pixeltracker

Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000

Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 7:00am

OMG. What a pair of nuts.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

morningglory
#2re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 7:07am

talk about screwed up! Updated On: 2/6/08 at 07:07 AM

nasty_khakis
#3re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 7:11am

stuff of legend. poor cast, but at least they can regale their children with the horror stories or perhaps write a backstage musical about it. hmm...

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#4re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 7:15am

So many wonderful tidbits to pull from that story

"Evi was trashing the producers and rewriting the script"

"Randy was fiddling around with his blocking, showing off his enormous codpiece"

"Randy didn't show up for the hearing, which was held in Los Angeles. But his wife did and, according to a report on TMZ last week, berated several Equity staff members, including a 76-year-old receptionist whom she allegedly kicked in the shins, "drawing blood."

"Equity reportedly took out a restraining order against her"

'Evi, in turn, says staffers broke her finger, and she has requested a restraining order against them.'

"During the 61/2-hour hearing, Evi repeatedly screamed that the allegations against her husband were part of a "Nazi plot,"

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Updated On: 2/6/08 at 07:15 AM

husk_charmer
#5re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 7:52am

According to documents obtained exclusively by The Post, the union has banned Randy for life - life! - and fined him $81,572.

Tabloid-esque much Riedel?

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

#6re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 8:10am

SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR!

It's so exciting to see the drama unfold as it happens. This will be one of those things that people will be talking about in 20 years-- "Remember when that actor went nuts and they had to cancel the show & ban him for life??"

Of course, I still feel awful for everyone involved in the show, especially the cast and the producers who put up the millions of dollars that have been flushed down the terlit. Do we think they can (and will) sue the Quaids for damages?

Urban
#7re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 8:25am

I wonder if they are on the same drugs as Britney?

It is sad to think once upon a time Randy was really very attractive (think 'Midnight Express').

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#8re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 8:35am

she is off her bloody rocker

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#9re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 8:40am

The folks who really are at a loss here are the creative team, who wrote the book, an original score, and directed the musical, in its Off-Broadway and pre-Broadway mountings.

It now looks like their piece of art will never see the lights of Broadway just because of these screwy nut jobs.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

paphillyguy
#10re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 8:49am

they should be fined a lot more for all the jobs that they cost in not having the transfer.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#11re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:04am

If he lost his Equity card and is banned from ever joining the union again....is he legally bound to pay the "fine?"

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#12re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:13am

Wow. Not since Nicol Williamson. This one is a lulu!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#13re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:16am

Call me crazy, but why weren't they fired and replaced halfway into their hideousness?

Randy Quaid and his "classy" wife are such irreplaceable stars?

Come on.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

husk_charmer
#14re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:42am

What did Nicol Wiliamson do?

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#15re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:44am

Remember that Quaid sued the producers of Brokeback Mountain. His case was about being paid scale for a "small art-house movie" that went on to become a hit. He was asking for 10 million dollars, but eventually dropped the suit.

Gothampc
#16re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:51am

While I don't know the real story here, it seems a bit over the top to ban Quaid for life. Mandy Patinkin was doing worse during The Wild Party.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#17re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:50am

This whole thing sounds like a bunch of grandstanding on both sides. I doubt seriously if he will be banned for life.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#18re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:52am

Nicol Williamson in I HATE HAMLET

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#19re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:53am

Evi sounds like a real prize.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#20re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:55am

I remember reading that the producers sort of gave away the farm and Quaid contractually had complete creative control or some such thing. If he had THAT, I'm sure there were some other stipulations about being 'let go' that would have made it impossible.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

Yankeefan007
#21re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 1:00pm

Yeah, the producers effed this one up really badly.

Quaid (who isn't a terribly huge star, is he?) had a rider in his contract saying that they can't do this production without him.

Hence, the closure.

Ed_Mottershead
#22re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 1:03pm

Isn't it great to see some justice in this our world? Bye, bye Quaid!!!! You WON'T be missed!!!!!!

BroadwayEd

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#23re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 1:14pm

Real justice would mean the creative got their show back.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

roquat
#24re: Equity bans Quaid for life, fines him $81,000
Posted: 2/6/08 at 1:42pm

I know two members of the LONE STAR LOVE company. Apparently the charges against Quaid and his wife were understated in the court hearing.

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

Videos