pixeltracker

Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!

Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!

Studmuffn520
#1Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 9:14pm

I just saw on her myspace that Antonique Smith is coming back to rent on March 8th! Only for a month though=( i pobably wont get to see her agian but theres always hope. just though someone might be interested =)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 9:16pm

Who's taking over the role after that month?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#2re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 10:08pm

No one knows. Some people are saying possibly Nadia Turner (from American Idol).

Wish Antonique wasn't coming back, but what can you do?

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#3re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 10:10pm

I had heard good things about the girl who is currently in the roll. I was hoping to catch her, oh well.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

#4re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 10:11pm

Jaime? She's wonderful and far superior to Antonique. Her last day is March 4. You still have some time!

Craww
#5re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 10:25pm

Eh. Ok. If they're strict about that one-month-only thing I might still miss her.

outovfashion07
#6re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 10:32pm

Noooooo she was the worst Mimi I have EVER seen, heard. Aghhh. Good thing it's only for a month.

#7re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 10:54pm

If they're strict about that one-month-only thing I might still miss her.

We can only hope.

Then again, her replacement could be infinitely worse, so maybe I shouldn't open my mouth. Updated On: 2/7/07 at 10:54 PM

bklynqt19862
#8re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 11:11pm

I cant wait to see Antonique again!! I absolutely loved her...my favorite Mimi!!!

To The Stage!
#9re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/7/07 at 11:11pm

I probably should catch Jamie in the role sometime soon.

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#10re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 2:02am

I prefer Jaime. Why is it always the people I don't like that stay around forever and the people I love stick to their 6 month contracts?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

brainlessorwise Profile Photo
brainlessorwise
#11re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 2:19am

Hm, I really enjoy Antonique's Mimi. Not trying to engage hurtful comments but I'm interested as to why people don't like her.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#12re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 2:26am

I saw Antonique in early 2006, when Will Chase had returned to play Roger. I didn't dislike her quite as much as some others seem to be expressing; she's not my favorite Mimi, but I remember being satisfied with her performance overall. I think my biggest problem was that I just found her to play the role a bit too innocent and I felt she gave too many of her line readings an unncessarily flirtacious spin. It became distracting, because she gave a very girlish tone to things that didn't seem to need it, IMO.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 2/8/07 at 02:26 AM

RainbowHigh2 Profile Photo
RainbowHigh2
#13re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 10:52am

Wonder what happened to the CD release. That was one helluva send off she got last summer.

She's a sweet girl - I wish her career would take off, though.

Actinggbugg474
#14re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 11:16am

I saw Antonique last February and thought she was incredible. Her voice was amazing, especially on "Out Tonight." I'll admit that I've seen better dancing from other Mimi's, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone top her on "Out Tonight" or "Another Day." even "Without You," a song I usually find incredibly boring, had so much energy and power. I'm glad she's coming back .. I may have to make a trip to see her again.

sidjones09 Profile Photo
sidjones09
#15re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 11:48am

I agree with Actinggbugg. Maybe not the best acting Mimi, but definitely the best singing Mimi I've seen. I thought she was great, and HOT. Did I mention she's HOT!

"If you've got something to say, say it, and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better." - David Mamet

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#16re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 12:19pm

WWMCD?

(What Would MimiChica Do?)

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

javertim
#17re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 3:53pm

When Jay Wilkison and Josh Kobak were Roger, I found Antonique to be a little underwhelming as Mimi. She just didn't have the spark that some others have had. However, when Will Chase came in, I thought she really came alive. Her performance at Will Chase's last was probably the best performance I have ever seen from a Mimi, although she is not my favorite in the role. Then, when Will left and Tim came in, she got even stronger and started adding some really nice riffs to the part.

She definitely has a powerful, well-controlled voice, and she conveys a great sense of character while onstage (she played Mimi very "ghetto" and strong) ... However, I always thought that her acting itself was lacking in some way. She's not a bad actress, really, but just certain things she did would rub me the wrong way. But she made up for all of that in intensity. Her "Another Day" is absolutely out of this world. Wow.

Jaime Lee is kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum. She is an absolutely phenominal actress that captures the essence of who Mimi is. I also think she looks better in the part than Antonique, but I never had any complaints about the latter in this way, either. I just prefer Jaime Lee's look. In my mind, Ms. Kirchner IS Mimi, unlike Antonique who instead impressed me with her rawness and power. Yet, Jaime Lee's downfall is her voice, which is rather uneven and weak. She has an acceptable voice, I think, but I can only imagine how disappointed the people are who catch her on an off night.

I'll be excited to see who they call in next. I wish we could have a blast-from-the-past (Krystem Cummings or Christine Anu anyone?), but it seems they are starting to go the way of super-young Mimis. Either way is fine with me.

Studmuffn520
#18re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 6:17pm

well i love antonique. but i do also like jaime alot. i saw them both but if i had to choose it would be antonique. i think shes the best

christine_c Profile Photo
christine_c
#19re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/8/07 at 11:58pm

Nadia? I always thought she'd make a nice Mimi. Not sure if her voice would be good for it, but you never know...

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#20re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/9/07 at 11:13am

Antonique has an incredible voice . . . my problem with her, as others have said, is her acting. Act I is very good and every song she sings is mesmerizing b/c her voice is so powerful. But Act II . . . well she lost me during Goodbye Love. Her emotions were so over the top . . . she was crying so hard that sound ceased to come out of her mouth at certain points. Her lips would be moving, but no words came out! Yes, it is an emotional part of the show and yes Mimi should be upset. But that upset? It came across as more comical than anything else, in my opinion. I will absolutely buy her cd when it comes out, I will go to any concert or gig or whatever she has locally, and I will even go see her once more as Mimi . . . but I am very happy she is only coming back for a month.

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

SpellRENT777
#21re: Antonique Smith Coming Back To RENT!!!
Posted: 2/9/07 at 3:23pm

love love LOVE Antonique! I am really glad to hear she is coming back! Just another reason to see rent again...
(I agree, her "Out Tonight" is absolutely chill-worthy.)

Videos