pixeltracker

Best Score Nomination Possibilites- Page 2

Best Score Nomination Possibilites

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#25re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 5:01pm

Ummm but there are four nominees...

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#26re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 5:04pm

Aren't there five?

Yankeefan007
#27re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites

Coram Boy's score is mostly Handel, no?

I honestly can't see Legally Blonde getting a Best Score nod. I'd go for Fame Becomes Me...

In fact, if I were on the nominating committee, I'd put up FBM for most of the major awards this year: best musical, best lead actor, best featured actress, best score, best book...

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#28re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites

Oh wait. There are four. That's just for the acting categories.

MargoChanning
#29re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 5:09pm

I'm not sure about this, but I think that Adrian Sutton's original music for CORAM BOY would be eligible -- not to say that it'll get a nomination, though. Sutton has written at least four original compositions for the show (basicaly all of the music other than Handel's Messiah).

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 4/22/07 at 05:09 PM

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#30re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 6:03pm

I think it'll be: Spring Awakening, Grey Gardens, Legally Blonde, and Curtains (with LB being replaced possibly by Fame Becomes Me).

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#31re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 6:10pm

GREY GARDENS, SPRING AWAKENING, FAME BECOMES ME, CURTAINS.

I highly doubt that LEGALLY BLONDE will get a nomination for Best Score over FAME BECOMES ME. I agree with Yankee that FAME BECOMES ME deserves the Best Book slot over LEGALLY BLONDE as well -- but Best Book is going to be a tight category to fill. GREY GARDENS, SPRING AWAKENING, FAME BECOMES ME, CURTAINS, and LOVEMUSIK will all be contenders. Personally, I would knock out CURTAINS for Best Book and keep FAME BECOMES ME and LOVEMUSIK. LEGALLY BLONDE has no shot at Best Book. They took a well-constructed screenplay and turned it into a mess. I would also nominate FAME BECOMES ME for Best Musical over CURTAINS.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#32re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 6:16pm

I agree Foster, I hope the nom committee doesn't forget about FAME. It certainly was a better show than CURTAINS or BLONDE.

It will be a very exciting race this year!

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#33re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 6:19pm

Fame Becomes Me was funny and tuneful (and better than Legally Blonde) but I enjoyed and found Curtains' craft to be a lot better. Fame Becomes Me was a cartoony sketch comedy show was really great new material and a big (and uber talented) star.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#34re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 6:44pm

Just listened to FAME & it was better than I remembered

The lyrics was first rate & it is a very good CD

Poster Emeritus

#35re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 10:14pm

When Twelth Night was up though wasn't it a pretty cold year for new musicals?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#36re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 10:22pm

How on earth did this thread get this far without one mention of that sinking ship?

PEACE.

buddharich
#37re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/22/07 at 11:06pm

Besides Twelfth Night, didn't Much Ado About Nothing get a best score nomination way back in 1973?

Personally, I'm not enthusiastic about Legally Blonde or Fame Becomes Me - but Curtains, Grey Gardens and what I would give the award to, Spring Awakening, all are locks as far as I'm concerned. (Spring Awakening should win!)

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#38re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/23/07 at 1:31am

The nominees will be Spring Awakening, Grey Gardens, Curtains, and LEgally Blonde.

Spring Awakening will probably win, but I think Curtains also has a good chance.

Wanna Be A Foster
#39re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 4/23/07 at 1:35am

Care to elaborate?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Julian2
#40re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:22pm

Any chance for Poppins? Its not a good show, but I did like the new lyrics for the classics and the new songs.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#41re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:27pm

No. I don't think so.

~Steven

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#42re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:29pm

I hate the new songs for POPPINS. "Anything Can Happen" ruined the entire show. What an awful song for a finale.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Wanna Be A Foster
#43re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:29pm

Having now seen all of the contenders for Best Score, I would nominate:

MARTIN SHORT: FAME BECOMES ME
GREY GARDENS
SPRING AWAKENING
CORAM BOY

They are easily the BEST scores this season.

-Kad

Updated On: 5/11/07 at 01:29 PM

Julian2
#44re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:38pm

But the question is, what will be?

Politics wise, Curtains has the sentementality going for it. And I think though Coram Boy may have the better score (I don't know), COU has the energy of being the better reveiwed play (That is, if they give a spot to a play).

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

munkustrap178
#45re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:41pm

CORAM BOY and UTOPIA will not get nominated.

I think we're realistically looking at:

CURTAINS
GREY GARDENS
SPRING AWAKENING
MARTIN SHORT

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#46re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:50pm

I like THE PIRATE QUEEN score.
(ducking from the crap that's gonna be thrown at me)

But I think Munk's list is right.

GREY GARDENS is my favorite of that pack.
Updated On: 5/11/07 at 01:50 PM

munkustrap178
#47re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:52pm

GG should def. win best score.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#48re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 2:52pm

SHOULD is the term there, Munk. Will it? Probably not! SA will probably win. GG's score is incredible. The only one this season I can't stop listening to!
Maybe we'll be surprised. (I still say GG will surprise everyone and get a load of nods and may very well take away a slew of them, too.)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#49re: Best Score Nomination Possibilites
Posted: 5/11/07 at 2:53pm

SHOULD is the term there, Munk. Will it? Probably not! SA will probably win. GG's score is incredible. The only one this season I can't stop listening to!
Maybe we'll be surprised. (I still say GG will surprise everyone and get a load of nods and may very well take away a slew of them, too.)