Cheap places to stay in NYC?

coolkid11776
#1Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:20pm

I am thinking about spending a night in NYC, I was thinking about December 8th 2007, I need to find something under $300 per night, Perferably walking distants to (or in) the theater district.
Also The room has to be able to fit 2 adults and 2 childrens so It has to have 2 double beds.
Thanks for any help

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"
Updated On: 11/14/07 at 07:20 PM

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#2re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:23pm

I stayed at the Ramada New Yorker, located across from Madison Square Garden. Not fancy but very clean and pleasant. Last August I paid $150 a night through one of the online discounters. I highly recommend it!
Broadway Blog: Wicked: The Grimmerie

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#2re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:25pm

I really like The Paramount (W. 46th.) I believe I paid $185 for a double in October. It was really nice, even theough the rooms were very small.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

center or back Profile Photo
center or back
#3re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:26pm

I like to stay at The Mayfair Hotel.. Its exactly beside Spring Awakening.. and you can get a cute little room, thats clean with a built in computer (no charge)for usually under $200

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#5re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:39pm

The Big Apple Hostel on 45th between 6th and 7th. Most of their guests are college-age but there is no age restriction. Private rooms are around $100/night and shared (dorm) rooms are around $40. Rooms are small but you're not paying for the room, just a place to sleep at night. Rooms book quickly though.

http://www.bigapplehostel.com/

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#6re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:41pm

Theres a really neat hotel right in the middle of Times Squre. Its called the Marriot Marquis. Check it out. Request a higher floor and a view of TS.

"Have they come yet?"

pab Profile Photo
pab
#7re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:42pm

Marriot Marquis, cheap? Since when? Surely You Gest?

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 11/14/07 at 07:42 PM

coolkid11776
#8re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:51pm

My parents won't do Hostels they have to be in a hotel. It has to be able to fit 4 people with 2 double beds I'm having a hard time finding one for under like $450

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"
Updated On: 11/14/07 at 07:51 PM

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#9re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:54pm

Marriott Marquis cheap... ha

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#10re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 8:14pm

Milford Plaza or Econo Lodge

Have a great night in the city!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#11re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 8:42pm

Agree with the "Milford". (miss that jingle, btw)

coolkid11776
#12re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 8:53pm

Milford has no rooms for that night, I'm finding that the hotels either has no room or they are like $450-600 a night

pab Profile Photo
pab
#13re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:01pm

If you accepted PMs I could have sent you some information.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#14re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:05pm

Not to burst any bubbles, but for this time of year, with as many people as you're bringing, and in the area you want, you're honestly not gonna find anything for under $300 that's not a hostel.

The best I can suggest is the chain hotels like Holiday Inn, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. But don't just limit your choices to midtown because it's gonna be slim pickings for that area. Look uptown or downtown because you can always use the subway or cabs to get back down to midtown.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#15re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:12pm

I was in New York with some friends for seven nights near the end of October. I found a very nice two bedroom apartment, in times square, on Craig's List and the total cost for the four of us was $220 per night.

Bwayfan4
#16re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 5:14am

I have to agree with LL...you ARE going during the holidays, so chances are VERY GOOD that you ARE going to pay more money.

FrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
FrontRowCenter2
#17re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 6:53am

Friends of mine have always used Priceline (name your own price) and have always found rooms less than $300 in top quality hotels. You may, as stated in a previous post, have to choose a hotel that is not in the immediate area of the theater district, but you can find one for less than $300 and they have always been first rate.
Good luck with your search.

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#18re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 7:29am

lol .... @ marriot marquis .... i stayed their last year with my gf. great hotel though :)

(she travels for accenture so she had a ton of marriot reward points :) )

broadwayjim42
#19re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 8:10am

Check Travelzoo.com...they feature many short-term specials with a number of hotels and rarely go over $250.

I'd also recommend applecorehotels.com and heraldsquarehotel.com. The latter is bare bones unless you get a newer room but even in December it stays under $300.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#20re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 8:53am

Between Thanksgiving and January 3, even cheap hotels aren't cheap. I stayed at the Sofitel last November - not cheap but occasionally reasonably expensive - and I love that hotel but it was $650 a night.

jbdc
#21re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 10:17am

The cheapest you'll find in Manhattan from now through New Years will be about $400. Look at hotels in Long Island City (one subway stop to Manhattan) for your price range. Or find a friend with a couch.

The dollar is so weak right now that Europeans, whose money goes much further, are coming to New York in record numbers--sometimes just for the weekend to shop. It's crazy, but you can blame the american economy.

chad2 Profile Photo
chad2
#22re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 10:19am

The 6th-8th is New York's busiest shopping weekend. You will be hard pressed to find any values. Check NJ if you really want a steal.

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#23re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 12:36pm

I second the recommendation to use priceline.com. I just booked rooms at the Sheraton Manhattan Times Square for $165/night. Last year I got rooms at the Paramount for $150, and the year before Guest Quarters Times Square for $140.

proptart101
#24re: Cheap places to stay in NYC?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 12:39pm

regnad -

Koo-koo-ka-joob.

Gesundhiet.

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood. " - Tom Robbins

Videos