pixeltracker

Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of

Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#1Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:55am

What is you current Cast Recording addiction? Is there one you've listened to so much that now you're sick of it?

My current addiction is Hairspray (for the 3rd time). I'm also addicted to the Company Revival recording.

I'm very sick of Legally Blonde. I listened to it twice, then on half way through the third I got tired of it. Even before it's been released!

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#2re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:06pm

When I get addicted to a cd I play it a lot more than 2 or 3 times. It's on non-stop for weeks and sometimes months. The last one I burned out on was Grey Gardens.

When I do get tired of various recordings I usually still play them every so often anyway though.

....but the world goes 'round

bonbon Profile Photo
bonbon
#2re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 1:48pm

Addictions I suppose would be RENT, The Last 5 Years, Wicked, and Hair. I can listen to those ANY time.
I guess I get sick of listening to Avenue Q sometimes. Like it's fun, but after a while it gets less amusing. I think maybe I'd appreciate it more if I saw it live, but I'm not a big fan of puppets...

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#3re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:32pm

I also got burned out on Grey Gardens.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:44pm

I am a bit burned out on Spring Awakening. I am sure I will be burned out soon on The Light in the Piazza. I just started listening to it and can't get enough of it. Really wish I had seen it when I had the chance.

Just give the world Love.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#5re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:46pm

Oh, I got extremely burned out on PIAZZA. Now, even though I am still completely in love with it, I rarely listen to it.

Now, I am splitting my obsession between GREY GARDENS and SPRING AWAKENING. I am also really into SPELLING BEE and DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS right now. My iPod gets a lot of play!

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#6re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:46pm

Avenue Q gets annoying after a while.

It's always nice to get burned out on a recording, not listen to it for a while, then fall in love with it all over again. It's almost better than buying a new one.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

MerMaggieGalinda
#7re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:47pm

Since I got it in January, I'm still not burned out on Spring Awakening. I'm sure it'll happen soon enough though.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#8re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:48pm

I am getting a bit burnt out on Passion. I now tend to skip over quite a few songs.

I can listen to L5Y and Into The Woods anytime and not get tired of them.

timrobb
#9re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:35pm

i think i am done with wicked for a bit. i still enjoy popping rent and the boy from oz in for a good loud jam session while driving :)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#10re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:42pm

Addicted to = Legally Blonde

Burnt out on = Spring Awakening

ohjohnny Profile Photo
ohjohnny
#11re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:44pm

You know how your iPod tells you how many times you've listened to your songs? Well, if I put them in ascending order, I've listened to the 1954 Cast recording of Pajama Game 128 times, the 1973 Angela Lansbury Gypsy 122 times, and the next one down is the 1956 Film recording of King & I at 79 times. And I've only been counting since July 9th of last year. I keep waiting for something to overtake those, but the closest I've come on recent stuff is Grey Gardens. Of those, I've only burnt out on Pajama Game.

travtrev2 Profile Photo
travtrev2
#12re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:59pm

yay: sweeney revival / piazza

nay: wicked / legally blonde

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#13re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 5:24pm

The number of times I listened to the Rent album as a younger woman, defy logic. My boyfriend at the time was so sick of listening to the recording, he bought me a CD walkman, which was niiice. I couldn't get enough of the music. These days, I don't remember the last time I listened all the way through. I cannot listen to those voice mail sequences without twitching a little. Right now, I'm doing some excessive listening to Legally Blonde, Gypsy (OBC), Skinner/Ripley at Town Hall and Emily Skinner's solo album. Her "Lazy Afternoon" from The Golden Apple is sublime. I cannot get enough.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#14re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 5:35pm

me too. I burnt myself out on Rent.

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#15re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 5:36pm

I find that if I listen to The Last 5 Years, I'll almost always go back and listen a second time immediately. I'm burnt out on Hairspray, the Hedwig OCR, and Nine

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#16re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:30pm

Currently addicted to 'Floyd Collins'.

Currently burnt out on... well, "burnt out" is a little harsh, but addictions prior to this one that have subsequently fallen by the wayside for the time being include 'Assassins' (both recordings), 'Company' (revival), 'Jekyll And Hyde' (1994 concept cast recording). I'll get back to them eventually though, I tend to obsess in cycles. :3

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#17re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:37pm

addicted to:
spring awakening
the light in the piazza
songs for a new world

sick of:
wicked
brigadoon
dirty rotten scoudrels
high school musical [i work at a summer camp..]

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#18re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:43pm

current addictions:
the who's tommy
evita

burnt out:
spring awakening
wicked (i haven't listened to it in a long time, pulled it out the other day, listened to 'defying gravity' and then put it back because that was all i can stomach)

will always be good to me:
hedwig and the angry inch
the rocky horror show
dreamgirls

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#19re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:54pm

Addicted to:

Legally Blonde
All Shook Up [seeing Cheyenne in XANADU made me wanna go back to his roots.]
Hairspray [the Original Broadway Cast Recording and The Movie Recording]

Burnt Out:
Fame Becomes Me
Dreamgirls
Spelling Bee

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#20re: Cast Recording Addictions/ Cast Recordings you're sick of
Posted: 7/14/07 at 9:46pm

Addicted:
Hairspray (movie)
Spring Awakening
Wedding Singer
Curtains

Burnt out:
Rent (I can't even look at it anymore!)
Drowsy Chaperone