pixeltracker

Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101- Page 2

Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#25Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 6:35pm

This has been discussed on here many times before. I knew about the Grail being under the seat before I saw SpamAlot, and I saw it soon after it opened, let alone two years later! It didn't make one bit of difference as far as my level of enjoyment of the show, and I didn't throw a hissy fit when someone posted it on here back then either. Grow up people.

And I suppose you all didn't know that in Phantom the chandelier crashes down to the stage? Oh sh*t... I meant, **spoiler**. Wow, sorry if I ruined that show for anyone.Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#26Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 6:40pm

To be fair, while it's true that knowing that won't ruin the show for anyone, it IS a pretty big spoiler, considering the fact that the grail is never actually found in the original film. When I saw Spamalot, I was wondering how they'd change the ending, since it clearly couldn't be the same as the movie. The whole audience participation angle was unexpected.

So, yeah, I get why people are upset about you spoiling that aspect of the show. Next time, don't put it in the thread title.

Having said that, it's not a big deal, the show's past its welcome point anyway, so let's all move on.

*passes cookies*
Updated On: 3/23/07 at 06:40 PM

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#27Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 6:48pm

Now that I think about it... there have been about 12 million threads on this exact topic. The OP should have done a search. Yup, he's definetly to blame.

**munches cookie quietly in the corner**

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#28Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 6:57pm

You don't have a leg to stand on, you were wrong.

Neither did the Black Knight, and he didn't give up.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#29Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 7:22pm

this ranks among the dumbest threads I have ever read on BWW, and that is saying A LOT.

rentgal589
#30Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 7:48pm

U ppl convinced me 2 c it. It sounds fun and interactive. Not being sarcastic, thanx 4 posting.

Rentgal589 is soon to be under new management.

Miss.Vanessi
#31Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 7:52pm

Wait wait wait... BAN someone for making ONE mistake? You're kidding me with this, right?

It's like writing "Norma Shearer for the win!" in a Joan Crawford biography.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#32Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 7:59pm

GAWD!
This is just like when my sister told me the ship sank at the end of "Titanic"!

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#33Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 8:18pm

The spoiler should have been put in the actual message with a warning instead of in the subject line, but knowing about a spoiler is not going to ruin anyone's life. Even though I have not seen Spamalot, it really doesn't bother me that I know the ending now.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"

Miss.Vanessi
#34Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 8:19pm

GAWD!
This is just like when my sister told me the ship sank at the end of "Titanic"!

BANNINATED! TOTAL SPOILER!

It's like writing "Norma Shearer for the win!" in a Joan Crawford biography.

HipToBeeSquare
#35Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 9:41pm

You don't have a leg to stand on, you were wrong.

Neither did the Black Knight, and he didn't give up.

----

*SNORT*
That was a good one! I literally laughed out loud!
Updated On: 3/24/07 at 09:41 PM

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#36Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 9:52pm

I agree w/ the moderates in this thread...i'm sure it's not a huge deal, but it was inconsiderate...and a lot of people took the time to say that. Doesn't mean it's a huge deal, but the fact remains.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#37Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 9:54pm

Look I understand about the whole spoiler thing. I know that my partner who is dying to see Spamalot (and it will be in DC again...) would not like to know about it. And I kind-a am bummed out about it. I mean it is always fun to see things fresh. Like the whole Wicked thing... which I won't say as I think it is really cool and I dont like to spoil things. Just cause someone will see it now or later does not mean that it wasn't a little spoiled now....

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#38Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/23/07 at 9:54pm

Look I understand about the whole spoiler thing. I know that my partner who is dying to see Spamalot (and it will be in DC again...) would not like to know about it. And I kind-a am bummed out about it. I mean it is always fun to see things fresh. Like the whole Wicked thing... which I won't say as I think it is really cool and I dont like to spoil things. Just cause someone will see it now or later does not mean that it wasn't a little spoiled now....

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#39Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 12:47am

This whole seat thing was all over the 'net when the show was barely in previews. Because so many people were requesting "the seat", is one of the reasons they threw a few different ones in there. To shake it up a bit.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Yankeefan007
#40Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:17am

Holy crap, it sinks?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#41Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:29am

I haven't seen the show and I knew that. Were any of you planning on seeing the show anytime soon? I bet you weren't. There have been plenty of other threads about this and nobody go this sort of response. This is hardly a spoiler and I doubt this will "ruin" the show for you if you saw it.

Updated On: 3/24/07 at 01:29 AM

BroadwayAbridged Profile Photo
BroadwayAbridged
#42Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:29am

Wait so it ends up being a BOAT?

- Gil http://www.broadwayabridged.com

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#43Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:18am

Don't be so overdramatic, i's not a major spoiler that is going to ruin the show for you...there is much more to the whole "grail located under the seat" thing that you don't even know about.

FYI, this grail thing has been discussed before on this board without any spoiler warnings.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

rentgal589
#44Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:01pm

Ship sinking Titanic guy...

Was that sarcasm?

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#45Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:37pm

No one is being overdramatic. Some of us are just annoyed. And in those other cases, was the "spoiler" in the title?

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#46Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:39pm

So let me get this straight. They find the cup thing under the seat, and then they sink in the TITANIC, all in the same show. Wow, now I really want to see Spamalot.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

rentgal589
#47Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:53pm

People who havent seen the show didnt even know about a holy grail. so how is it a spoiler? now you know that there's a holy grail and someone finds it. no spoiler there.

bella cantato
#48Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:33pm

are you kidding me?

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#49Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:50pm

no one said it's a BIG spoiler...we're just saying it was inconsiderate to put a part of the show that is somewhat of a surprise in the title. Thats all.