pixeltracker

Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards

Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#2re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/15/07 at 9:12pm

ok time to start voting...i cant wait to see the results!

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#3re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/16/07 at 11:52am

Martin Pakledinaz was robbed. I don't care if the show waasn't well recieved.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#4re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/16/07 at 3:43pm

And the fan girls have taken over the BWW awards, too....

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#5re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/16/07 at 4:09pm

Agreed munk.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#6re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/16/07 at 6:00pm

It seems that the Leading Actress and Leading Actor in a Play have their headings switched. Unless there's something I don't know about Angela Lansbury...

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#7re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/16/07 at 7:41pm

haha scott, i noticed that too

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#8re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/16/07 at 9:13pm

ditto what wonderfulwizard11 said...

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#9re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/17/07 at 3:34am

The results of all of these online polls are way too skewed towards Spring Awakening, but I'm not surprised. Spring Awakening fans (mostly high school and colleges students) are just more likely to seek out these polls. There are a gazillion Facebook groups for SA, but not many for Company or Grey Gardens, for instance. Most fans of Company and Grey Gardens aren't exactly the fangirly types who promote their favorite show every chance they get.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"
Updated On: 5/17/07 at 03:34 AM

sciguy
#10re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/17/07 at 11:30am

Why does everyone continue to assume that "fangirls" are responsible for all of the SA votes?Why would you also assume that most members of this board are high school and college age students? You need an e-mail address to validate the vote. Don't understand all of the negativity towards SA. I am not a fangirl. I'm a 45 year old educator who believes that SA is one of the freshest things to hit Broadway in quite some time. Obviously the Tony committee and most BWW members agree. Why continue attributing all of the SA accolades to fangirls? Many people feel SA is a great show. It will be recognized. Get over it!
BTW - I am also a huge Grey Gradens fan.

mr.scribble Profile Photo
mr.scribble
#11re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/17/07 at 4:23pm

I voted Legally Blonde for Best Musical who did you guys vote for?

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#12re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/18/07 at 9:35am

Weren't there replacement awards last year? What happened to them?

Anyways, Grey Gardens fans can still be happy because Christine is way ahead of Lea.

munkustrap178
#13re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/19/07 at 4:36pm

but the fact that Lea is in 2nd place is insane.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#14re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/19/07 at 4:59pm

Christine's still ahead of Lea, yes, and I expect she will stay that way...but I was surprised to see that Christine, who is pretty much considered the surest lock of the season, as actually winning by a lower margin in the Leading Actress category than Spring Awakening is in the Best Musical category. I can understand if most people here think SA is the best musical, but come on--that many?!

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#15re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/19/07 at 9:34pm

Spring Awakening for Best Book? Come on! It was terrible. There's nothing the moderators can do, but I wish there were. Spring Awakening simply isn't that good. We all know it's the fangirls.

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#16re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/20/07 at 2:02am

I agree with SciGuy. It is NOT the fangirls, and to say as much discredits the universal appeal and sophistication of Spring Awakening. Those who don't like SA may hate that the vast majority of people disagree with them, but that's no reason to dismiss the results. By and large, the current results of the BroadwayWorld poll are in line with the Broadway.com poll and the NY Times poll. The New York Times poll has a much stricter IP monitoring system in place which makes it impossible for anyone to vote twice from the same computer, and still Spring Awakening is ahead by leaps and bounds (It is not, however, winning Best Book at the moment).
Deal with it people, please.

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#17re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/20/07 at 2:05am

I think it's ridiculous that Lea is getting more votes than Audra and Donna.

The NYT poll can't be compared to the other ones. It's asking for people's predictions on what will win, not what is their personal favorite. A lot of Curtains, GG, and Poppins fans voted for SA because that's what they think will win. SA will still take the most votes if the question were rephrased to be like the other surveys, but not as many as it is doing now.

Updated On: 5/20/07 at 02:05 AM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#18re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/20/07 at 2:20am

Bobby, do you think there are THAT many people that think Lea Michele's performance is better than Audra's or Donna's?

I think some fans of the show are just voting for anything Spring Awakening.

And, yes, SA is winning Best Book at the moment.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
Updated On: 5/20/07 at 02:20 AM

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#19re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/20/07 at 2:38am

Also, I want to add that the complaining people aren't that bothered by SA winning best musical; SA's not my favorite and I would rather see other musicals win, but I still think it's deserving of the honor. Like Wizard said, some people are just voting for all things related to SA. I'm more bothered by the fact that SA is winning or being nominated for things in these polls that it obviously does not deserve, such as Remy Zakin for best breakthrough performance in the Broadway.com survey.

Updated On: 5/20/07 at 02:38 AM

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#20re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/22/07 at 8:40pm

Something is wrong with Best Scenic Design poll.

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#21re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/23/07 at 6:06pm

I agree that Audra and Donna should be beating Lea Michelle. All I'm saying is, if SA is leading in so many other categories, but Jonathan Groff and Lea Michelle are NOT leading, then it follows that all those other people who are not fangirls are also voting for SA in the other categories.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#22re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 5/26/07 at 9:05am

Why bother putting these polls up? The audiences are dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. At least the audiences that vote in these things are dumb. There are a few intelligent one out there. Orfeh in second place for featured actress in this? Jesus! She wasn't even good! Spring Awakening in the running for sets? What sets! Chairs and a brick wall?! Is that even a set? At least this poll isn't as ludicrious as Broadway.com's.

Edit- I guess I'm dumb. I voted. I knew someone would snidely reply to this saying "Well you voted, JV. You must me dumb." Updated On: 5/26/07 at 09:05 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#23re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 6/2/07 at 1:51pm

Done

Very split ballot . Looking forward to the results

Poster Emeritus

munkustrap178
#24re: Voting Now Open for the 2007 BroadwayWorld.com Fans' Choice Awards
Posted: 6/3/07 at 3:22pm

you can view the results now.

Videos