pixeltracker

sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee

sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#0sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 6:55pm

hi my spanish galleons,
do you know where i can find some of Logainne's incredible political monoulouges from spelling bee. sarah saltzberg is sooo amazing i dont know how the show will go on without her.
PLATYPUSES ARE MY BIFFER
this is louis signing out
Updated On: 8/14/06 at 06:55 PM

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#1re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 7:01pm

If you read back through the Spelling Bee love thread, you can find a few of them (none are word-for-word, however.)

They should all be collected in a book. Titled Logainne's Tirades, perhaps?

Sarah is indeed incredible.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 7:08pm

Hey, Sara Inbar's are pretty good, too. :)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#3re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 7:27pm

I love Logainne's/Sarah's little rants. As I mentioned on the Spelling Bee love thread, there should be an anthology along with the other merchandise they sell at the theatre.
Updated On: 8/14/06 at 07:27 PM

bwayondabrain
#4re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 7:36pm

yeah, i love her so much!
last year when i saw the show in october, it was around the time when that woman (i think it was harriet myers) was gonna go into the supreme court, and so when logainne was told she mispelled her word, and was out, sarah was like "That's ridiculous! That's almost as ridiculous as Harriet Myers going into the Supreme Court! I mean, she isnt even a judge!"
:)
that cracked me up...
Sarah, I love you!

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#5re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 8:57pm

I LOVE Sarah Saltzberg! She is so hilarious! She has some of the best improv i've ever seen.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#6re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 9:55pm

Her new one is the Lance Bass one which is AWSOME!

SweetQintheLights
#7re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 10:02pm

When I went this past Friday, she said something about Lance Bass and also about Mel Gibson.

Wasn't there one about scientology?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#8re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 10:25pm

Scientology? Good lord, I need details on this one.

Parks
#9re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 10:59pm

Oh my god--Bush's homophobia made the voters for the Academy Awards make Brokeback Mountain lose.

favorite. part. of. the. show. the. end.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#10re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/14/06 at 11:34pm

I love Sarah's speeches, it's always fun to hear what she comes up with. She is very talented and I agree, a book with her monologues would be fantastic!
I'm excited to finally get to see her "Don't Quit Your Night Job" show at Joe's Pub in a few weeks!

bwayondabrain
#11re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/15/06 at 8:56am

"When I went this past Friday, she said something about Lance Bass and also about Mel Gibson.

Wasn't there one about scientology? "

i would love to hear all of those! she can make anything hilarious! :)

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
singingshowgirl
#12re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/15/06 at 9:31am

yeah, when i went last wednesday, she talked about Mel Gibson and George Bush both drinking a lot..

RuprechtJr.
#13re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/15/06 at 9:32am

From off-Broadway:
Jeez, this bee is as well thought out as Bush's budget proposal. At the rate he's going the savings bond won't be worth twenty euros!

eppsdaman
#14re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/15/06 at 9:58am

I just saw the show in Chicago on Saturday (Christine, who plays Logainne, is one of my best high school friends, and was my prom date), and she did something about Mel Gibson, but I don't exactly remember what. I talked to her afterwards, and she says that her, Sarah, and the San Francisco actress all trade material through e-mail, and she admitted that the best stuff always comes from Sarah (not too surprising since she's been in that role throughout the show's development). She also said that the tour is supposed to be a lot more scripted than any of the other productions. I can't imagine a show like Spelling Bee in some of the huge houses that touring shows go to, but we'll have to wait and see.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#15re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/15/06 at 12:22pm

Apparently the Melbourne production NEVER changed Logainne's rant. The show had a limited run, so I guess they didn't have to worry about it becoming untimely, but...how sad!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#16re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/15/06 at 6:15pm

bwayondabrain I saw that one to it was so funny. I also saw one a while back about bush's texas vacation "I mean what are you gonna do in texas for 4 weeks anyway rake dust?" it was soooooo funny. I wish i could here the mel brooks one grrrrr i hate him. there definetly should be a book.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#17re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
Posted: 8/15/06 at 8:11pm

I loved her father's day one.

This is almost as overwhelming as having two fathers on father's day. And I don't know what genius thought of having father's day and gay pride day within a week of eachother. For Father's Gay Pride Week as we like to call it in our family, we netflixed the movie Cinderella Man, and then we relized it wasn't what we thought it was.

Updated On: 8/15/06 at 08:11 PM

Videos