pixeltracker

Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.

Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#0Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 1:30pm

LOS ANGELES -
Julie Andrews, whose film career has ranged from magical nanny in an Oscar-winning performance in "Mary Poppins" to regal queen in "The Princess Diaries," will receive a life achievement award from the
Screen Actors Guild.
ADVERTISEMENT

The honor will be presented at the guild's annual film honors Jan. 28, the union announced Monday.

"Julie Andrews is a woman of great generosity, creativity, courage, elegance and wit. She embodies and transcends the memorable roles she has created," said Alan Rosenberg, the guild's president.

"Julie seems genuinely touched and thrilled to be receiving an award from her fellow actors. I have assured her the honor is ours," he said.

Andrews, 70, won the best actress Oscar with her feature film debut in 1964's "Mary Poppins." She also earned Oscar nominations for the lead role in 1965's "The Sound of Music" and 1982's "Victor/Victoria."

Along with "The Princess Diaries" and its sequel, Andrews' movie credits include "Hawaii," "Torn Curtain" and many films directed by her husband,
Blake Edwards, among them "S.O.B.," "10," "That's Life" and "Darling Lili."

___
Julie Andrews

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#1re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 1:39pm

Well deserved. Extremely deserved. re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.

Love, Miss Britt

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#2re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 1:54pm

well good for her. she definatley deserves it for all her hard effort in film (e.g.sound of music,mary poppins)& theatre (my fair lady).

jimnysf
#3re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 2:00pm

Receive.

"i" before "e" except after "c". re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#4re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 2:29pm

stupid grammar..........

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

EganFan2
#5re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 2:33pm

Bravo, Julie.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 2:38pm

Good for her! I was at this year's Tony Awards with my best friend and we both got goosebumps when she walked onstage. She's a legend.

Just give the world Love.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#7re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 3:03pm

A very-well-deserved honor. re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.

bwayondabrain
#8re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 3:05pm

im suprised she didnt get this earlier
she is great, a legendary performer in my opinion
im happy for her
:)

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#9re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/26/06 at 3:18pm

Perhaps The American Theater Wing shall get some ideas from this long-overdue honor.

Norma D Profile Photo
Norma D
#10re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:18am

That's awesome news--I just LOVE her!!! She's a class act.

Bill's thirty-two. He looks thirty-two. He looked it five years ago, he'll look it twenty years from now. I hate men. --Margo Channing

rose_pearl Profile Photo
rose_pearl
#11re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/28/06 at 12:12pm

It's about friggin time! She's one of my all time favorites.

~*Sara*~

Who would play you in the movie? "Taye Diggs." --Brian d'Arcy James

Maile Profile Photo
Maile
#12re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/28/06 at 12:17pm

Can't believe they took this long. She was a legend 20 years ago!

JasonM12480
#13re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/28/06 at 1:25pm

OmG! DiD u heEr? NoW That JUliEe AndREWS iz geTting this awARd, SHE'z goinG to PLAYe ELPHABA in "WICKED?!" OMG! OMG!

*please take note of sarcasm*

Hats off, Julie! Congrats on a well-deserved honor.

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#14re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award.
Posted: 9/28/06 at 5:05pm

haha very funny re: Julie Andrews to recieve Lifetime Achievement award. although she might make a decent madame morrible...

Videos