pixeltracker

Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!

Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!

divarobbie Profile Photo
divarobbie
#1Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:04am

PS Classics has just put Broadway's Grey Gardens on sale, and reduced the off-Broadway version to $4.95 (remember, when they're gone, they're gone forever!). They also put Georgia Stitt's album, This Ordinary Thursday, on sale.
PS Classics

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#2re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:07am

Sounds so so good! Very excited about this!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#2re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:20am

The previews sound great. It doesn't sound so condensed and confined. It must have been recorded like the Lieberson and Shepard albums from way back when.

shesamarshmallow
#3re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:25am

I bought it & three copies of the off-broadway one!!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#4re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:28am

It'll be good on eBay in a few years. I might buy a copy or two. Good idea.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#5re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:30am

Thanks for letting us know. I just ordered mine. re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#6re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:36am

I purchased the GG Off-Broadway CD yesterday, and now it goes down to 4.95, go figure, lol!

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#7re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:43am

Motortink, I know how you feel. I bought the off-broadway recording a day before they announced them making a new broadway cast recording.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#8re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:52am

Just ordered mine as well!!

broadwaybaby086
#9re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:13pm

Just ordered 2 of the original and one of the new. Thanks for the information! I'm so glad I held off on ordering the Off-Broadway...

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

ashley0139
#10re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:51pm

*cries* I ordered the Off-Broadway TWO DAYS AGO. And now it's freaking five dollars! Not ok. So freaking pissed.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#11re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:58pm

Just got mine! Hurrah!

ashley0139
#12re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:59pm

The clips of the new cd do sound great though!

Do people think this is actually going to be worth something? Is it really possible to predict this? And is it really worth it to order another for the $8 (with shipping) to have in the future?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife
Updated On: 3/26/07 at 12:59 PM

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#13re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 1:02pm

Anybody seen it IN a store yet? I just checked Colony and Virgin here in Times Square on my lunch break...

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#14re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 1:51pm

I just ordered mine!

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

WithoutATrace
#15re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 1:54pm

"Do people think this is actually going to be worth something? Is it really possible to predict this? And is it really worth it to order another for the $8 (with shipping) to have in the future?"

Even if it won't be worth something in the future, the Off-Broadway recording is worth having because of the cut songs (which are better, IMO).

ashley0139
#16re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 2:08pm

Oh, I already ordered the cd (see previous post) so I will have it. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to order an extra copy.

Updated On: 3/26/07 at 02:08 PM

WithoutATrace
#17re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 2:11pm

"I'm just wondering if it's worth it to order an extra copy."

IMO, it's not worth it...but I don't have any intention of selling my collection...

#18re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 2:13pm

About to order mine :)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#19re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 2:34pm

I wasn't going to buy an extra copy of the Off-Broadway cast and the new Broadway recording, but for 5 dollars I guess I will. Who knows. Maybe it really will be a collectors item...

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#20re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 2:41pm

I ordered a copy of the new one as well - hmmm not a bad idea to sell the other in the future.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Yankeefan007
#21re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 2:44pm

I dunno....would the old version really be worth that much in 20 years?

Unlike the Drowsy record, it seems too mass produced.

That said, I just ordered the new version. Thanks for the tip.

ashley0139
#22re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 3:11pm

Just received the OOBCR in the mail. Only ordered it on Friday, so Amazon is obviously very fast. So excited to listen to it!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#23re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 3:12pm

^ I think it could be worth something 20 years from now.

A couple years ago people were paying a lot for the DEBBIE ALLEN Sweet Charity revival CD which was long out of print. But due to the Applegate revival, it was remastered and re-released. But is still a collectors item because it's labeled a "Soundtrack" on the side of the back insert.

Miss.Vanessi
#24re: Broadway Grey Gardens on sale now!
Posted: 3/26/07 at 3:21pm

I think too many people have been ordering extra copies of the original recording for it to be worth much more than original value in 20 years.

It's like writing "Norma Shearer for the win!" in a Joan Crawford biography.

Videos