Drowsy Chaperone

Elphaba43
#1Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 1:31pm

I'm going to see it on Sunday! Is it good? I've heard mixed reviews about it. What was your favorite song/scene. I'm also going to wait at the backstage door to meet Sutton. Is she nice to her fans? Have any of you guys met her?

I am a bagel on a plateful of onion rolls. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you don't, you're on your own!

parislover87 Profile Photo
parislover87
#2re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 1:35pm

Drowsy is my favorite show I've ever seen... not to build it up for you... My favorite part is "As We Stumble Along"...

Sutton ran into me once when she was on her cellphone... she was supernice then and i can only assume she's nice at stage door if ever she comes out.

It's the music and I'm its hapless victim

Elphaba43
#2re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 1:42pm

Well, I'm going to see it on Sunday, and as you may know there is only one show on Sunday,so I feel I've got a pretty good chance of meeting her? Well, as least I'm hoping so! I love the song "Show Off" and Sutton is just amazing; beautiful and talented! And heck she's related to Hunter!!!

I am a bagel on a plateful of onion rolls. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you don't, you're on your own!

Zeitoujo
#3re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 1:43pm

suttons out this week; sorry to break it to you.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Elphaba43
#4re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 1:50pm

no she's not! is she? besides, I'm seeing it on Sunday, not this week.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 3:13pm

If she's out THIS week, then she might be back Sunday.

Usually she doesn't come out the stage door after matinees, and this may include Sundays. I saw a Sunday performance of Drowsy and she didn't come out.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

#6re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 3:24pm

Sutton doesn't come out of the stagedoor anymore, period.

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#7re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 3:38pm

i saw it on a wednesday at 2 and there wasn't an evening show and the stage door manager said that sutton foster had already left. be quick b/c we got out of there fast and we still missed her. i was sad cause i really wanted to meet her. re: Drowsy Chaperone good luck!

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#8re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 3:38pm

...Sunday is THIS week.

Well in Broadway, a normal show week is Tues- Sun. If someone takes a week off for vacation, they'll miss Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun.

So if in fact she is off, you'll not be seeing her.

Chrismas42 Profile Photo
Chrismas42
#9re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 5:34pm

Yeah.. She's out.... I just saw it this week..

Don't worry though!!!!! Andrea Chamberlain is in for her and she is AMAZING!!!! I REALLY liked her in the role. I think she also looks and sounds a LOT like Sutton so... it's kinda the same. She also runs out after the show. My friend and I were gonna get her to sign but she just ran by us....

The show isn't really about Sutton's character anyway.. You'll still get the full effect of the show with everyone else..
Have fun!!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#10re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 5:35pm

Andrea Chamberlain was quite good. I saw her Sunday. I never saw Sutton. Her voice wasn't as powerful as Sutton, but she was very very good.

Sapsorrow Profile Photo
Sapsorrow
#11re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 5:45pm

Dang! Are you certain she's out this week? I was under the impression that she was out in order to attend the "Legally Blonde" opening. That was last Tuesday night, so I would think she'd be back in it by now, probably starting with this evening's performance.

Unless, of course, she finagled two weeks off so that she could spend Valentine's Day in SF with her husband.

#12re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/13/07 at 6:20pm

she is out with a capital "O"

syrso2yrsago
#13re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 4:12pm

When's she out for good?
This is just a vacation, right?

Elphaba43
#14re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 4:16pm

Why doesn't she come out? Does she just not want to meet her fans? Or is she kinda stuck up?

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#15re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 4:26pm

I was under the impression Andrea was only on until the 11th, with Sutton returning this week. Maybe that has changed.

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#16re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 5:20pm

Sutton is back this week. Her vacation was last week.

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

NYCtheater
#17re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 5:23pm

I thought I read recently that Beth Leavel was also taking a vacation in February - does anyone know if she is and when she'll be out?

wickedfanatic34 Profile Photo
wickedfanatic34
#18re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 5:27pm

Yeah,I heard this too. I thought her and Sutton took their vacations at the same time. Maybe not.

Elphaba43
#19re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 5:29pm

I wonder why she doesn't come out to meet the people after the show. Is she shy or what? I mean, from what I've heard, from people who've met her, said that she was more than happy to sign the playbills when they met her AFTER the show. Can anybody shed some light on this?

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#20re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 5:38pm

Beth's vacation is the last week in February.

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

Elphaba43
#21re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 5:48pm

I really can't wait to see Beth in the show. I heard she was really funny! I just really wanna meet Sutton.

NYCtheater
#22re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 5:51pm

Thanks for the info azeller!

wickedfanatic34 Profile Photo
wickedfanatic34
#23re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 6:09pm

From What dates to what dates is Beth on Vacation. I am seeing it on the 25th of Feb will I see her or not?

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#24re: Drowsy Chaperone
Posted: 2/14/07 at 6:14pm

yeah im curious about Beth too, im going march 3rd

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

Videos