or not. If a person saw the show and fell in love, but only was in the city for three days, and didn't know when they were coming back, should they be banned from rushing every day? I don't think so. People who wait should get the tickets. In my case, this is six weeks I'm in the city for - I'm not sure when I'll be able to come back (hopefully my birthday), but by no means do I rush two/three times a week...not even every week I've been here.

And Dottie, I've never seen that lady.

Videos