pixeltracker

next disney show on broadway is...- Page 2

next disney show on broadway is...

#25re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/22/07 at 9:51pm

I absolutely love disney, but some of the shoes on broadway.eh
I could see fantasia, hunchback, cinderella, snow white.
man, actually I could see a lot of the "Disney Princess" stories on there.
but you know what I think.
NEWSIES
thats what I think(=

neddyfrank2
#26re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/22/07 at 9:59pm

Go away Lizzy.

Norah3
#27re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/22/07 at 11:02pm

What a fabulous point you make! I hope Disney is listening.
As for myself, how I would love to see Sleeping Beauty.

BobPopa Profile Photo
BobPopa
#28re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/22/07 at 11:15pm

WHEN TIGGER'S GO WILD

Actually though I would love to see Hunchback
What about Bedknobs and Broomsticks?

"He wants to know who cares. I care you stupid fool we all care..." John Wilkes Booth (Assassins)

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#29re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:45am

POCAHANTOS!

...Not.

I agree that Ali Ewoldt and Adam Jacobs would look darn good as Aladdin and Jasmine.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#30re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:58am

CInderella, Peter Pan, Snow white or any of the disney princess shows
Um, you do realize that Cinderella and Peter Pan are already musicals, right?

I love Mulan and it would be awesome to see Lea Salonga do the whole role, but I don't trust Disney not to f*ck it up.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 3/23/07 at 12:58 AM

musicman_17082
#31re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 1:08am

MULAN MULAN MULAN!!!! would be freaking incredible.

just as equally amazing would be POCAHONTAS. For real. It could be incredible.

They would be the most "real" of any Disney shows put out. I want to see BOTH of these shows go to Broadway before I die.

Has there EVER been a Broadway show about the Chinese OR about Indians?

SarahBeth Profile Photo
SarahBeth
#33re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 11:34am

Mulan, Alice in Wonderland, and I never even thought of Fantasia but now my interest is peaked.

Problems with Mulan is the staging. An army of thousands coming at you and an avalanche would be hard to pull off. Mushu and the lucky bug would be hard but if Little Mermaid can pull off the fish then who knows.

"I'll show you a laughgasm. I'll gasm all over this stage!"
"Interesting choice"

Crapgame13 Profile Photo
Crapgame13
#34re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 11:53am

Alice in Wonderland would be cool

Bedknobs and Broomsticks would be pretty cool also

get away from the "outcast with singing animal friends" motif

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#35re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 11:59am

"Has there EVER been a Broadway show about the Chinese OR about Indians? "

bOMBAY dREAMS, LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

bobby_luvs_bway Profile Photo
bobby_luvs_bway
#36re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:03pm

I love the idea of Mulan, it would be difficult to stage, but then I thought the same of Lion King and it worked out for them. However, as much as I adore Ms. Salonga, she is far too old to play it now. There aren't an abundance of Asian roles to go around, so let's give a newbie a chance to shine. I also think Newsies would work really well on stage.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#37re: next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:03pm

I think Newsies would be good but it is a huge show with lots of kids a la Oliver!

I think Mulan would rock! They would have to change some of it. But just imagine if they did it with a dragon like during Chinese New Year. It would be pretty awesome.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

#38Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:07pm

"CInderella, Peter Pan, Snow white or any of the disney princess shows"

It's princess movies, not shows.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#39Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:11pm

Actually there are some Shows out there that are "princess shows" they tour all the time.. Some of them are on ice some of them aren't....

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

#40Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:27pm

You know, I HATE it when people (LIMELIGHTMIKE...cough cough) put up a link of a previous thread as a way of chastising people for posting threads that discuss already discussed topics.

Get over yourself. So what if there already is a thread on this.

They are enjoying their conversation. Leave them alone.

Lord, some people.

Anyway, Hercules would be my choice.
Updated On: 3/23/07 at 12:27 PM

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#41Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:34pm

Hunchback of Notre Dame is already being done in Europe

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

bobby_luvs_bway Profile Photo
bobby_luvs_bway
#42Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 12:43pm

Weren't there plans to transfer Hunchback, or to film it? I don't know...I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#43Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 1:39pm

Weren't there plans to transfer Hunchback, or to film it?

I so wish I could see this on stage. Hunchback is one of my favorite Disney movies, and it has some really beautiful music.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks would be cool, but I think it would be difficult to pull off. A lot of the best parts of the movie are the effects and the mixing of live action and animation. I'm not familiar with the original book, so I don't know how plausible it would be to cut those parts for a stage show a la Mary Poppins.

I personally love The Jungle Book, but it would have to be done in the same masks-and-puppets style as The Lion King. Maybe after Lion King closes (if it ever closes) there will be room for another animal story.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#44Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 1:42pm

Wasn't Drew Sarich Quasimodo in "Del Glockner" or whatever the German production was called?

From what I hear, its absolutely beautiful.

Pity Disney keeps cranking out shows without transferring this one.

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#45Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 1:47pm

It wasn't posted to degrade anyone. Lord knows it's been done eto me TOO MANY TIMES to count by various others here on the board. I did however wish to voice my opinion (via my HERC thread) w/ various others having made their thoughts & opinions known on HERC being mounted. I'm not one to stir the sh*t pot, so please, don't make reference to me causing any issues. That's my deal, and I want everyone to know that. I LOVE Disney just as much as the next guy/girl, and when push comes to shove, I honestly think that HUNCHBACK deserves a run on Broadway -- That score was BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED.

Next disney show on broadway is...

Best,
- Mike

rentgal589
#46Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 3:13pm

have u heard of kathy rigby???

she was peter pan...

it wuz already a show...

smooth.

Rentgal589 is soon to be under new management.

skingdom
#47Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 3:28pm

101 Dalmatians.

Glenn Close is coming back to Broadway with about one hundred dancers as the pups. Work will be had for those with fancy feet.

The Fox and the Hound

Here the fox and the hound will actually be played by a fox and a hound. Two different foxes and two different hounds will be cast, not to exhaust them. The bear at the end of the play will be played by Robin Williams and Rebecca Luker will play the dog's mother.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#48Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 3:37pm

Lizzya9 said: "much as The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast or whatever. Mulan would be good but they couldn't really pull of the far-away shots of thousands of soldiers like in the film, or the battle sequences with back-flipping on roofs and stuff."

Uhh. The musical does not have to be a carbon copy of the movie.

If I had to choose I would pick MULAN. It could definitely work.

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#49Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/23/07 at 4:21pm

as for Hunchback, that was done, closed a long time back and yes Drew was Quasi (phenominal vocal performance) it was a beautiful show, much darker than the cartoon (lead characters other than Frolo die) but from the clips i have seen on that site which shall not be named, the direction sucked.

kind of like what happened in B&tB where it looks good, but the dialogue and blocking between songs and set changes was a let down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre