pixeltracker

Gwen Stewart returning to "RENT"

Gwen Stewart returning to "RENT"

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#1Gwen Stewart returning to "RENT"
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:15pm

I don't think this was posted, so here goes...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=17791

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#2re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:19pm

Very excited. VERY!

C is for Company
#2re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:21pm

How interesting.

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#3re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:41pm

So excited!

I only wish I could see it! re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#4re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:45pm

I remember back in 2003 (was it?) when she returned with Kristen Lee Kelly. She was so great back then and was still in great voice at the concert last year. This is great news!

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#5re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:49pm

...and I thought it said Gwen Stefani returning to 'RENT'.

heh!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#6re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:55pm

Gwen has a fantastic voice, and everyone that can go hear her sing should but I still dont get why she keeps coming back to do the Soloist when she was so amazing as Joanne for a full year on Broadway!

she still has the pipes (and she looks amazing) so why dont they get her up there singing Take Me?

this is filler before they find someone they really want to come in...

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#7re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 8:06pm

I'm very excited! I'm going on Sunday, hopefully lotto isn't too bad.

Swiftynifty15
#8re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 8:50pm

I thought it read "Gwen Stefani returning to Rent" When I first read it.

I could actually picture that though.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#9re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 9:24pm

I thought Stephani as well, now that I would go see re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'

Does the Seasons of Love soloist understudy Joanne?

And sidenote, when did they add the measure you life in love part to the ending of Seasons of Love? Was it after the movie?

courtney4
#10re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 10:14pm

It's really exciting. The show is really going to be crowded that day. I'm pretty sure she's coming back the 29th, so it will be her first day, Antonique's last, and it's the show's 11th aniversary!

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#11re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 10:20pm

Cool. Almost certain I won't get around to seeing her (unfortunately), but cool.

And sidenote, when did they add the measure you life in love part to the ending of Seasons of Love? Was it after the movie?

Every soloist changes their part up a little bit in some way (certainly Frenchie didn't stick to the OBCR), and that was just Tracy Thoms' own way of changing the part up. I don't know if she was absolutely the first one to do that, but no matter who originated it I'm sure it wasn't actually written into the music...it's just a bit of a personal touch.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

misschung
#12re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 10:27pm

I liked Traci's addition, actually.

I'm happy Gwen is coming back - I totally forgot she played Joanne. Joanne is more vocally challening as opposed to the soloist part tho, maybe thats why she's doing it. She is so great, tho.
Now if only Adam and Anthony's rumored return were confirmed - this would be 3 OBCs!

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#13re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 10:29pm

Yes, but not at the same time. She's only staying through 5.27.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 4/24/07 at 10:29 PM

misschung
#14re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/24/07 at 11:37pm

Yeah, not at the same time - unfortunately

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#15re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/25/07 at 1:34am

Gwen never had the "measure your life in love" at the end of it in her original verison but plenty of soloists have changed it up and added whatever they want- and Traci wasnt the first to do that particular riff.

Gwen does it completely different now than she did in the OBC days tho... she really has a powerhouse voice. I hope she gets to go on as Joanne a few times.

and that those perfs make their way onto the site that goes unmentioned.

Yero
#16re: Gwen Stewart returning to 'RENT'
Posted: 4/25/07 at 6:47am

Hah, I read it as "Gwen Stefani returning to 'RENT'" too.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee