pixeltracker

next up for the RICHARD ROGERS?- Page 2

next up for the RICHARD ROGERS?

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#25re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:26am

granted I've never been inside the Richard Rodgers theatre I think the Barrymore would be more suited for "In the Heights"

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#26re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:29am

I think IN THE HEIGHTS won't fare well on Broadway.

It'll probably get decent reviews but won't generate enough interest.

I give it six months.

I could be wrong. But, I doubt it.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#27re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:37am

I don't know. With some revisions and rewrites, I think it could do well. After the performance I saw, which included a racially and ethinicaly diverse audience, everyone was on their feet cheering and applauding ethusatically for the performers. I haven't seen that in a while off or on broadway. I think it has a lot of potential but how it's promoted will have alot to do with its success. I hope they have alot of student programs (rush, lotto) and that they gear their promotion towards the Latino poulation as well as average theater goers and of coursetourists.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

MungoGypsy8232
#28re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:40am

In the Heights seems most logical to me as well. It's too early for an "A Catered Affair" because that's set for the spring. South Pacific has the Vivian Beaumont. Treasure Island has the Belasco. It could be 13, Glorious Ones, or Guys and Dolls, but I seriously doubt it. This could very well be the fall '07 Broadway opening earlier stated by 9 to 5.

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#29re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:06pm

I just love that Disney got burned, and I love that Tarzan is closing 30 days before Beauty, and it's such short notice.

Tarzan is closing only 2 weeks before B&TB.

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#30re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:09pm

Student rushes and lottos are good for word of mouth, bu they don't make $$. They need to worry about catching the tourist audience. Look what happened to Company.

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

Thesbijean
#31re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 1:21pm

Glorious Ones is going to be Off-Broadway at the Newhouse at LCT.

A Catered Affair has the Kerr.

Guys and Dolls OR Cry Baby is going to take the St. James

I think In The Heights will nab the Rodgers.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#32re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 1:25pm

Don't kick out Grey Gardens it. It's doing better.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#33re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 1:46pm

Broadwaybound, it was supposed to be a 20, not a 30. Typo, sorry.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#34re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 1:56pm

Anyone think Movin' Out would still have been running now if Tarzan hadn't kicked it out of the Richard Rodgers whilst it was still profitable?

MungoGypsy8232
#35re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 1:57pm

They arn't kicking out Grey Gardens. I was under the impression that Grey Gardens would be closing soonish for the London mounting to debut this season.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#36re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:03pm

Grey Gardens will likely close with Ebersole. "A Catered Affair" is definitely lined up for the Kerr.

The producers of "In the Heights" had their fingers crossed that "Tarzan" would close because they really wanted the Rodgers. I would be willing to bet money that the Rodgers is where it ends up.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

timote316
#37re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:07pm

I forgot about 13. Interesting.

MungoGypsy8232
#38re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:11pm

Sorry, I thought I read somewhere that Glorious Ones was having a Broadway transfer after the Off-Broadway mounting.

Does anyone know if 13 is opening THIS season or NEXT season? I think it's next based off this article, but I don't know if I'm reading it wrong because I sometimes do that.
link

MungoGypsy8232
#39re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:20pm

And what about the plays:
The Seafarer
Farnsworth Invention
November
Coastal Disturbances

They have been giving a date for previews and openings, but no theatre. While I find it EXTREMELY unlikely they will take over the theatre, I don't want to rule it out as a possibility.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#40re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:25pm

About Follies-I have it on really good authority they're TRYING to get it done with Victoria Clark and Donna Murphy. (We all know Victor Garbor won't do it, but the two ladies are interested.)

In the Heights is looking for a small theater, don't know quite how big the Rodgers is. (I know someone who works for the show and they told me a list of theaters they'd considered. Can't say the Rodgers came up.)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#41re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:30pm

About Follies-I have it on really good authority they're TRYING to get it done with Victoria Clark and Donna Murphy. (We all know Victor Garbor won't do it, but the two ladies are interested.)

I love the man, but with specific reference to this remark: DAMN YOU VICTOR GARBER! I would totally have upset my credit card company and come back to New York for a 'Follies' with Victor Garber. re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?

Isn't '13' meant to be sometime in the spring of this 2007/2008 season?

Born To Reign
#42re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:45pm

Rodgers is about 1400 seats. I think In the Heights should shoot for one of the (many) houses that sits right in between 1000-1100 seats

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#43re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:56pm

Well, Victor Garber has said repeatedly that he is not interested in doing a long run in a Broadway show. Plus, his pilot got picked up for midseason. From what I've heard around the block, Murphy seems to be quite a factor in the transfer and she is interested, I suppose any kind of deal will be made or broken after LOVEMUSIK ends its run tomorrow.
I suspect IN THE HEIGHTS will be taking the Richard Rodgers or perhaps A CATERED AFFAIR if GREY GARDENS manages to get a star to replace Ebersole and decides to stay open through the fall.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Roscoe
#44re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 4:32pm

How about a total renovation so that the view from the rear orchestra isn't so obstructed.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#45re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 4:48pm

Does 13 have an announced theatre yet?
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 04:48 PM

Born To Reign
#46re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 4:52pm

A Catered Affair won't take the Rodgers. It's going into a Jujamcyn house.

COOOOLkid
#47re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 4:57pm

Oh god... 13 shouldn't transfer to Broadway.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Born To Reign
#48re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 5:08pm

...says the man with the Carrie avatar

re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS? j/k

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#49re: next up for the RICHARD RODGERS?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:09pm

Remember that the Rodgers is in a pretty desirable location. First of all, it's right off the main drag of Times Square. Secondly, it's right next to both the Marquis hotel where many tourists stay, as well as the TKTS booth. Thirdly, it's right across the street from where The Little Mermaid will be. That show will bring in a ton of families to see, and people will notice what's sitting across the street and tell their friends. Word of mouth is important in the business. I wouldn't be surprised if In the Heights goes for the Barrymore instead since it's slightly smaller, but I think there is going to be a slew of producers who want to put their respective shows in the Rodgers for the fall/winter.