Little mermaid!

notsovirginmary Profile Photo
notsovirginmary
#25re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 12:18am

I'll be going 8/15. I'm praying SRS is in.

"A wonky eye, you've got my friend."

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#26re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 1:03am

Tomorrow are the previews. I sure wish I could go! re: Little mermaid!

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#27re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 1:26am

I'd like to go later in the run, after it officially opens, to see how it changes. I'll have to see if anything is available...

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#28re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 1:38am

Word from the cast is they are under rehearsed
and ActII has not even been run thru
But it looks great.
as I have said
could be
TARZAN re deux.

Rose_MacShane
#29re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 1:44am

...and you heard this exactly where?

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#30re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 1:51am

"the cast" said it, apparently!

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#31re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 2:07am

I highly doubt Act II wouldn't have been run through with only, what, one day left?

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#32re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:23am

Yes one day left. They start tomorrow I believe. If anyone goes to the first previews, please give reviews. I'm eager to know what it's like as it's my favorite film, and what it looks like as musical by Disney :)
Updated On: 7/25/07 at 04:23 AM

cudramacat
#33re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 9:07am

I'm soooo excited about this show! I am also pretty envious of those of you going to the previews in Denver but I have tickets to see it NYC on Jan 2....praying SRS will be in but even so I can't wait to see it:)

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 7/25/07 at 09:07 AM

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#34re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 9:32am

Please CurtainPullDOwner, You are a Disney hater on this board. Don't let me have to point out. Certain posts you have made. So please keep the negativity to yourself...............thanks

Rose_MacShane
#35re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:37am

One more day...I am indecently excited for tomorrow. And I promise, I will write a review!

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#36re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 1:39pm

I cant wait to see it in Nov.
Updated On: 7/25/07 at 01:39 PM

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#37re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 1:44pm

Rose, you're seeing it today? I can't wait for your review.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Rose_MacShane
#38re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 3:39pm

It doesn't open until tomorrow. Although I had to check the paper to be sure...

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#39re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 6:38pm

Sierra Boggess has a picture on her MySpace of her in a red wig which I assume is her Ariel wig. myspace.com/sierraboggess...It's very pretty but I have some issues with it.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#40re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 6:48pm

It's not uncommon for a show to not go all the way through without stopping before previews begin. Even in previews there are technical elements that have been known to stop the show. Hell, even after the run begins!

But just because there are technical bugs to work out doesn't mean the show will be awful. The tech stuff may either be a hinderance or an amazing compliment to the show.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

misschung
#41re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 7:21pm

It's very pretty but I have some issues with it.

Like what?

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#42re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 7:42pm

Chung, I suspected that the wig would be more of an orange "real life" color than the true red she has in the movie. Maybe they thought that an actual person wouldn't look good with real red hair? So that bugs me...And the curls are beautiful but her hair isn't curly in the movie -- they did the same thing with Belle's wig in the Broadway show. If that's not picky enough, I don't think the wig is long enough.

However, it's okay for something to be different than the original and I think the characters will look just as good...I suppose I was hoping (or assuming) they would give her the same 50 pounds of 5-foot long fire-engine red hair as she has in the film. :p

MerMaggieGalinda
#43re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 7:46pm

I think she'd look kind of silly with hair exactly like how it is in the movie, it wouldn't look natural. I like the new wig though, the curls are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the full costume!

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#44re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 7:51pm

If she had the same hair as the Ariel in the film, she would look HORRIBLE.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Rose_MacShane
#45re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 7:52pm

If that is the wig she wears for the show, I like it. I prefer a more natural red to the more cartoony ketchup-colored hair she has in the movie. Also, I think it would be very hard for her to dance without the hair being kept back somehow. I'm interested in what the wig weighs. Those things can be very heavy...

overthemoonboy
#46re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 7:56pm

I love the wig... it's probably so freaking expensive too. And look behind her through the doorway!! It looks like her dresser working on her pants or something!

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#47re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:02pm

re: Little mermaid!

You're right!

I think the green and blue thing in the black bag may be her tail!?

overthemoonboy
#48re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:10pm

Ooh child, this is getting exciting!

misschung
#49re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:11pm

I see what you mean, caitlin. I just have NO idea what to expect from this production as a whole. I can't wait to see what they all look like in full costume on stage, though. I actually like the hair with the long curls. Are you saying it doesnt look striking enough, since the movie Ariel had that really, really red hair that was almost like her signature? Maybe part of their motivation was that it will be easy to transform her from the "mermaid" Ariel to the human Ariel with this hair style? I dont know. Also, they have made it clear that the musical won't
Rose - As far as I know, wigs typically don't weight that much anymore.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
Updated On: 7/25/07 at 08:11 PM

Videos