pixeltracker

Good producers Max and Leo pairings

Good producers Max and Leo pairings

LeoBloom2
#1Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/14/07 at 10:39pm

Jim Belishi [I think that's mispelled] and Topher Grace. Go. :)

NathanLaneStalker
#2re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 1:08am

Nathan Lane and Denis O'Hare

I'd kill to see that.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 1:50am

Hmm...Denis O'Hare as Leo would be interesting.

Even though he's not fat, I'd still love to see Billy Crystal as Max.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

shesamarshmallow
#3re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 1:52am

I want to start every opinion I ever have with "even though he's not fat." It would be super hilarious.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

millie_dillmount
#4re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 1:55am

Lol.

I was just thinking about that whole "fat, fat, fatty" joke. Do they still say that if the actor isn't, well, fat? Like Tony Danza?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 2:54am

I've said it before. I'd like to see Whoopi Goldberg as Maxine Biallystock. Maybe Billy Crystal could be her Leo. Also Billy as Leo and Robin Williams as Max would be hysterical.
Updated On: 3/15/07 at 02:54 AM

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#6re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 7:28am

Tyne Daly or Judy Kaye as Maxine
Laura Benanti as Lea

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

LeoBloom2
#7re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 8:01am

Jon Lovitz playing both roles...in his basement.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#8re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 8:41am

Lol.

I was just thinking about that whole "fat, fat, fatty" joke. Do they still say that if the actor isn't, well, fat? Like Tony Danza?

Yes and no. There are a couple of spoken lines that go something along the lines of, "I saw you and you used to be so fat!" However, during "Betrayed" he still says, "Give me those books/fat, fat, fatty."

I thought that the "you used to be fat jokes" were pretty dumb. They kept harping on it as well. Honestly, was that the best they could come up with?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 9:49am

Sorry to threadjack, but speaking of fat, in Grey Gardens, when Big Edie sings to Little Edie, "that you're unmarried, bald and fat" the women next to me said to her friend "I can't believe she shaved her head for this." The friend replied, "She (Ebersole) has hair, I met her outisde. Lovely head of hair. Blonde." The other friend replies, "well she's not fat either-couldn't they stuff her or something." The friend replies, "I think the mother is just being critical-you know like your mother." The friend replied, "OH ok, now I got it!" Then I shot them a dirty look which told them to zip it.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#10re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 11:30am

Abbott and Costello

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#11re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 11:35am

John Goodman as Max
Rick Moranis as Leo

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

millie_dillmount
#12re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 11:47am

Voicewise I think Billy Crystal would make a better Max.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#13re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 11:53am

Jack Black as Max

Cary Elwes as Leo

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

philcrosby
#14re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 11:56am

Tom Hanks as Max
Peter Scolari as Leo

and of course ...

Ethel Merman as Max
Mary Martin as Leo!!!

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#15re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 12:19pm

For Tony Danza, a couple of lines were added in the beginning of the show -

Leo: When I was a kid, I had the good fortune to be taken to Bialy-hoos of 1942. I still have the ticket stub. And I must say, Mr. Bialystock, I have to congratulate you, because I saw you there that night and you were really quite fat.
Max: Excuse me. I was never fat. Husky.
Leo: No, my dog was husky. You were fat.

And later, during the confrontation, Leo went, "You were fat! Fat! Not husky but fat! Give me those fat books, you formerly fat walrus!"

And of course that has all been dropped, as John Treacy Egan is indeed hefty.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#16re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 1:44pm

"well she's not fat either-couldn't they stuff her or something

I think I just died a little.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

worrell4077
#17re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/15/07 at 2:15pm

"Also Billy as Leo and Robin Williams as Max would be hysterical."

I second that and John Goodman and Rick Moranis. I think it would be funny to see a one man Producers with Robin Williams as all the parts(LOL).

I personally would've love to see John O'Hurley or Jon Lovitz as Max instead of Tony Danza.

i_heart_roger_bart Profile Photo
i_heart_roger_bart
#18re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/17/07 at 1:09pm

Jon Lovitz would be a fantastic Max! Good call on that one. I can't even think of a good Leo at this point, so I'll keep Hunter Foster. He's a wonderful Leo anyway. :)

We were fated to be mated. We're Bialystock & Bloom!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#19re: Good producers Max and Leo pairings
Posted: 3/17/07 at 1:37pm

Nathan Lane and Broderick were perfect.
I would love to see Nathan and O'Hare.

Videos