News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Any 2 shows...

kleighblue01 Profile Photo
kleighblue01
#1Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 4:11pm

I need help. I'm going to New York in a bit, and I can see 2 shows. I've already decided that one will be Spring Awakening, since I've been obsessed with it ever since the OBCR came out.

And I can see one more. The ones I will not see are: Avenue Q, Beauty and the Beast, Curtains, Hairspray, Legally Blonde, Mamma Mia, Spamalot, Rent, Spelling Bee, Phantom, and Wicked. Because I have either seen it already, or have no desire to see it.

Andddd.... GO!

I'm not afraid of anything

timote316
#2re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 4:14pm

Company.

colleen_lee
#2re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 4:18pm

Grey Gardens.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 4:20pm

Grey Gardens, Company or 110 in the Shade.

Just give the world Love.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#4re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 4:21pm

Grey Gardens

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#5re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 4:32pm

GREY GARDENS!!!!!!

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#6re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 5:03pm

Grey Gardens. If you do, you'll see a performance that people will be talking about 25 years from now.

See it now.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ashley0139
#7re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 5:17pm

Grey Gardens

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

teka21
#8re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 5:19pm

As a sister SA devotee, I highly recommend In The Heights as your second show. The music is inventive and captivating- fresh and unique the way SA's score is new for B'way theatre. The acting and dancing is first rate, the intimate staging is terrific. If you go, sit behind the first 4 rows for a better view.
It is understandable how the Lortel Awards voters couldn't decide between these 2 shows as the Outstanding New Off Broadway Musical, and called it a tie. (Although I think SA has improved upon its auspicious off-broadway version since its move to B'way, and I'd rate it ahead of ITH now.)

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#9re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 5:22pm

Company and Grey Gardens... or see Lea Salonga in Les Miserables...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

neddyfrank2
#10re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 6:34pm

Skip Les Miz.

Grey Gardens and Company

ragdoll4390 Profile Photo
ragdoll4390
#11re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 6:52pm

Grey Gardens

choose to be happy:0)-Grey Gardens

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#13re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 7:08pm

Company.

shesamarshmallow
#14re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 7:11pm

Grey Gardens & Company!!!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

daspazoo
#15re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 7:24pm

I would like to second the suggestion for IN THE HEIGHTS.
I did not know what to expect (having gone mostly to see Priscilla Lopez and Andrea Burns), but my friend and I walked out just giddy with delight! A heartwarming and moving story, with a wonderful score and some electric dance numbers. One of the two shows to get a special ensemble award from the Drama Desks as well. Don't miss it!

Short form: of the 10 shows I saw in NYC this year, this is the only one I bought a t-shirt from!

...this bird is singing.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#16re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 7:27pm

Company!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#17re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 8:34pm

Grey Gardens and A Chorus Line.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BroadwaySinger2
#18re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/12/07 at 9:26pm

Grey Gardens or Company!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#19re: Any 2 shows...
Posted: 5/13/07 at 12:01am

110 In The Shade.

Or hey. go for a play and see Coram Boy. Just saw that one today and was floored. It was only the second time I've been shaking at the end of a show I was so moved. (The other was The Year of Magical Thinking. The first time and again tonight.)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos