Mary Poppins rush

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#1Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/19/07 at 11:46pm

Does Mary Poppins have rush tickets? If so what time does the box office put them on sale? What time should I get there to ensure tickets? How much are they? Any help would be appreciated.

Akiva

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/19/07 at 11:53pm

Go to the corner of 46th and Broadway, there is a man there everyday selling tickets for $20.

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#2re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/19/07 at 11:54pm

No rush.
CPD is correct. The guy claims the seats are "two rows from the stage".

"Have they come yet?"

nickip Profile Photo
nickip
#3re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 3:59pm

Anyone know if this is still true? I realize this thread is over a year old, so I figured I would ask again. Any rush or SRO tickets available for Mary Poppins?

-Nick

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:02pm

MyManCape ~ Somehow I've missed him. What are they, on the far, far side? That's about as absurd as the people who sell "Front Row RENT tickets" on EBay...and only if you bother to read the whole thing do they finally say front row mezzanine.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#5re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:15pm

Buy the $25 box seats.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#6re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:18pm

I've considered that ~ I thought they were $30 though. Is it easier to get them at the box office? The last time I looked (which has been a while) there wasn't a "box" price category.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

nickip Profile Photo
nickip
#7re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:25pm

All of the cheap tickets (on ticketmaster) are sold out. I did't see any box seats either. Any rush, sro info?

-Nick

dancingthrulife04
#8re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:28pm

Jordan - The Box seats are $25 during the week, and $30 on the weekend. I think they are under the mezzanine section on ticketmaster. I bought mine at the box office, so I'm not sure.

nickip - There is no rush, that's why I suggested the box seats.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#9re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:34pm

TKTS has had TKTS almost every show.

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#10re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:35pm

i bought box seats the day before the show. they were $30 for Friday night. I sat in box 10 and the view was amazing! I saw everything perfectly. If I went to see MP again, I would only sit there.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#11re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:35pm

Thanks dancing. Since I live in NYC, I'll probably just go by the box office sometime. :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

dancingthrulife04
#12re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:38pm

No problem. They're REALLY good seats, I was so glad I got them.

nickip Profile Photo
nickip
#13re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 2/11/08 at 4:40pm

Thanks!

-Nick

RentBoy86
#14re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 8/10/09 at 4:42pm

Do they take credit/debit cards?

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#15re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 10/22/09 at 7:07pm

Playbill says there is a $30 rush, but BroadwayForBrokePeople.com says it is only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Does it happen every day or just on those three?

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#16re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 10/22/09 at 8:36pm

I went this past Friday and rushed the show. Hell, I even bought my ticket around 7:50 ish for an 8PM showtime.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#17re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 10/22/09 at 8:37pm

Where did you sit?

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#18re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 10/22/09 at 8:47pm

I've only rushed the show twice. Once in the balcony, once in the mezz. However, I don't really care where I sit during a show and I thought that with all the heavy dance numbers such as Jolly Holiday and Step In Time, that it was good to sit higher up to get a better view of everything. Also, keep in mind, that it wasn't that long ago when a section of the balcony was priced at 30 bucks. Now, the entire section is 60.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#19re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 10/22/09 at 10:23pm

I got a rush ticket once on a Sunday evening about 3 hours before showtime and I was in the 2nd row of the mezzanine on the right side...great seat.

They also have $30 box seats in advance at the box office and they are excellent seats as well.

ThankstoPhantom
#20re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 10/23/09 at 9:28am

i bought box seats the day before the show. they were $30 for Friday night. I sat in box 10 and the view was amazing! I saw everything perfectly. If I went to see MP again, I would only sit there.

Boxes 11 and 12 are even better. :)

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

beach2732 Profile Photo
beach2732
#21re: Mary Poppins rush
Posted: 7/21/11 at 10:29am

How is rush for this show lately?
I have a friend in town who wants to go. I love the advice given on which seats to get or not get, but does anyone know about times?
(How early do we need to get there? Or, do they always seem have tickets?)

Videos