pixeltracker

Wayne Brady to host Fox's "Celebrity Duets"- Page 4

Wayne Brady to host Fox's "Celebrity Duets"

ZONEACE
#75re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/29/06 at 10:30pm

the prize is 100k for charity

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

#76re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/29/06 at 10:46pm

im so pissed they kicked off Jericho!!! He is SO awesome in his metal cover band. He didnt get to sing a song that was well suited for him.

jimnysf
#77re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/29/06 at 11:13pm

THIS IS THE WORST OF ALL THE REALITY SHOWS! I turned it off at 8:11 Pacific Time. Simply dreadful. I giess that some people will watch anything.

re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

erinrebecca
#78re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 9:16am

Colleen, I agree with you. Jai is lightyears ahead of any of the others and he must be wondering what the hell he's doing on that show. The whole premise of the show, that Jai isn't a singer, is ridiculous. He's so talented which could quite possibly be the reason he was cast in a lead role in Rent when he was 18. Interesting how there's no mention of that!

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#79re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 10:15am

Like I said, Lucy Lawless and Jericho are singers! I don't understand what is going on. I think these "game shows" need to be looked at by the FCC again.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#80re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 10:44am

this show was just detestable last night.

did anyone see the cameraman's finger get in the way right when they announced the loser? these production values were horrible. usually I like train wrecks, but this one was much to painful to watch.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

mejusthavingfun
#81re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 10:54am

I did! For a second I thought I was watching the Grammys. Shameful... LOL Lea Thompson once had 'hit' tv show. I just can't understand how that show go pushed forward,, damn and they cancelled Wonderfalls after only 6 episodes.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#82re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 10:57am

"I just wanna hear him say "WHO DAT DOG!" {Kathy Griffin is genius}"

Someone agrees! re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'

JohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
#83re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 11:16am

I didn't like Jai's voice, at all. Although, he can sing, I just don't like the sound of it. The best singer, imo, is Alfonso. There's some depth and character to his voice, at least. I don't think they ever implied that these people didn't sing, just that they aren't primarily known for it.

mejusthavingfun
#84re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 11:20am

He's way to femmy for duets with women. It's just plain strange.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#85re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 11:34am

My mom said him acting straight confused her. And made her uncomfortable.

To me, Jai and Hal are the only reasons to watch this show. I adore Hal's band; they're fantastic. And Jai is lightyears ahead because he was on Broadway before he did anything else. The other people had jobs first and then went to Broadway, Jai started on Broadway.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#86re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 11:50am

I now officially have a crush on Hal Sparks. And I love love love Jai. He will always be my favorite Angel. That being said, I think he is too good for the show since he does have two broadway and one off-broadway shows under his belt.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#87re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:02pm

Jai sang better than Michelle Williams. She sounded bad!!! The gymnast needed to go before Jericho. Jericho had a lot of presence on stage and could entertain a crowd. Plus he's HOT!!!
I love how David Foster said to Jai, "well, we know YOU know how to dress." It was funny to see Michelle and Jai all "gay" in rehearsals running around like a queen and his hag, and then they sex it all up for the show. Very cute.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mejusthavingfun
#88re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:06pm

It's a shame the title "The Biggest Loser" is already taken. Every single person attached to this show is garbage. Two-bit hacks that have obviously bottomed out enough to work for scale. I thought Marie Osmond was designing dolls? Is Little Richard out?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#89re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:13pm

I think Marie is still doing Dolls. At least she had her severe eye-lift softened a bit. It's too bad some of those folks can't name themselves as the charity. Maybe Jai (who will most likely win) can name Marie Osmond his charity.

Never before has there been so many opportunities for has-beens to get their mug on TV doing things they are no good at (singing, skating, losing weight, or even existing as shown on Surreal Life). Before reality tv they would just fade away into obscurity.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mejusthavingfun
#90re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:19pm

It's such a pathetic contest too, everyone is being paid to be on there. Jai is a cheater if this is really a game. I don't think anyone with a CD or prior singing experience should have been allowed. Remember when Drew Carrey did Geppetto? I know he was terrible, but really that is the kind of thing I was expecting. Or even Katie Couric.. LOL I guess I just like to complain.

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#91re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:26pm

I thought the show was entertaining and weird at the same time. Little Richards is taking the Paula Abdul happy pills b/c half of what he said was gibberish! Whatever, a loopy judge is always in the mix.

As for the singers, Jai is by far the best, followed by Alfonso. I'm a big Lucy Lawless fan but I think she got screwed by the choice of songs. Also, her partners voices and hers at times seemed like oil & vinegar. I thought it was funny that since Lucy, Jai & Lea all have done Broadway, none of that waas mentioned in their 'bios'. We all know these people can sing (some more than others), so being on Bway shouldn't be a secret.

And yes, I think Jai outshined Michelle Williams by a LOT! To me she has a Janet Jackson voice: weak!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#92re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:31pm

This show is definitely a rip-off of VH1's "But Can They Sing". At least the VH1 show NO ONE could sing and half the fun was watching the stars learn what pitch and tone were and having music explained to them and struggling some. They were eager and enthusiastic. Of course who could forget BAI LING's stunning interpretations. Now that was entertainment.

It still floors me the Lea Thomson was carrying a musical and was even cast in a musical with that sad voice of hers.

mejusthavingfun
#93re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:42pm

LOL! Lea Thompson appearing in anything outside of "Back to the Future" should be classified as a crime against humanity and punished as such. Her NBC show was worse than Cheno's "Kristin," but it ran for a few years. So bizarre. LOL remember when she was the mom in those aweful Dennis the Menace cartoons?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#94re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:55pm

It's also kinda funny when Kristy Swanson is a better skater than an actress and that ain't saying much.

mejusthavingfun
#95re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 2:59pm

Who was that blond girl on the show in the bottom two? She was the only loser I didn't know (kill me now).

LI Larry Profile Photo
LI Larry
#96re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 3:02pm

That was Carly Patterson. She's a gymnast. I think the judges kept her instead of Jericho because with her it was nerves but when Jericho started running around the auditorium and left Frampton stranded there, he signed his death warrent. I knew by the look on Frampton's face.

mejusthavingfun
#97re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 3:08pm

I think it was a bad choice having Wayne Brady host. He should have been a contestant or a judge. It's so confusing. That producer guy is like Star Jones, he never lets us forget he is a producer (she a lawyer). Apparently one that makes terrible decisions.

jimnysf
#98re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 3:09pm

Didn't Marie Osmond have some sort of "accidental" overdose recently? Now I know the reason why. So sad to see her on this. She really was good in "The Sound of Music" and "The King and I". Really. What happened to her?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#99re: Wayne Brady to host Fox's 'Celebrity Duets'
Posted: 8/30/06 at 8:01pm

I didn't watch the show, but Lea was great in Cabaret. The song choices must have been horrible.

I thought Caroline in the City was a funny show. NOTHING is worse then Kristin.