pixeltracker

What was the first cast recording you bought or recieved?- Page 5

What was the first cast recording you bought or recieved?

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#100re: You're first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/23/08 at 3:04am

The first and only cast recording I've bought was "The Threepenny Opera" (Donmar '94).

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#101re: You're first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 1:41pm

First cast album: THE SOUND OF MUSIC with Mary Martin.
(First movie soundtrack: THE PAJAMA GAME with Doris Day.)

Most recent cast album (#3,693 in my database): THE LITTLE MERMAID

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#102re: You're first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 2:12pm

A Chorus Line LP...

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

sparkleplenty
#104re: You're first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 2:51pm

A voice here from the aged...My first one was the original cast album of "Flower Drum Song" from the Columbia Record Club. They offered two cast albums as I recall - "FDS" and "My Fair Lady". I didn't know from either one (I was in 6th grade at the time) and so went with "Flower Drum Song" because an episode of The Ann Southern Show a popular sit com of the day, featured a plot line involving Ann's character trying to get enought tickets for her friends for the opening of FDS.
In my household it became a "family" album - we still can probably all sing the entire score, it was played so often.

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#105"Your" first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 2:59pm

The revival cast recording of Once Upon a Mattress I was in Middle School, and I won a gift certificate to some music store, so I bought that. I still have it (even if it was only like 12 years ago or something), although the case is broken and the booklet is messed up and torn.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#106'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 3:07pm

Annie. I made my mom buy it for me after they took me to see it...my first show! Many years ago.

ragg_ballad
#107'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 3:08pm

I have the Phantom of the Opera Highlights TAPE from 1987..with Michael and Sarah [i ddin't buy it, but my parents found it and gave it to me[

The first CD I got was the Wicked OBC. heh

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#108'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 3:58pm

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (vinyl). I was in 5th grade. It was quite by accident. I loved the movie and had an overly permissable mother who was willing to purchase it for me. I thought I was getting the movie soundtrack.

Rigazzi2 Profile Photo
Rigazzi2
#109'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 4:11pm

I grew up on my mother's OBCR on vinyl (My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, South Pacific, Camelot, etc). I think the first OBCR that was INTENDED to be mine was probably "Chess". I think I bought that my 8th grade year around the same time I bought "Miss Saigon".

RyToast1
#110'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 4:56pm

Sunset Boulevard World Premiere Recording

...I think this explains a lot!

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#111'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 6:29pm

Guys and Dolls 1992 revival. I wanted to be Faith Prince. 'Your' first broadway cast recording

jagfkb
#112'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 8:29pm

Beauty & the Beast, after I saw the show when I was three. i'm now on my third cd, after I wore down the other two.

footlights2 Profile Photo
footlights2
#113'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 8:33pm

First Cassette- ShowBoat
First CD- Grand Hotel

#114'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 8:41pm

Can I count Grease? Because that was definitely my first.

Uhm.. Thoroughly Modern Millie OBC or Les Mis OBC. (I'm young, whatever. Plus, I have awful taste in shows.)

broadwaywriter Profile Photo
broadwaywriter
#115'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/26/08 at 10:04pm

Phantom of the Opera was my first...I think

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#116'Your' first broadway cast recording
Posted: 3/27/08 at 1:09am

I want to say West Side Story ?