Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#1Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 6:16pm

Lucas Grabeel of HSM and HSM2 was actually enjoyable in both movies. He seems to have the most natural talent of the bunch. I really like his voice, wish they used it more. He can dance too. Do you think he could make it on Broadway? If so any suggestions of roles/shows?

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#2re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 6:35pm

Very funny. I know HSM is touring, but I don't think it is Broadway Bound- or at least I hope not. I just like Lucas' voice and think he is only one in those movies with potential for Broadway. I don't really see a Hollywood movie careeer in his future and don't think he has the right type of voice or presence to be a pop star.

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#3re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 6:40pm

I heart you tobiasragg lol

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#4re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 6:45pm

hmmm...I agree that he could do musical theatre. I am not sure though that he is ready for Broadway quite yet, maybe in a few years his acting I thought was a little underwhelming but I could see him maybe pulling off Bye Bye Birdie, Hairspray, or something like that needs a lot of teenage talent

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

gypsy4
#5re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:08pm

i could see him as corny or one of the nicest kids in hairspray
or a character in rent he has the voice

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#6re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 8:10pm

He'd be great. It would also be smart stunt casting to throw him in a show.

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#7re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 8:13pm

As much as I don't like HSM, I do like him. I think he needs to start with some low-profile roles, but yes, I think he has the talent.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

MerMaggieGalinda
#8re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 8:13pm

Didn't he try out for Link too in the Hairspray movie? Maybe he could play him on stage.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#9re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 8:42pm

Maybe Mark in Rent? Or...like Wicked needs it...Fiyero?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

#10re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 8:44pm

He is definately a good stunt caster... He has talent, and he's famous. Imagine how many tickets would sell if fangirls knew he was in a show.

snl89
#11re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 12:02am

Lucas is definitely THE most talented person in the HSM cast, and he would do really really well on broadway I think :) And I could see him in a lot of parts. Link is one of them (although I really REALLY want Zac Efron to do it on Broadway. I truly believe he DOES have the talent for it). And I could def see him as Mark, and prob as Fiyero too!

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

TheFriarsDruggist Profile Photo
TheFriarsDruggist
#12re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 12:58am

He's really talented...And there's a lot I could see him doing really well with. I could see him as Link in Hairspray, Simba in The Lion King, Fiyero in Wicked, or either of the main guys in Legally Blonde. To name a few.

Also, if they ever make Hercules into a stage show, he needs to play the teenage Hercules.

OR...If they REALLY want to bring in the Disney fangirls(and fangays), cast him and Corbin Bleu together as Flotsam & Jetsam in The Little Mermaid.

"I am the Phantom of the Opera! I'm the gayest supervillian ever! OoooOOOooooOOOoooh...Beware of my scented candles...OoooOOOooooh...Scented!"

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#13re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 1:43am

i agree lucas will be awesome on broadway. i was flipping back and forth from the LLWS and HSM2 .....ryan and gabrielle looked cute together. too bad vanessa isnot with him. Ashley will be good on broadway but she has suite life of zach and cody going on.
Corbin will be a great seaweed in hairspray.

MungoGypsy8232
#14re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 1:48am

I don't think Corbin has the voice for Seaweed. The dancing ability, yes, but as of right now, I don't see the vocal strength.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#15re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 1:54am

true now thinking of it. at least he has a show filming right now. lucas was the one who kept the crowd up at the hsm concert...hes a triple threat.

MerMaggieGalinda
#16re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 1:59am

"Ashley will be good on broadway"

No. If she can't sing well even when her voice is all computerized, how can she sing well live 8 performances a week?

MungoGypsy8232
#17re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 2:01am

I'd like to see Lucas be the first HSM lead alum to go to Broadway. Stunt casting gets thrown around a lot like it's a negative concept, but I'm not sure if I'd even consider that stunt casting since he's a very capable performer. It does seem Hairspray has become the new stunt-caster show as of late, usurping that title from Chicago. Not that Lucas is gonna be Corny, not yet at least. As long as Lucas comes to Broadway before the lackluster Vanessa Hudgens does I'm good.

MungoGypsy8232
#18re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 2:03am

MerMaggieGalinda, all the voices were computerized and it's not very flattering. You gotta take that into account.

Ensemble
#19re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 2:17am

I agree that Lucas is the most likely of the HSM crew to make it on Broadway (in a few years). None of the girls seemed especially talented imo and he stood out as a musical theater type from the beginning. I think Lucas could do well as any of the male characters in "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" because he has the 'cute' thing going for him and has the young voice. He could also probably do Barnaby in "Hello Dolly" because he is such a great dancer.

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#20re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 3:06am

I agree with MerMaggieGalinda, I don't think Ashley's voice was very good in either movie. HSM wasn't as computerized, synthesized either. Her voice just isn't very strong. However there have been other performers that were on Broadway that didn't really have strong voices either, so you never know. Personally I think Lucas is the only one with voice strong enough for Broadway, and he is a pretty good dancer too. He has the best chance to make it on talent. I think he is well suited for musical theatre vs tv and film.

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#21re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 9:59am

Yeah, I have Ashley Tisdale's (haha) album and it's just OK. It sounds very computerized and a little Britney Spearsish. I still like the songs though! As much as I love her, she would NEVER survive. BUT, Haley Duff was Amber on Broadway and her voice isn't all too special. Perhaps she could do that?

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#22re: Lucas Grabeel on Broadway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 11:08am

Lucas was definitely the most talented in those movies. I would love to see him go to Broadway!

::bust a move::

Videos