Last RENT Cast

viola13
#50re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 3:57pm

Even if Matt Caplan wasn't going to be in South Pacific, it's not like Karen Olivo isn't doing anything. I want to know what people like Shaun Earl and Karmine Alers are going to do.

DaneSaw
#51re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 4:15pm

"Speaking of him, is he ready to sign up for food stamps, get hitched to welfare, and make right with a P.O. box? His meal ticket is going away."

gvendo, that's ignorant as sin. Yeah, I'm sure he'll be on food stamps being in South Pacific and all. Just because an actor tends to work with a certain show doesn't mean they're untalented or can't get other work, have you considered the fact that he might just enjoy doing what he does?

I swear, some people...

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#52re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 4:28pm

oh please, it was just a joke. I love Matt Caplan but he has spent quite a bit of time in Rent... not to say he's the only one re: Last RENT Cast

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Ole Chum
#53re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 7:19pm

I cant understand all this Tamyra bitching. Shes a celeb who is DAMN talented and has been giving consistently decent performances. I love Karmines Mimi and she, at this point, is an able understudy. But shes in her 40s, probably late 40s. and while she looks FANTASTIC in general, she looks ridiculous opposite a much younger Roger and cant pass for 19. Tamyra can.

would have no problem with Tamyra closing the show, but I do hope the John Gallagher rumor is true. A quick high profile gig for him, and hed be brilliant.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#54re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 8:16pm

are you kidding..karmine rocks..she looks MUCH better than some 19 yr olds..have u seen her on those bars?..singing her heart out in w/o u?..have you seen her period?..she rocks..i'm DYING to c her maureen when i go next sunday..i don't really like nicolette

Rentfan931
#55re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 8:51pm

Karmine is Maureen next Sunday???? That may just get me to go back and see the show one more time.

neddyfrank2
#56re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 9:00pm

John Gallagher Jr. won't be joining RENT.

He was interested in doing it, but never official auditioned. He had to pull out for a movie deal or something like that.

coolkid11776
#57re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 9:23pm

How do I turn on my PM'S?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 1/19/08 at 9:25pm

Updated On: 5/8/09 at 09:25 PM

neddyfrank2
#59re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 9:25pm

You go to Your Settings and change Allow Private Messaging to yes.

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#60re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 9:27pm

Ah. I see. Thanks Adam.

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

coolkid11776
#61re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 9:29pm

Thanks I figured it out

Neddyfrank my Pm's are now turned on

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"
Updated On: 1/19/08 at 09:29 PM

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#62re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 1/19/08 at 9:57pm

I really dont like tamyra's acting. I think she doesnt seem connected with the material. I haven't seen her with declan but I really didn't feel a lot of chemistry between her and Adam or Tim. The worst part for me is when she leaps up at the end and goes "I JUMPED OVER THE MOON!" It's like honey, you were just dead, did you chug 10 redbulls in that tunnel? And I know it's not her fault but i can not stand the hair. or the booby glitter that comes with it. To be fair though she's got a great voice.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#63re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/1/08 at 8:03pm

When is the final cast announced (or when do contracts expire for the current one)?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Rentaholic Profile Photo
Rentaholic
#64re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/1/08 at 10:05pm

Why doesn't Scary Spice come back and close the show?

*/sarcasm*

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#65re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/1/08 at 10:20pm

It looks like it will be unknowns - unless they have someone up their sleeve.

The new Mark is Adam Kantor.

http://media.www.dailynorthwestern.com/media/storage/paper853/news/2008/02/28/Campus/Nu.Senior.Gets.Lead.Role.On.Broadway-3241065.shtml

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

LittlexFallxOfxRain
#66re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/2/08 at 10:29pm

I really dislike Tamyra's Mimi. She has a beautiful voice, but is by no means that character that Daphne Rubin Vega created 12 years ago. I think that Karmine is much, much better.

If the original cast were to close the show, it would be incredible. But I don't think that everyone would be able to return.

John Gallagher Jr is my one true love, but I don't know how I would feel about him playing Mark.

johnnhoj
#67re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/6/08 at 4:43pm

adam kantor is unreal. i have seen him perform in productions at NU and he is going to bring new life to RENT. he is the most talented new actor i have seen in a very long time and he is going to make everyone fall in love with RENT again. be watching this guy. he is going to be all over the place.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#68re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/8/08 at 2:03am

dtl04

Is Nicolette Hart still Maureen? I think she does a great job and is fine to close..

typecastme22
#69re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/8/08 at 2:25am

Adam Kantor is AMAZING. You will not be dissapointed.
Everyone here at NU is so excited to see him take over the part.

bluetuna
#70re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:19am

Yes, ssh282, Nicolette Hart is still Maureen, and since she recently renewed her contract, it seems she's there until the end.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#71re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:04am

I have to say that I'm disappointed that Nicolette will be closing the show, but what's new in the casting world of Rent.

I'll be interested in seeing Adam Kantor. It will be nice to have a TOTALLY fresh perspective on Mark rather than recycled cast members.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#72re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/8/08 at 2:26pm

According to IBDB Karmine is 33 NOT in her 40's at all. She did audition around the same time as some of the OBC memebers and did come back later. Her sister ( who she is close in age with) was the first Mimi understudy.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#73re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/8/08 at 4:50pm

IBDB is wrong. Karmine is in her mid-40's and her sister is in her late 40's. They just have crazy good genes.

Tim Howar also claimed he was 28 when he was in the show. Even other cast members said "oh please, he's 28" but if you look at his career (Marius in Les Mis like 10 years ago) and articles about him in England he is 38.

People have stage ages that are very different from their real age.

RnbwConnection78
#74re: Last RENT Cast
Posted: 3/8/08 at 9:49pm

Does anyone have any confirmation on who will be replacing Declan Bennett after March 22nd?