Didn't see any threads on this...
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112100.html

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"
Updated On: 10/22/07 at 02:19 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 2:20pm

There've been a few mentions, but not with the link.

Also, his FAQ keeps changing...keep an eye out. re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#2re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 2:22pm

Right...if you read the article, it says that he'll give his last performance before Thanksgiving, and that the likely date of departure will be 11/21.
So do we think Longoria will be bumped up to full time?
Will Hoff and Spencer be exiting soon also?

LizzieCurry
#3re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 2:24pm

I DID read the article. re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21

People seem to love Longoria as Joey and that he might stay there since he's the epitome of the role...or something... re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21 I thought he was really good, but it's not like the Joey track makes or breaks the show. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Longoria/Spector combo.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#4re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 2:34pm

Oops..I wasn't insinuating that you didn't read the article. re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21

What about a 4/4 split for Frankie. If there was ever a role that demanded it, this could be it. Could one of the tour Frankies be bumped to Broadway? Hmmm.

LizzieCurry
#5re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 2:42pm

If there was ever a role that demanded it, this could be it.

Well, the 6/2 thing seems to have worked out so far, but I do agree with that.

JLY said Jarrod was his favorite Frankie. I'm not saying this is all PR (Jarrod's a lot of people's favorite Frankies), but if they were considering bumping up Jarrod to Broadway, it's a smart thing to have JLY say that.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#6re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 3:07pm

As Lizzie said, this has been mentioned in other threads before :).

I'd love to see Travis Cloer or Jarrod take over. I've never Travis as Frankie, but have heard his demo (and him sing "Candy Girl" live, which was a-freakin-mazing), and have only seen clips of Jarrod, but I really think that either one of them would be wonderful. Michael is great as Joey, and though I hate to say it, not the best Frankie.

Also keep in mind that should JLY miss a day, a day is added on to his departure. If he misses two days between then and now, his last show will be on the 23rd.

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#7re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 3:19pm

I hope he misses 3 b/c I have tickets for that Saturday night right after Thanksgiving! I can't believe I am missing him by 2 performances!

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#8re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 5:44pm

Travis is an amazing Frankie I hope he is the alternate. I really want to see Jarrod's Frankie. Popular_Elphie, I completely agree with you about Michael, as much as I love him.

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#9re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 7:39pm

While speaking to John Lloyd Young last night, I did not even want to mention his leaving at the BC/EFA event. We discussed his support of my son's upcoming HS play instead..... There was one person of interest that we all wondered about and his name is Eric Schneider. Since I'm not a regular fan of the OBC, but enjoy watching them via teaser on TV, the East Coast regulars (kudos to them because they have 365 day a year sellouts, minus the dark Mondays!!!!!) started talking about Eric and I even thought he was a "Frankie" while he stood next to JLY, Frankie Valli, Travis and Michael.

We'll soon see who takes his place! I believe it would be someone already "on Broadway".

ThankstoPhantom
#10re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 7:43pm

My question...why is he leaving on a Wednesday? Seems odd to exit a role midweek that he's been playing for over two years. ::shrugs:: I am sure there is a reason. But it shouldn't matter when you leave anyway. A last day is a last day. It's incredible how long he's been with the show, good for him!

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

worrell4077
#11re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 8:14pm

I remember reading somewhere that Chris Jones has an interest in being the next Frankie on Broadway, but I'm really hoping that Michael takes over for JLY and that Travis takes over for Michael as Pesci and the Frankie alternate.

Incase you didn't know, JLY is going to be in concert next February. I'm hoping to get tickets to it.

wicked_mimi
#12re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 10:37pm

I believe he is leaving midweek because he was contracted to do however many shows. That is why if he misses a show he won't be done the 21st... It just happened to fall on a Wednesday. I bet it was originally for a Sunday but I know it was the 20th until a month or so ago when he missed a performance and it got pushed back until the 21st. That is what would make the most sense to me but that is just speculation...

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#13re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/22/07 at 11:21pm

I got my ticket today for JLY's final performance.......I'm very excited!!

wicked_mimi
#14re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 12:15am

Those who have tickets on the 21st... keep your fingers crossed he stays healthy the next month....

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#15re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 12:19am

Wow, nice timing- my parents have tickets for the Nov. 20th performance, and they weren't expecting to see him in it. That'll be a nice suprise :)
Man, I really wish I didnt buy LITTLE MERMAID tickets for that night, because I so would've loved to see the show again with my parents and see him as Frankie before he leaves...oh well, congrats to him.

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

PRFRMR20 Profile Photo
PRFRMR20
#16re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 3:12am

Hey Nealb1-

Where did you get tickets? Telecharge is sold out for the 21st... I would love to be there? Where/How did you get yours?

Any other suggestions from anyone else??? I will probably go another time before the 21st to see that original 4 before JLY leaves...

Thanks!

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#17re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 9:24am

I am planning to do SRO on a weekend before he left. I am not living in NYC so I can only catch the show on Saturday or Sunday. When do you think I should wait in line to get SRO on weekend?

LizzieCurry
#18re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 10:52am

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=946738

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#19re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 10:52am

Prfrmr20....I'm able to get house seats through a friend of mine. So, it's very exciting!
Updated On: 10/23/07 at 10:52 AM

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#20re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 1:17pm

There are three "lines" for Jersey Boys tix at the August Wilson.
1. Box office for regular and advance sale
2. "Cancellation" seat line
3. SRO, standing room only line
Any of these lines can get you into the theatre, but the last two are for patrons that can afford to wait for hours to have a chance to purchase tix at a reduced price. Premium $375 (with tax) seats can be purchased at the regular box office.

At the theatre across the street showing Hairspray, they had a little "bingo" type lottery for their SRO, rush and cancellation tickets, which made for a huge mob scene, but for Jersey Boys, it was much subdued.

I promised John Lloyd Young I'd see him perform, but did not know he was leaving in about a month. I told him I'd still watch Jersey Boys in NYC, in addition to following his further career exploits. What a classy person who really cares for his fans! He'll definitely be missed!

LizzieCurry
#21re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 1:20pm

Actually, cancellation seats are not a reduced price, unless you consider paying full-price $121 as opposed to $300+ to be "reduced." re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21

Did it once...and my butt got numb from the marble floor...

PRFRMR20 Profile Photo
PRFRMR20
#22re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:14pm

Question for those who know...

JLY performs all performances but Wed. and Sat. mat.?? Correct?

So, if I wanted to see him before he leaves (as long as he isn't sick or out for another last minute reason) I should be fine with getting a ticket for any performance between now and 11/21 except for these two?

Let me know?

THANKS!
Updated On: 10/23/07 at 05:14 PM

PRFRMR20 Profile Photo
PRFRMR20
#23re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 7:39pm

No one yell at me... I just wanted to BUMP this before it goes off the first page.

Thanks!

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#24re: Young Ends Jersey Boys Run on Nov. 21
Posted: 10/23/07 at 7:39pm

Hi PRFRM20,
If you want to see JLY in Jersey Boys, you should try to see him anytime from now until Nov.21st. He does not do Matinee on Wednesday and Saturdays. So you should be able to catch him if you avoid the matinee performances.

Feel the Love - Les Mis

Videos