Orch Row C 1-3

Thanks!

Im about to buy GYPSY tickets!! =D

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#2re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/14/08 at 10:56pm

They're all good locations, and more or less the same. If you want to be really close, go with Row C.

Zeitoujo
#2re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/14/08 at 10:57pm

Is row C too close?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/14/08 at 11:00pm

Get Row C. It's not too close.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#4re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/14/08 at 11:00pm

Honestly?! They're all in the front of the orchestra, within four rows of each other. Come on, grow a set and use your OWN judgement! I DARE you!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#5re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 12:24am

I got Row C, 3 seats in for the last weekend of previews.

I went through the same debate, and I figured, as long as I don't get a playbill to the face, it'll be completely worth it.

In fact... even IF I get a playbill to the face.

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 12:46am

You might as well get C, but they are all amazing seats.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#7re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 12:57am

What Broadway house has awful seats, really/

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Zeitoujo
#8re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 8:29am

blaxx: hilton, gershwin

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#9re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 8:37am

Is the St. James theater a big theater? Because I looked for tickets that were in the last row of the orchestra...but i wasnt sure if i should get them bc i wasn't sure of how big the theater was...Also are the seats small...or do they give alittle room like the gershwin seats...The reason im asking this is because I might take my mom and she needs alittle room in the seat...Hope you all can help and thanks in advance for the help :)

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#10re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 9:55am

Well, I am sitting in the front row center balcony. Which I haven't done in this theatre. But I am sure it will be fine. If the front gallery seating at City Center was fine, I am sure this will be just as good.

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

Zeitoujo
#11re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 1:45pm

Yeah I think front row balcony should be fine!
I can't wait for GYPSY!!!!! =D

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#12re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 1:59pm

MovieGuy1031, what do you mean by "playbill to the face?"

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Tom148502
#13re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 2:25pm

In the original production Merman made her first entrance down aisle, so you may want to find out whether the latest Mama Rose is using the left or the right aisle.

Zeitoujo
#14re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 10:35pm

How Is Balcony Row A Seats 1-3?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#15re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/15/08 at 10:37pm

Fantastic. I love the balcony seats at the St. James; I actually prefer sitting up there. There's barely any room to move but the view is great.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#16re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/16/08 at 8:35am

Patti entered on the right at Encores!, I felt like such a tool because I was staring at the door to my left, waiting for her entrance when I suddenly heard "Sing out, Louise!" coming from my right. *blushes*

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#18re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/16/08 at 2:21pm

re: Gypsy Seating Question:

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#19re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/16/08 at 9:53pm

How is Row R in the center? I have no idea how far away from the stage that is...so if anyone can give me a clue that would be great...also are the seats spacious like the gershwin or are they smaller?

Zeitoujo
#20re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/16/08 at 11:10pm

Just got balcony row E center!! IM SO EXCITED! As I was walking by the theater today, I saw them loading in the sets =D

I'm SO EXCITEDD!!!

millie_dillmount
#21re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:32am

What happened to the orchestra seats? For not that much more (I believe there was a discount), it would've been nice to be that close. The mezz isn't bad though, not sure about balcony.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#22re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 6/28/08 at 12:55am

Bumping because I didn't want to start a new thread. I just got tickets for mezz row R, 112 and 111. Is the balcony gonna cut off some of my view? I don't really mind if it does, I mean, for 38 bucks, come on...

I know you. I know you. I know you.

n2005 Profile Photo
n2005
#23re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 6/28/08 at 12:41pm

I got the last row of the mezz from TKTS and the view was fine except for the very tall guy in front of me! But the balcony won't obstruct the view.

millie_dillmount
#24re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 6/28/08 at 12:46pm

Get G 2-4 because they are aisle seats on the right, and in the beginning Patti walks down the right aisle.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#25re: Gypsy Seating Question:
Posted: 7/1/08 at 5:58pm

I'm lost...I've actually never been in the St. James (No Producers for me!), and have unfortunate seating options:

To either side:
Row N Mezz

or Center Orchestra T, the last row in the theatre.

Any suggestions for which one would be best?

Thanks!

Videos