pixeltracker

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!

Lizzya9
#1Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:08am

funniest thing ever! <333

some may find it offensive but I thought it was great. the video on the Late Night with Conan O'Brien website will be up soon. he was on the red carpet making fun of Broadway, one example is when Triumph was talking to the representative of Donna Murphy and goes, "so, is someone else taking her shift at the Olive Garden??" LOL!! and he basically joked about how Broadway people are nobodys and that no one knows who they are. he also chatted with the cast of Spring Awakening.

(this is also in the "Conan O'Brien's Off-Broadway Shows" thread but no one is posting in it, so I made this one. this discussion can be in either thread!!)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#2re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:11am

Link?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/
Updated On: 6/13/07 at 01:11 AM

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#2re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:11am

oh it was hysterical!

"this show is the who's who of who cares.."

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#3re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:22am

Mary Poppins won Scenic Design...they were just too lazy to show it..

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#4re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:25am

I don't get the Donna Murphy/Olive Garden joke.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#5re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:26am

I found it really distasteful.

Like theatre actors don't get **** on enough. It is the hardest working and lowest paying job in entertainment. Like they need some asshole harassing them on their one night.

Conan has also been making gay/Tony jokes the last few days in his monologues.

I love watching Conan but come on. Don't be a dick.

Lizzya9
#6re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:27am

as I said in the first post, the link will be up on the official site soon. who said anything about Mary Poppins? and yes they did win one Tony. but that's not what this thread is about.

I almost forgot! he got two old matinee ladies to tongue kiss.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#7re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:30am

WonderfulWizard11, they were implying that Donna's real job is working at the Olive Garden since she is a Broadway actress. He was asking who was picking up her shift tonight.

Real nice, right?

I would love to see all the people that **** on Broadway do 8 shows a week.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#8re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:31am

Haha?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#9re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:42am

it's really a sad reality in the life of the actors but when they hit it big...they make big bucks!!!!

Lizzya9
#10re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:44am

lighten up, have a sense of humor. and that "asshole" and "dick" happens to be extremely talented. I'd like to see those Broadway actors write and perform and hour-long comedy show 5 days a week. Robert Smigel does the voice of Triumph, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to, Conan or Smigel. But both are fantastically talented and hilarious. one of the monologue jokes last night was "fans of the Sopranos were upset because no one died at the end. Coincidentally, viewers of the Tonys felt the same way". I loved it! it's just all in good fun, and I think it's healthy to make fun of yourself once in a while.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#11re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:53am

I love Conan and watch him every night I am home. I have a great sense of humor and can find it in almost anything.

But I think it was a ****ty thing to do to send the insult dog to the Tony red carpet. It wasn't enough to make gay jokes all week about the Tonys? He had to insult Broadway actors and make them feel like nobodies on the red carpet? Make theatre seem like a joke to America even more. Sorry if I don't find it funny.

amalou Profile Photo
amalou
#12re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:00am

Broadway's doing fine. I don't think a talking dog puppet is going to shift America's view of Broadway one way or the other.

"But I can tell you that Raoul, who was so handsome in "The Phantom," is now a drunken wreck."

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#13re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:06am

I thought it was hilarious. I love how the Gaydar exploded.

It's just supposed to be funny. He didn't mean any of those things personally.

#14re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:11am

I thought it was absolutely hysterical and inappropriate in the most delightful way, as Triumph always is.

My favorite quotes were about how watching the red carpet at the Tonys was like the "who's who of who cares" and how there are exactly three people watching the broadcast, one of whom is in the hospital bed and can't reach the button on the remote.

retrogirl44 Profile Photo
retrogirl44
#15re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:42am

oh, come on ! It's called comedy...have you ever seen the classic "Triumph"..at the opening of Star Wars at the Ziegfeld??

eatlasagna
#16re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 4:07am

i will second that... triumph making fun of the star wars fans was freaking fantastic!!!!!!! i mean sometimes they can go too far with all the jokes, but come on... it's all in good fun...

FindingNamo
#17re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 9:40am

Kyle, come on.

1) Were the gay jokes accurate?

2) At least the Tonys are still borderline relevant enough for Triumph to show up.

3) You're reacting like the jokes were about you personally and are responding as if you know what Triumph said is partially true.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#18re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 9:52am

Quite tragic when people don't have a sense-of-humor about anything -- themselves, their religion, their sexual preference, their lives.

I've been fortunate to have missed this genetic disorder. I find humor in EVERYTHING, which is why I live a stress-free life. I don't take ANYTHING personal and I see everything in everyone else's eyes.

I'm quite sure Donna Murphy LOVED that little Olive Garden joke. Though it really doesn't apply to her, there is so much truth in that joke. Just ask TR Knight who was still working at his job at Bed, Bath & Beyond while working on Broadway in the recent revival of NOISES OFF.

In the words of the ole great Bette Midler: "...f*ck 'em if they can't take a joke!"

Kringas
#19re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 9:53am

It is the hardest working and lowest paying job in entertainment.

Nope. Not true on either count.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#20re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 9:55am

Um, is there a link anywhere?

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#21re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 10:02am

Darn, I really want to see a clip of this! I love Triumph.

Kringas
#22re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 10:06am

Maybe now people will stop talking sh*t about Olive Garden since a Tony award winning actress works there.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#23re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 10:16am

Haha! No Kringas, it's still s***.

Kringas
#24re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:25am

Does anyone know which Olive Garden she works at? I'd love her to be my server the next time I'm in NYC.

Videos