pixeltracker

So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?

So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?

broadwayboy1017
#1WTF! RAUL?!
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:58pm

PLEASE TELL ME HOW HE DID NOT WIN

oh god

this is horrible

he is brilliant

Yankeefan007
#1So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:58pm

I predict at least $5-10 million.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#2re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:00pm

Actually none.

I hacked into telecharge and when anyone buys a ticket to SPRING AWAKENING...they'll get one for GREY GARDENS.

As it should be.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:08pm

WAY more than it deserves.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#3re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:09pm

^ Amen to that.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

stevenycguy
#4re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:13pm

Spring Awakening, like Avenue Q, deserves all the awards it's winning.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#5re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:30pm

I will reserve judgement on "SA" until I see it next week, but "AQ" is brilliant..... I am thinking that "SA" is not.

SF055
#6re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:02am

i wouldnt say all, steven.

choreography? all they did was jump around.

Bwayfan4
#7re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 4:23am

Technicially...none. Broadway is dark on Mondays. :) But TUESDAY is another story...

C is for Company
#8re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 4:28am

I think the choreography was well woven into the design of the show and listening to Bill Jones going into some of his ideas and visions behind their movements gave me hope that the committee made the right choice. It fit the style of the show and helped unify the piece as well as making it thoroughly exciting.

Book, Lyrics, Direction, and Musical on the other hand re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?

erinrebecca
#9re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:25am

bwayfan4,

Actually, all of Broadway is NOT dark on Mondays. There are some shows which perform on Mondays, and SA is one of them! In any case, I imagine that the OP meant in advance ticket sales so dark or not, that isn't affected.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#10re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:29am

$1.49

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#11re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:49am

Not only does Spring Awakening play on Mondays, but people can call or go on to Telecharge to buy tickets. It's the advance sale that shoots up the day after the Tonys.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#12re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:15am

I dont know if it will have a huge increase. 1. The people watch that the TONYS have probably already seen it. 2. The people dont watch the TONYS every year but did this year-lets say an out of town family going on vacation will probably pick Mary Poppins or Legally Blonde of SA. I mean-i doubt they want sex and cussing promoted to their kids.

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#13re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:19am

The more important question (to me anyway) is how impossible is rush going to be now? I have not had a chance to see SA yet, and I'm getting the feeling I'll have to get there at 6am to get a rush ticket now, especially since I can only go on the weekend. Oy.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#14re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:10am

ucjr ~ Your point number 2 is excellent. And I have to wonder how many may not have gotten the extent of what the musical is about and contains and will end up getting tickets, then walking out and demanding refunds. Yet another reason they should have done ONE song as it is in the show and not a mash up of sanitized versions.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#15re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:12am

And I will stand at the BO as they're denied refunds and LAUGH! Do you research or don't complain. Plus, if anyone's offended, that's their problem. The sign in the BO says it's for over 16!

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

curly120
#16re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:29pm

I'm also wondering about the rush lines! I'll be back in NYC at the end of June and want to see it a few more times, but I was already getting there early, so now it's going to be nuts I'm sure. Any feedback from anyone who rushed this morning?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#17re: So How Much $$ Will Spring Awakening Make Tomorrow?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:37pm

Ah but telecharge says 13. Yes it has a disclaimer, but it makes it sound about as mild as a PG-13 movie, which it really isn't.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos