Tony Tix

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#1Tony Tix
Posted: 5/10/07 at 1:29pm

I have visited ticketmaster and tonyawards.com

I bought tix a few years ago and they had a link up by now (not functioning yet of course, but up.) and a hotline to call for Tony tix-I know because I had it speed dialed so I could get the tix.

What is the story? Will a link be posted? (I know the tix don't go on sale until after the nominees are announced, but I want to get one.)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

cheezedoodle
#2re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/10/07 at 2:56pm

Tickets for the 2007 Tony Awards can be purchased starting at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, May 15th on-line through www.tonyawards.com or by calling the Tony Awards TicketMaster Hotline, 212-307-4544. Visa is the exclusive card of the Tony Awards.

"Oh Link...your pork is ready..." - Edna Turnblad

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#2re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/10/07 at 3:08pm

stupid question, but do you know how much they cost?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/10/07 at 3:31pm

I think they coast something like 200 a ticket. They go on sale via ticketmaster eiather the day the nomnations are announced or some years its been the day after. I know that tehey shoot for the day of the nomnations but i think there were a couple of years due to technical reasons that they couldn't get the tickets online till the next day.

But, they do sell them though. Keep in mind that ticketmaster has a message about how it's a black tie event.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/10/07 at 3:37pm

And don't take a camera. it will be taken from you at the door. We almost took one for pictures outside in our tuxes but didn't. And I was glad because we would have missed walking out with all the Broadway actors while waiting to get the camera. But if you have been before, you probably know that already.

Just give the world Love.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#5re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/10/07 at 6:54pm

Yes, I know all about that.
How about snagging a ticket to the party afterward? Who do I have to bug about that?

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#6re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/10/07 at 7:13pm

Do they like, frisk you? Are they going to know if you just stick your camera in your pocket?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#7re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/10/07 at 9:49pm

They will find the camera, trust me. (Plus, there are better pics up on the web the day after.)

James Sims Profile Photo
James Sims
#8re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/13/07 at 12:27pm

For the last few years they typically use metal detector wands and pat you down a bit. It is very high security.

DARTH Profile Photo
DARTH
#9re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/13/07 at 1:00pm

To answer some of these questions....

The link to tickets on the Tony Awards website, and the ability to buy tickets through Ticketmaster, will become active at 9:00am EDT on May 15. A very limited number of tickets will be available at $200 per seat, with a maximum of two or four (still being decided) per transaction.

This year, not only will metal detectors be used for security, but no one will be admitted to the theatre with anything other than a small purse, which will be searched. All other items will be required to be checked prior to entering the theatre.

Formal wear is being REQUIRED for all attendees. That being said, I have no idea what will be done if someone shows up not wearing a tuxedo, but initial discussions are that the dress code will be very strictly enforced this year.

Tickets to the gala after the awards are $350 each, and seating is not being assigned, although many tables are reserved by people who have bought the entire table. The only way to get tickets (legally) for the gala is to fill out an application with the event producer and pay in advance.

Please note that completing an application and paying in advance still does not guarantee you entry. Once the nominees are announced on May 15, and the Tony Awards show producers see how many tickets will be requested by nominees, that will determine how many seats to the show and gala that will be made available to the public. Even if they have accepted your application and money, if they have no space for you, they simply refund your money, and you will not know this until the end of May. However, if you have not completed an application by now for the gala, they are no longer accepting further requests.

Also, if you do buy a gala ticket from a third party (you should NOT), your name will still have to be on the master list that security personnel have for admittance to the gala. A ticket alone will not be enough to get you in; your name must still appear on the security list, and they almost always ask for photo ID to verify this.

There is still an ongoing discussion about what to do with cell phones, since now they are virtually video cameras. Will keep you updated on this one.

Hope this helps.

Luckydave14
#10re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/13/07 at 4:42pm

Thanks Darth. Are they going to be selling the Orchestra Pit seats like they have in previous years or just the mezzanines?

And is it OK to wear a suit instead of a tuxedo? Updated On: 5/13/07 at 04:42 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#11re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/13/07 at 4:50pm

I wore a tux last year but saw a lot of suites. Correct me if I am wrong but I think a suite and tie are ok.

Just give the world Love.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#12re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/13/07 at 4:56pm

A suit and tie are fine. I went last year and didn't have my camera taken at the door. And also took pictures in the theatre, not during the taping of course, and noone took it away.

DARTH Profile Photo
DARTH
#13re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/13/07 at 7:07pm

This is just a "heads up", so feel free to disregard, but...

There is a great deal of ongoing conversation about security at this year's event. I would not count on what happened last year being the same as what happens this year. I think you will find that many new rules will apply this year.

I agree that dark suits and ties are very much the norm, especially in areas that will not be seen in camera close-ups. And if a recognizable talent chooses not to wear a tuxedo, what are they going to do? But there will see a lot more mention of formal wear than ever before, especially in orchestra and front mezzanine seating.

Remember that Ticketmaster only sells the $200 seats, but the top price of tickets is actually $800, so, like any theatre event, the higher priced seats will be better located.

Seating allocation for the pit has not yet been determined.

ashley0139
#14re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/13/07 at 8:15pm

Is there a way to apply to be a seat filler? Or how does one get to do that?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Luckydave14
#15re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/14/07 at 3:57pm

The ticketmaster page is up right now and lists prices ranging fro $204.50 - $404.50. Darth, do you know where the $400 seats are located?

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#16re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/18/07 at 7:48am

Darth,

Someone om Ebay selling tickets say there is no list at the party gala door - said he's been going for two years now. Just need your tix.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#17re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/18/07 at 11:52am

where are these tix?

mightydog Profile Photo
mightydog
#18re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/18/07 at 12:18pm

The gala tickets cost an extra $350 or something like that. The price of admission to the awards ceremony does not include the gala.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#19re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/18/07 at 2:09pm

I'm aware of this. I was asking where the tix that the previous poster had found were on ebay.

Updated On: 5/18/07 at 02:09 PM

hiltyfied
#20re: Tony Tix
Posted: 5/18/07 at 3:08pm

So who would I contact to apply for a ticket/table to the gala? Should I call the number they posted on their site for buying tickets to the event?

Videos