MungoGypsy8232
#50re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:52pm

and that show would be?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#51re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:09pm

She will be doing a show called "The Black Suits" for MCC.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#52re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:20pm

I like Krysta just fine, but if she is really that much better why wasn't she cast in one of the roles instead of just being an understudy? That seems like strange logic to me.

I don't know if you're aware, but being a Swing in a Broadway show is very much a double-edged sword. On one hand, people see that you're amazing and capable of so much because you're able to play a variety of roles on a moment's notice, so that really works in your favour. But on the other hand, if you get a good rep for being an awesome Swing, then other casting people are going to want you to Swing for them too, and it can be VERY difficult to break out into a leading role.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#53re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:23pm

alright now I don't want to put words into Becoz's mouth but how I took it and how I feel is that it's gonna be a bit sad for the fans of Spring Awakening to not see her SL every night rocking it out. I think that yes, obviously she can be easily replaced. There were thousands of kids at the last round of auditions. IMO there is a bit of a difference between Krysta and the other swings on Broadway in that Krysta is yes a swing but she's also onstage every night and IN the show. She's a cast memeber and one thing that I love about Spring Awakening is that they publicly (sp?) acknowledge their Swings just as much as their cast. They are their cast (ie: performing on the Tony Awards, Virgin Records, The View) Fans in turn look at them just the same as the cast or at least this fan does. Again, not saying that Krysta is a "better" swing than anyone else on Broadway just that the swings in Spring have a different relationship with fans and audience simply from the way they are represented in the show and offstage. I was actually really bummed to hear that Krysta will be leaving so early but she's amazing and deserves this bigger role and am thrilled to see that she has a lot more coming up in the future. She's the sweetest girl at the stagedoor and clearly has a lot of people that notice her even when she's just seated onstage. I don't think that this thread was in any way un needed. As most people on here say: Don't read or post if you don't care. I wouldn't have minded at all if anyone had made a thread on Maureen Moore leaving Grey Gardens. And while I think Foster might have been a little bit overboard here on this particular thread you know what he's talking about. We love our Krysta so please just let us have our thread.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 03:23 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#54re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 5:50pm

Aww, congratulations to her! She's leaving one of my favorite shows and going into another.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#55re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 5:51pm

Damn, I can't say anything without it being commented and nitpicked at. If anyone else had said that comment had been made by someone else no one would have said anything.

Hmmm.

And IMO? She won't be hard to replace. It's nice to see someone in this cast go on to something bigger and better, though.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#56re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 5:56pm

The song "Blue Hair" from "The Black Suits" is a great number. I hope Rodriguez will play the character that sings it (as she'd do well by it.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#57re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:01pm

Almost all of the girls from Spring Awakening were at the call back for The Black Suits, so I'm glad Krysta got it.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

2wicked2be4good
#58re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 10:32am

Krysta is amazing, and deserves everything positive she gets. Bebe will be a great role for her, and ACL will really be able to showcase her talent.

I think it would be nice to try to get over whatever issues anyone has with Spring Awakening, or Krysta and just be happy that she landed a lead in a wonderful show! Think of how much more exposure she'll get! Be happy for her!

MungoGypsy8232
#59re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:21am

I've yet to see A Chorus Line, so pardon me when I ask how big of a part Bebe is?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#60re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:28am

"Speaking of which, remind me to make new threads every time an ensemble member leaves. I'm sure the rest of BWW won't mind in the least bit at the near-daily occurrence."

It's not like Krysta is simply leaving because her contract is up. She's moving on to another project where she will have a slightly more noticable role. What's wrong with making a post about it?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#61re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:35am

The post is more to inform everyone about who will be taking on a lead in A CHORUS LINE.

It happens to be that she is leaving SPRING AWAKENING at the same time.

Chillax guys.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#62re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:43am

I like Krysta just fine, but if she is really that much better why wasn't she cast in one of the roles instead of just being an understudy? That seems like strange logic to me.

To add to what Weez said, I just want to point out that the standbys for SPRING AWAKENING were cast FOR the Broadway production. The Off-Broadway production did not have standbys/understudies/ensemble members singing onstage. That was an addition for the Broadway production. With the exception of the two adult performers, the Off-Broadway cast remained exactly the same from the Atlantic to Broadway, so someone like Krysta was not considered for a lead. Those parts had already been cast when she was auditioned.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#63re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 12:28pm

awww. =(
i liked her.
i wish her well though, she is a very talented performer. i think it's great someone has picked her up for another show!

good luck krysta!

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#64re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 9:16pm

This will be Krysta's third Broadway show. She was also in Good Vibrations. Glad she will now have a role she can own.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 6/24/07 at 09:16 PM

bklynqt19862
#65re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:17pm

I was very sad to hear that Krysta is leaving but I'm sure she'll be great in ACL and I wish her all the best! Has anyone heard anything about her replacement? Is Frances going to be sitting in her chair when she leaves?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#66re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:58pm

Bebe is a lesser supporting role. Her main contribution is being one of the trio singing At the Ballet. But like the rest of the dancers, she's onstage nearly the entire show.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Laurhearts SA Profile Photo
Laurhearts SA
#67re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/25/07 at 11:56am

This saddens me. re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening But, her being in A Chorus Line is interesting to me. As others have said, I wasn't aware of her dancing abilities.

I think Krysta is a very good swing, but there is a lot of talent out there and I think they will replace her someone just as good. I wish her lots of luck.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#69re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/26/07 at 5:20pm

Look on the bright side, at least she'll be able to do "real" Tony award winning choreography now.

scooter38432 Profile Photo
scooter38432
#70re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/26/07 at 5:21pm

That's great that she got another role, but I'm shocked, actually.

I saw her play Lauren Pritchard's role in SA and she left me completely cold. Made absolutely no impression on me whatsoever.

Itty Bitty Geisha? Toyland? Gypsy Pasadoble? Just a few popular favorites...

TapTapTapioca
#71re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/27/07 at 1:29am

Tapioca, have you ever SEEN Krysta on stage?

Of course I have, if I hadn't I would not have been commenting on her.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#72re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/28/07 at 9:00pm

I agree with Skittles. Ensemble members leave shows all the time, how is this a bigger deal than any other ensemble member leaving? And to all the SPRING AWAKENING fans who are upset over this, people move on to bigger and better things. And it's not as if she's leaving for the sake of leaving, or leaving and disappearing into the Broadway Abyss. She's leaving to portray a role that nobody's ever seen her in before. Mayhaps a chance to see her diversity? So go see her in that. I say good for her for being the first to leave the show and see beyond SPRING AWAKENING.
Updated On: 6/28/07 at 09:00 PM

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#73re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/30/07 at 9:02am

has this been announced officially yet. I know she's leaving for sure...but has it been announced?

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#74re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/30/07 at 9:14am

Maybe it's just an unfortunately titled thread. Would people have been as bitchy if it was "Krysta Rodriguez is next Bebe in ACL"? I somehow doubt it. ^_^

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#75re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/30/07 at 10:51am

Lizzie C. and Weez have the best avatars