pixeltracker

LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...

LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#1LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 12:50pm

...they definately look good. Short clips of the goings on backstage. Here's hoping they include some of this during the intermission portion or before and after the show.

Quite upset with the VMA-type crane shots for the filming, so hopefully these backstage moments add to it.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#2re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 12:54pm

I cant wait ...5 more minutes re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...

ohjustjake
#2re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 12:56pm

I loved the shot that they have of the stage crew running backstage with a piece of scenery. I really hope that they include these shots a lot because I like to see what it takes backstage.

iluvtheatertrash
#3re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:09pm

The audience makes this almost unwatchable. They should've filmed this in a silent house with applause at the end of each number. The constant fangirl screeching really ruins each moment.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

shesamarshmallow
#4re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:10pm

It was worse live - at least on the broadcast you're getting sound through the soundboard. Half of the time you couldn't hear what was happening onstage over the audience. re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

#5re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:10pm

A lot of the applause and screaming was inserted after the filming, actually. The audience was certainly more enthusiastic than your average theatre crowd, but they didn't hoot and howl after every single line.

ETA: Hah. I just mainly remember the screaming at the beginning of the show and after every song. Maybe some of it had to do with where you were sitting. Updated On: 10/13/07 at 01:10 PM

shesamarshmallow
#6re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:13pm

I think what weirds me out most about the swooping shots and any moving cameras is that it gives the Hitchcock Vertigo effect of distorting the perspective. It's freaking me out.

Also, you're right about them adding in some screams - some of them cut out way too cleanly to have been real.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway
Updated On: 10/13/07 at 01:13 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#7re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:15pm

It's so funny how wide the Palace stage is and how any full-stage shots look absolutely ridiculous and distorted.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#8re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:24pm

For what it's worth -- I have to give kudos to MTV for doing a pretty damn good job filming this. I was expected continuous VMA-type crane shots and they're actually being used appropriately. The show was captured well, though those screaming girls should have been subdued a bit.

Got word earlier that it will be broadcast on MHD (yes...IN high definition!). Just no word yet on where they're going to start airing.

Ugh! Commercial breaks?! Well...too much of a good thing is asking alot. re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#9re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:25pm

Thank God I am taping it

I will transfer it to DVD & edit out the commercials

Poster Emeritus

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#10re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:28pm

I'm just cutting my recording every time a commercial happens. Lameeeeee.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#11re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:33pm

Damn you, East Coasters. 1 1/2 more hours to go!

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#12re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:59pm

Huh? It is on at the same time in the West Coast. Tivo ing. But those worn out hussys they have interviewing everyone and commenting are dreadful.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#13re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 2:05pm

"Huh? It is on at the same time in the West Coast. Tivo ing."

it's only on same time on the west coast if you have satellite or your cable company takes the east coast feed of MTV.

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#14re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 2:19pm

Yeah, it would be starting at the same time if it was on at 10 here.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

iluvtheatertrash
#15re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 2:20pm

Yeah, those two idiots "hosting" it are the dumbest girls I've ever seen in my life.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#16re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 2:28pm

I'm shocked they didn't dub her final note.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#17re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 2:29pm

Is this going to be put on DVD? I can't tape it or see it today but want to. Hopefully they won't pull a "Light in the Piazza" and not put it out.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#18re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 3:22pm

The applause is definitely more than what it usually is. Opening night was crazy, but not like that. This broadcast has too much.

::bust a move::

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#19re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 5:37pm

Is it really that annoying? I think it makes the show feel more alive and less like a museum piece and it's not like this is high art... it's the sort of show that really benefits from an enthusiastic audience.

I think it would be nice to have an alternative version without the screaming and clapping but for the sake of the broadcast, it helps sell the show.

yr ronin,
joey

broadwaybaby086
#20re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 5:47pm

It won't be put on DVD.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#21re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 7:11pm

I didn't think the laughing and applause was really all that much. It made the show more exciting and it was never really out of place. It was just there for the big production numbers and the big laughs and was nonexistent at times when it would have been inappropriate like the first "Legally Blonde" between Elle and Emmett. I know the Emmys are far, far away, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a nod for editing and or whatever the camera work is called.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#22re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 7:17pm

I agree, the laughing and screaming didn't phase me; if anything, it added way more energy to the show and I liked that!

gypsy4
#23re: LEGALLY BLONDE lead-in promos already started and...
Posted: 10/13/07 at 7:27pm

the screaming shows how much people really apreciate the show and broadway.

Videos